~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Buffy, Spike, Dawn, and the rest of the gang were all in the Magic Box. This was where they were spending most of their waking hours now. They would usually hang around all together, talking about whatever came to mind. Ever since Buffy had faced the monsters that made her blind, things had been very slow in Sunnydale.

"Hey, you guys, I have something I think I should say," Buffy said as she and her friends all sat around the table. Their small table had grown into a table that probably could have fit King Author's knights. With Dawn and Spike now in the mix, a table that was fit for about 4 wasn't enough.

"What is it, Buffy?" Willow asked. Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at her.

Buffy wore a pair of sunglasses now, just so that her wandering eyes wouldn't creep anyone out as she talked to her friends. "I think that it's time that we stop the studying and give up with this."

"But Buffy-" Willow tried to say.

"No, Will...it's okay. I get the point that we aren't going to find anything." Buffy said. "I mean, c'mon, have you guys really been researching this *whole* time?" She didn't get a response from anyone. "I didn't think so."

"But we could still find something, Buff." Xander said.

"No, it's okay. I can deal." Buffy assured them. And that was true. She was finally fine with the whole blind thing. Sure it was going to be a hassle forever, but she could overcome it, just like she always had. "Everyone has been really helpful to me...especially Spike."

Spike was sitting next to her, resting his hand on her leg underneath the table where no one could see. He squeezed her leg lightly as reassurance. "That's right, love. And I'm going to keep helping you out too."

Dawn smiled as everyone else looked around nervously. All were wondering the same thing: what was going on with these two?

"Yeah, Spike and I almost have the whole fighting thing down." Buffy said happily. Ever since their first attempt at sparring together, the two had been working non-stop on trying to improve. Finally, both Buffy and Spike thought they just about had it.

"Speaking of fighting, want to go spar some, Slayer?" Spike asked, standing up.

"Sure, sounds good." Buffy said. She stood up slowly, managing to not knock anything over as she pushed back her chair and starting walking out to the middle of the room. Like at her house, some of the middle tables had been pushed back against the walls. Anya wasn't too happy about that, but she eventually got over it.

Together, she and Spike walked back into the back room. Buffy pulled off her sweatshirt as Spike took off his jacket. The two walked into the middle of the room and stood a few feet away from each other. "Okay, love, remember what we were practicing?" Spike asked.

"Sure do," Buffy replied, moving into a fighting stance.

"Okay, I'm coming up on your left..." Spike said, slowly moving towards Buffy. Buffy heard the rustling of his motion and quickly blocked him before pushing him away from her. "Good, love. Again." Spike came up in front of Buffy, and before he could even react, Buffy grabbed him, pushing him up against the wall.

"Good?" Buffy asked him.

Spike groaned. Getting shoved into a wall of bricks was not his impression of "good." "That's great, love."

"Thank you," Buffy said proudly. Spike expected her to back away and let go of him, but Buffy didn't budge.

"Buffy?" Spike asked her softly, thinking that she had just forgotten that she was holding onto him.

"Spike..." she said as she moved her fingers from grasping his shirt up to his face. She felt out his lips before moving her head forward and lightly kissing him.

Spike was surprise, to say the least, but he quickly responded, wrapping his arms around her, deepening the kiss. Buffy hadn't expected that, and she let out a sound that was a half moan and half yelp of surprise. But she didn't let go of him, she felt his cool lips against hers and the feeling of his tongue tracing her bottom lip before entering her mouth.

Suddenly, to their left, the two heard the sound of the doorknob twisting and the door opening. Buffy and Spike jumped before the two stepped away from each other. Buffy instinctively swung out and punched him away from her, thinking that anyone else would think that they were merely sparring.

However, the person that walked through the door was merely Dawn. "Woah...it's okay guys, it's just me."

Buffy and Spike sighed before realizing that Dawnie had caught them kissing. Buffy thought.

Buffy couldn't see it obviously, but Dawn was smiling at the two. She could see Buffy's heavy breathing and the way that Spike was standing as far apart as he could without being too far away just in case. Oh yeah, these two were *so* into each other. "I just thought I'd let you know that Xander, Anya, and I are going to go get some food. Do you want anything, Buffy?"

Buffy thought about it for a second. she thought. But she figured that she shouldn't tell that to her 15-year-old sister. "Oh, just some type of deli sandwich or something should do for me," Buffy said. She was eager to get Dawn out of the room so she could get back to concentrating on Spike.

"Okay, we'll be back soon." Dawn said, heading back out, making sure to close the door behind her.

After Dawn had left, Spike and Buffy were quiet for another minute. "So..." Spike finally started.

"So," Buffy said. She didn't move because she didn't know where he was standing.

"Where were we?" Spike said, hoping that she'd say that they were kissing instead of denying it. He was so tired of that.

"Well, I think we were sparring." Buffy said. She took a small step in the direction where his voice came from. "You up to some more?"

Spike smiled. So, she was going to play tough. The two of them were going to dance. "That's fine. I want to try something new out."

"Okay, I'm learn-girl," Buffy said. Spike led her back to the middle of the room and then backed away from her some.

"Close you eyes," Spike said.

"Spike, it doesn't matter if my eyes are closed or not-" Buffy tried to complain.

"Would just bloody do it?" Spike asked back at her. A second later, Buffy did as he said. "Okay..." Spike began. "Here's what we're going to do. I'm not going to tell you where I'm coming from, *you* have to figure that out."

"Okay, I think I can do that." Buffy said. She remembered brief fights where she had to do this when it counted.

"Okay, Slayer," Spike started. "You gotta feel me out, can you? Buffy, you have to sense me...listen for the slightest sound or movement from your opponent. You have to listen to the faintest sound. Something that moves can be a demon creeping up from behind you. You can do this, just use those Slayer powers."

Buffy started feeling around with her senses, listening to Spike as he moved across the matted floor. Spike silently crept up from behind her. Unexpectedly, Buffy lashed out, kicking him away before grabbing him and punching him away from her. Buffy grabbed onto him, kicking into his side. Spike tried to retaliate, but ended up pulling both of them down onto the floor. Spike tried to rise, but Buffy had him securely pinned to the floor.

"Did I do well?" Buffy asked, out of breath. Of course, fighting Spike always did that to her now.

"Never better, love." Spike said. And then he raised his head up off the mat to kiss his blonde slayer. Spike ran his fingers through her hair as Buffy placed her hands on the mat, concentrating on Spike and his amazing kisses. Spike's hands were running through her hair and then down her waist as Buffy spread kisses all along his face. The two were breathing heavy, the feeling of their lust and love for each other in the air. Spike wanted to rip off all of her clothes and take her right then and there, when suddenly...

The training room door silently opened and two gasps were heard. "Oh my god..." someone whispered. Buffy and Spike pulled back again, both of them inwardly groaning. both of them were thinking. "Oh my god..." the voice said again, louder.

Buffy thought about it for a second. "Oh no...that's not Dawnie, is it?" she whispered to Spike.

Spike looked over at the door. The two Wiccans, Willow and Tara were standing there. he thought. "No, love. That sure isn't Nibblet."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was almost midnight when Spike, Dawn, and Buffy got home. Before Xander and Anya got back, Buffy and Spike talked to Willow and Tara, getting them calmed down enough to explain what had been going on with them. Willow and Tara actually understood what was going on and Willow was happy for Buffy. This was the happiest that Willow had seen Buffy ever since she went blind.

Since it was a Friday night and Buffy didn't want to keep everyone away from all of the fun, she and the gang went to the Bonze. It was hard for Spike and Buffy to keep their hands off each other in front of everyone, and occasionally when Anya and Xander weren't looking, Buffy and Spike would steal kisses and hugs.

Dawn, of course, saw everything. She smiled to herself when she saw Buffy and Spike kiss before quickly breaking away as Xander approached them. It looked as though Spike and Buffy were both back in high school, trying to hide their secret from all of their friends. It couldn't have been cuter.

So when the three of them got home, Dawn muttered something about heading off the bed before going up the stairs. Buffy and Spike followed shortly later, Buffy taking the steps slowly as usual.

Spike waited outside Buffy's door while she changed into some spring pajamas. "Okay, Spike, you can come in now." Buffy said.

Spike opened the door and walked over to the bed, where Buffy sat. "You did a good job today, pet." Spike said, talking about the sparring.

"I did? Thanks." Buffy replied. "We're getting better with that."

"Are you really okay with this?" Spike asked. "Never getting you vision back?"

"Well, I'm not happy about it, no. But...I can deal. I can get over this and get back to a somewhat normal life." Buffy said. "Just as...just as long as you're here to help me get through it all." She finished.

"Buffy..." Spike said. "I- I'll be here for you, every step of the way. I'm not going to let you down with this."

"I didn't think you would," Buffy said, sighing and leaning against Spike's frame. He kissed the top of her forehead, wanting to do much more to her. But now wasn't the time, and he knew that.

"You should get some sleep, love." Spike said, moving away from her and rising from her bed. "We'll work some more on the fighting tomorrow, if you're up for it."

"I always am." Buffy said. "I always look forward to kicking your ass, blind or not."

"We'll see whose ass gets kicked." Spike said, before heading out the door and closing it behind him. He started heading down the stairs into the basement. Ever since he had started living with Buffy and Dawn, the three of them had cleaned up the basement for him. It was a convenient place to live. He could maneuver easily down there in the day and there was plenty of space for privacy.

Suddenly, Spike heard the phone ring. Spike thought. He ran into the kitchen, trying to get to the phone before it woke up the two people upstairs. He got to the phone after the second ring and picked up. "Hello?" he asked.

"Spike...? Is- is that you?"

It was Giles. "Yeah...I'm over here watching over Nibblet and Big Sis. What do you want at this time of night?"

"Oh, right...I guess it's fairly late where you are right now." Giles said. He was still in England, trying to enjoy his life to the fullest without the young people around him anymore. "I figured, though, that it would be for the best that I call you now."

"Is this about Buffy?" Spike asked.

"Well...we found out a way to cure her sight..." Giles started.

"That's great, mate." Spike said. However, inside, he was now being twisted. If Buffy got her sight back, would she even need him around anymore? He would go back to living in the crypt and it would be like the last few days never happened between the two. What was he going to do after that?

"Well...I don't know if I'd call it 'great,' Spike." Giles said. "See...there's this-this way to get her sight back, that will...will make it a most difficult task."

"Well, what do we have to do?" Spike asked. "The lover Wiccans can get it in a spell, maybe the whelp can get it cornered and slam it with a wrecking ball..."

"That's just it Spike. The others...you included, you can't help her." Spike said. "Buffy must- she must do this on her own. The blood, it, uh, contains an antitoxin towards the slime on the outside. She has to kill the demon, the...Skiritosh demon. By herself. No one can help her with this."

"That's insane, Giles!" Spike yelled into the phone.

"But that's what she's got to do, Spike. If she ever wants her sight back, she must defeat this demon by herself."

"That's like suicide, mate. She doesn't have the capability to fight that much amount of power. It took me a good 10 minutes to take down one of them." Spike said. "How do you expect her to do it blind?"

"It's her job," Giles said in a very Watcher-type of way.

"Look, Watcher, it's bloody murder. I'm not letting some nasty get even a taste out of my Slayer!" Spike said coldly. And with that, he hung up the phone.

Giles stared at the receiver in his hand for a second, thinking back to Spike's anger towards all of this.

Spike sighed after hanging up the phone, lowering his head. So there was a cure for Buffy...a cure that would give her eyesight back 100%. She could be a normal person again. Never again would they have to worry about her running into things or not able to see anything anymore. But the price...Spike knew that this would kill her. Yes they had been fighting together, but that was different. There was no way that she could play the offensive and defensive side at the same time. Right then and there, Spike swore to himself that he wouldn't speak of this to Buffy.

From upstairs, Spike heard Buffy's door open. He turned around and started walking back over to where the steps ended. Buffy walked out of the doorway and down the hallway some. She had heard the phone call and wondered who would be calling at this time of the night. "Spike?" She asked.

"Yes, love?" Spike asked from the bottom of the stairs.

"Who was that?"

"Uh..." Spike faltered, wondering if he was doing the right thing. "It was no one, Buffy. Just a wrong number."

"Oh, okay..." Buffy said, as she started to walk back to her bedroom.

"Do you want some help, love?" Spike asked, starting to climb the stairs.

"No, I'm okay." Buffy said. Inwardly, she was willing him to go away. If he helped her get back into bed, there was a chance that she would pull him in there beside her and never let him go. "Thank you, Spike."

"Welcome, love." Spike said, turning and heading over towards the basement to get some blood and then some sleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~