Second Part to Gift Trilogy

Title: Alone
Author: Tygerlily
Email: Angelusblood@yahoo.com
Summary: Companion piece to 'One Day'
Spoilers: Up to 'The Gift'
Disclaimer: Not mine. Never will be! ::sniff::
Rating: I dunno PG-13
Author’s Note: Angst-Romance


~****~

I walk the night alone. In some ways I've always been alone.

As I slink through the shadows of the empty grave yard; I can’t help but listen to the sounds around me, sounds no mortal would hear. Listening to every blade of grass rustles with the gentle breeze and the sounds of soft footsteps penetrate my mind.

I know she is there but I also know she doesn’t want to face me…not yet anyway.
Her presence always made the air around her calmer. She sets my demon, my soul at ease.
You wonder, how could I have a soul…she is my soul.

At first my world was filled with nothing but death and darkness, and then it was filled with light.
Of course at first it was not by choice, I fought it ever step of the way but soon I found I needed it.
She showed me what I could be, what I wanted to be.

The night she came to me was the night I began to live again.
For weeks before her appearance I did nothing but exist.
I was a mere shell of the demon I was before. My love for her however did not die with her.

Though my love was unrequited it still eased the pain of her passing.
When she appeared I could have sworn my cold, dead heart began to beat if only for a second.

So here I am, a once a vicious demon and now nothing more than a man remembering a lost love.
I continue to walk the night but I am now no longer alone.

I know that I made a promise to her and I intend to keep it but for now I’ll have to do it from afar.
The Nibblet should be fine for awhile with the Watcher and the witches looking out for her.

She promised me that we would ‘One Day’ dance again. I’m tired of waiting for that day to come to me. So I intend to seek ‘it’.

As I ride out towards the city limits only her promise continuously plays through my mind.
The sign reading ‘You’re now leaving Sunnydale’ passed by in nothing more than a blur.

One day I know I’ll be back but for now I have somewhere else to be.
Where I don’t know but I know that she’ll be waiting for me when I get there.
Though I may walk the night alone I know that she will always be there to guide me.


On the hill looking over Sunnydale a shimmering image of a young women in white and gold appeared.

A ghost of a smile graced her face as she felt his presence growing fainter by the minute. She raised her eyes to the heavens and smiled in thanks. She promised him ‘One Day’ and she would keep her promise.

“I’ll be waiting”


End