Author's Chapter Notes:
Please review...tell me what you think.
Morning came far too quickly for Buffy. However, it made easier due to the fact that her head was pillowed against Spike’s shoulder. ‘Just like old times,’ she thought moving her hand against his chest. Boldly, she moved to push his shirt up. ‘Or not. Ooh, nice six pack.’ she thought as she traced the lines on his abdomen. She continued her perusal, gently tracing his hand, slowly traveling up the veins of his forearm, and finally settling on his bicep. ‘Why didn’t I see this before.’ “Pretty” she whispered.

“Thought you said I was hot.” he asked, his eyes still closed.

“GOD, Spike,” Buffy gasped, accidently digging her nails into his bicep. “Are you trying your best to give me a heart attack?”

“Bloody hell, pet, it wasn’t on purpose. Can you please take your claws out of my arm?” he asked gently prying her fingers off one by one.

“Oh...sorry.” she said instinctively leaning to kiss the fingernail marks.

“Buffy...” he whispered gently tucking her hair behind her ear as he watched her kiss his arm.

With her lips lingering on his arm, Buffy looked through her lashes to catch Spike’s eyes staring at her. Keeping her eyes locked with his, she lifted her head slightly before bringing her lips to his skin once again, a few inches higher. She journeyed upward to kiss his shoulder and his collarbone. Spike broke eye contact to lean his head back, allowing her access to his neck. Buffy could hear his gasp when her lips touched his neck. His breathing sped up as she worked her way up his neck and across his jaw.

“Spike...”she whispered in his ear.

Spike slowly lifted his head to look at her. Moments passed before a small smile formed on his face. Taking over, he brought his lips to hers. The kiss was as gentle as the ones she had placed upon his body. They took their time, taking turns to explore the others lips. Finally pulling back to breathe, Spike rested his forehead against hers.

“Good Morning.” she blushed.

“Very good morning, luv.” Spike purred, making her turn brighter shade of red. “Thanks for waking me.”

“Um...no problem.” she said moving to get off of the chair/bed. Spike pulled her back to him.

“You okay, pet?” Spike looked at her with concerned eyes. When she nodded, he continued. “You okay with what just happened?”

“More than okay.” she whispered.

“Good to know the feeling’s mutual.” he smiled. Buffy just giggled as she looked at him. “So, what now?”

“Now, I go make us breakfast while you go take a shower. Mom already knows I’m coming but I need to give her a call to let her know your coming.” she said, more to herself than to him. “Need to pack a few things, too.”

“Well, might as well get started. A good hot ‘(or cold)’ shower sound perfect, pet. Care to join me?”

“Um...I don’t” Buffy stumbled to find the right words.

“Just teasing, luv...look, why don’t you pack while I take a shower. We can make breakfast together.”

“Sounds like a deal.” she said slowly moving out of his arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as Spike closed the door to the bathroom, Buffy picked up the phone. After a few rings, the phone picked up.

“Hello??”

“Hey mom. Whatcha up to?” Buffy asked cheerfully.

“Oh, not too much. Fixing Jenny some breakfast. Cleaning a little before you get here.”

“Mom, you don’t have to clean for me. But I did have something to tell you. Um...William, aka Spike, has agreed to come with me. Think we could find a room for him?”

“Buffy, where there’s a will there’s a way. So...Spike agreed to come? That’s great. It’ll be good to see him again. I’ve missed him.”

“Me, too. I didn’t know how much I missed him. Wish we’d never lost contact with each other.” Buffy said sadly.

“It’s all in the past now, honey. So, I’m guessing you’ll be arriving a little later then.”

“Nah, as soon as Spike gets out of the shower and we eat breakfast, we’ll be ready to leave.”

“Ahh, I see.” Joyce replied in an understanding tone.

“What? What do you see?” Buffy asked innocently.

“Spike stayed there last night. Honey, are you two together?”

“No!!! I don’t think so...honestly, mom, I don’t know. I think I’d like us to be, but I’m scared.”

“Oh, Buffy don’t let anything from your past hold you back. Believe me, I know all about that.”

“I won’t, I’ve come too far to hold back now. Look, mom, I’ve gotta let you go now. Tell Jenny I’ll be there in no time. See ya in a few hours.”

“Alright, I’ll be waiting. Love you.”

“Love you, too, Mom.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Okay, so maybe pancakes weren’t the best thing to make.” Buffy laughed as they pulled into a diner on the way to Sunnydale. “I do have to say I was a little distracted.”

“Don’t know what your talking about.” he said looking away as they took a seat in a booth.

A waitress in her seventies approached them soon after. “Hey, hons. What’ll you be having today?”

“French Toast and a large Orange Juice.” Buffy ordered.

“Spanish Omelette, hashbrowns, and Coffee. Thanks, pet.” Spike said making the lady giggle.

“So...where were we? Oh, yeah, you distracting me this morning. I’m surprised I didn’t catch something on fire.” Buffy glared.

“Oh, come on, I was just having fun. A little tickling never hurt anyone, luv.”

“Spike...what’s going on between us?” Buffy whispered.

“Whatcha mean?”

“You know...the kiss last night, the, um, wake-up call this morning? Not to mention the flirting.” she blushed.

“Well, luv. I could say that it’s just two friends having fun, but I think we both know that would be a lie.” He looked at her for some kind of response. Buffy just gave a slight nod. “So, we can either ignore it or...”

“Or?” she looked up hopefully.

“Or we take a chance and see where this goes.”

“I think I like the second option.” she said leaning forward.

“Okay!! I’ve got a French Toast and Spanish Omelette.” the old waitress said loudly.

“Great, pet.” Spike said to the waitress, but continued to stare at Buffy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

O can't you see
You belong to me
How my poor heart aches
With every breath you take


“Honestly, can’t we find some kinda middle ground, here. My ears are about to explode.” Spike whined as they drove down the freeway.

“It’s Sting...it’s a classic.” Buffy said, still humming along with the song

“He sounds like a crazed stalker repeating the same thing over and over again.”

“Oh please...you know we’re almost there. I think you can handle 5 more minutes of my music.” she said turning down the volume. “Plus I don’t even really know what’s on this CD. Wills makes them for me every once in a while. They usually have some kinda theme. I always keep them...you should hear the one she gave me when I did my first major role. Very upbeat...you’d probably vomit.” she smiled.

“So what’s the point of this one, pet.”

“Not real sure, she gave it to me when after I told her I was going to Sunnydale...ooh, I like this song.”

It was a monday, when my lover told me, "never pay the reaper with love only."
What could i say to you, except, "i love you."
And "i'd give my life for yours."

I know we are... we are the lucky ones.
I know we are... we are the lucky ones.
I know we are... we are the lucky ones, dear.

Remember the time we made love in the roses?
(and you took my picture in all sorts of poses!)
How could i ever get over you, when i'd give my life for yours.

I know we are... we are the lucky ones.
I know we are... we are the lucky ones.
I know we are... we are the lucky ones.
I know we are... we are the lucky ones, dear.

My dear, It's time to say i thank god for you.
I thank god for you in each and every single way.
And, i know... i know.. i know.. i know...

It's time to let you know. time to let you know.
Time to let you know. time to sit here and say...

I know we are... we are the lucky ones.
I know we are... we are the lucky ones.
I know we are... we are the lucky ones.
I know we are... we are the lucky ones, dear.
We are the lucky ones, dear...


Buffy looked down at their hands that had been drawn to each other sometime during the song. Smiling slightly, she squeezed his hand before looking up at him.

“We’re here.”



Songs: Every Breath You Take by The Police
Lucky by Bif Naked