~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The next day went along smoothly. Spike watched over Buffy just as hard as he always had. He spent his time watching to see if she was having troubles still overcoming the blindness. He was torn apart, undecided whether or not he should tell her about what Giles had said. Spike was just so scared that he would loose her again.

However, breakfast and lunch went well. When Dawn came home from school, the three of them hung around the house together talking and helping Dawn with her homework. Spike still couldn't believe that his life had turned out like this- he was officially a member of the Scooby Gang and an important part in Buffy's life. She had kissed him, said that she needed him around, and trusted him. He couldn't ask for any more than that.

After the sun set, the three went over to the Magic Box. Dawn watched the Scoobies do their normal tasks as Spike and Buffy went into the back room to spar. Spike noticed that she was catching on very quickly to his silent motions and forms of attack. Spike once thought.

"Hey, I think I'm finally getting the hang of this," Buffy said as she punched Spike away from her, listening to him slide across the floor. It seemed as though the two of them had been sparring for hours, but neither of them could quit. Sweat was glistening on her forehead and her heart was pounding in her ears. She could feel his every motion. She knew where he was going to walk up to her and attack next.

"Good, love. Every minute you're getting a little bit better." Spike said. He came up behind her, gently placing his hands over her arms, running his fingertips down her skin. Buffy knew that he was no longer sparring with her, this was something else- something else that she had been longing for. her brain asked herself.

Buffy turned around to face Spike. And before she could stop herself, she leaned forward and raised her head, meeting his lips. Buffy asked herself. With that final thought, Buffy fully gave in, kissing Spike with a passion that she had never before dared with the vampire that used to be her enemy.

"Ahem!" A voice came from the door. Buffy and Spike turned around.

"It's Dawn," Spike told her, moving away from her.

"I tell ya, one day you two are going to ruin my virgin eyes." Dawn said. "Ew, don't need the visual images."

"Sorry Dawnie," Buffy said, trying to get her breathing under control. "What's up?"

"Oh, I was wondering if I could go spend the night at Allison's house tonight?" Dawn asked. "I just want to get out of the house some tonight, if...if that's all right with you."

Buffy thought it over for a second. "Okay, that sounds fine Dawn." She said a second later. "Call her and ask if that's all right first?"

"Oh, I'm sure it will be," Dawn said, walking out of the room and smiling to herself. She had already talked to Allison about her coming over for a sleepover tonight. It was the perfect plan to get Buffy and Spike together again without the two of them having to worry about her being upstairs. she thought, thinking back to the image of her older sister and Spike making out.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Late that night, Buffy and Spike were sitting together on the couch, their arms wrapped around each other as they kissed. Spike thought, running his fingers through his hair.

"Spike..." Buffy moaned, moving her hands to rest on Spike's back, deepening their hot kiss. Never before had she been kissed this way. Spike's kiss made her breathless and yearning for more.

"Buffy," Spike muttered before lowering his lips to hers again.

"You know...what?" Buffy asked in between kisses.

"What, love?" Spike asked, moving back and allowing her to talk.

"I wish I could see you. For the first time, I wish that I could see your eyes." Buffy said, running her hand down the side of Spike's face and then down his arm.

Spike didn't say anything. He knew that something like this would come up. Spike thought. There was no way that he'd be able to keep that a secret from her forever. Buffy wanted to see...she wanted to see him, and how could he deny anything from her? "Well..." Spike started. Suddenly, those words seemed impossible to say.

"Spike?" Buffy asked. She looked over at him with a confused expression. "What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"Buffy, I- I know how you can get your vision back." Spike said.

Buffy was silent as she tried to understand what he had said to her. "What?" Buffy asked, her voice rising. "How long have you known?" She tried to remain calm, listening to see if he had a good reason.

Spike sighed, knowing that this would be difficult to say. He rose from the couch and walked over to where he could stand in front of her. It seemed easier to talk to her when he wasn't in staking range. "Since last night. Uh, Giles called here."

"Giles?" Buffy asked, looking at him. "*You* said that it was a wrong number." Spike didn't reply, he didn't even know how. Buffy's face of confusion quickly turned into anger. "You lied? To me? I thought that...I thought that we were past the lies."

"Buffy, you are the last person I would ever lie to anymore," Spike said, trying to defend himself.

"Then *why* the hell didn't you tell me?!" Buffy shouted at him.

"Because it will *kill* you!" Spike shouted back at her. Buffy's face was shocked, surprised by both his anger towards her and the response she got. "That's right...the only way to get your sight back is the kill one of those nasties. By yourself." Spike explained.

Buffy's features softened, finally understanding the reason why Spike hadn't told her sooner. He was afraid for her. "And you think I can't handle that?" Buffy asked.

"I *know* you can't handle that, Buffy." Spike said. "You just can't."

Buffy sighed. "What would I have to do?"

"No...no, I'm not telling you this. I'm not explaining about how to get you killed." Spike said, shaking his head.

"Spike..." Buffy warned.

"You...you have to kill the demon by yourself with no help from anyone. Then, you can get its blood and drink that up. Then, you get your sight back." Spike said. "I'm not allowing you to do this, love."

"Spike, I have to." Buffy said. "I'm no good this way. I can't protect anyone being blind." She had to find a way to convince him. "I need a chance to get my sight back. I need to be the Slayer again."

Spike knew she was right. Whatever she said or did, she was always right. And Spike also knew that there was no way that he would stop her from doing this. Now that Buffy knew, she was determined to fight this demon. "I'm just..." Spike started.

"Just what?" Buffy asked softly.

"I'm- I'm afraid, dammit, okay?" Spike told her, his voice quickly rising.

Buffy smiled quickly. "Aww, the Big Bad is afraid?"

"Dammit, Buffy, I'm serious here! I...I don't want to loose you again. Bit would shut down, it'd kill the Scoobies, and...it'd kill me."

"Spike..." Buffy started, trying to calm him. She knew what his fear was- loosing her because of something he did. She had to let him know that there was no way that this could be his fault.

"I mean, you died. For the past year my reason for carryin' on like this, with this soddin' chip in my head was because of *you.* And now you could die again from this stupid beast, and I just- I just can't loose you again."

"I'll come back from this," Buffy said. "I always do." She made a motion to make him sit down again. Spike sighed and walked back over and sat at her side.

He stared at the Slayer, this amazing woman who was once again being forced into something that she shouldn't even have to face. Spike sighed at what she had said, finally saying, "but not the last time."

"That's right, *you* brought me back last time, just like I know you would again. You'd help me get back up onto my feet and stay with me when I need you the most." Buffy said. She started reaching out for his hands and Spike took hers first. "Spike, I can handle this. Let me handle this."

Spike gently kissed one of her hands that he held. "All right, love. I'll let you do your slayer thing."

"Thank you," Buffy said, smiling at him.

"But I am going to be *right* there in the shadows, watching you. If I even start to see that you are fallin' apart, I'm helping. We'll find another demon and figure out another way." Spike said. There was no way that she would be going to do this by herself.

"Thank you, Spike." Buffy said, leaning forward and trying to meet his cheek. What she met were his lips- not that Buffy minded. The two shared a sweet, gentle kiss before Buffy sighed and moved away from him. "I just...I just whish I could take *one* look at your before I do this."

"Oh, c'mon love. You know what I look like. Here, let me help you out." Spike took her hands that he had been holding onto and brought them up to his face. He ran her fingertips up the side of his face and then into his hair. "See? Remember the bleached hair? And...I've got blue eyes..." Spike lowered her hands to his cheeks, "And cheeks are here, and then my lips..." He lowered her hands even more. "Right now I'm smiling, and now I'm smirking at you." Spike joked.

Buffy managed to laugh as her fingertips ran over his cool skin. And right then, as Spike showed gentleness that she didn't even know he possessed, everything was clear. "Spike..."

"Yes, love?" Spike asked, looking at her.

"I- I love you," Buffy said softly to him, moving over and leaning into his embrace.

Spike asked himself. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her forehead. "Buffy...I love you too."

"I think I've loved you for a long time now, I've just been to afraid to ever tell you. But...with this thing coming up, I need to let you know how I feel." Buffy said, squeezing his hands that were clasped around hers. "I just...I just wish that I could see your face when I said that." For the first time in a couple weeks, Buffy regretted not being able to see more than ever.

"Don't worry. You'll see my face plenty of times after you kill that bloke." Spike said.

"I'm planning on that." Buffy said. She raised her head, meeting lips with Spike. The two of them poured every emotion that they felt for each other during that kiss.

"I love you, Buffy." Spike said, staring at her. Although she couldn't see it, his eyes were sparkling with love and admiration for the woman sitting in front of him.

"I love you too, Spike." She smiled brightly. "And when I get back, I intend to show you just *how* much I love you." Buffy added.

"Sounds bloody good to me, pet." Spike said, grinning at what she had said. He glanced over at the clock on the mantle and saw that it was already past midnight. If she wanted any chance of beating that monster, she would have to start off with a good night's sleep. "C'mon, love. Let's get you to bed." Spike said, standing up and helping her stand beside him. "Tomorrow we'll have a day full of sparring and preparation for you fighting this beast."

"Yes *Giles.*" Buffy replied sarcastically, his tone and word choice sounding like her old watcher. Spike smiled and helped Buffy climb the stairs slowly, just as they had done together nights before. He helped her pick out something to wear before stepping out and allowing her to change. Then, he walked back into her room and helped her get under the covers.

"Good night, Buffy." Spike said, kissing her forehead. Buffy raised her head, moving her lips up to Spike's as the two met in a sweet good night kiss.

"G'night, Spike." Buffy replied quietly. Spike turned around and started walking out of Buffy's room. He was at the door when Buffy's voice stopped him. "Spike?"

"Yes, love?" Spike asked, turning back around.

"Can you stay with me tonight?" Buffy asked. She knew that right now wasn't the right time for the two of them to move their relationship to the next level, but she still wanted him around her before she went and faced this monster.

"Sure thing." Spike closed the door and walked over and started sitting down in the chair across from the side of her bed.

When Buffy didn't feel him approach her, she figured she needed to specify. "No, Spike. I mean...*with* me." Buffy moved her covers back to emphasis her point more.

"Oh...okay." Spike muttered before walking over and lying down on the bed beside Buffy. Quickly, Spike wrapped his arms around her before Buffy burrowed deep into his embrace. She felt at peace for once, knowing that Spike would always be there for her. If she never got her sight back, he would be her eyes. He kissed her shoulders before Buffy slipped into a dreamless sleep as Spike stayed awake, watching the blonde beauty in his arms.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~