A/N: Anyone reading my other story, There's Always a Prophesy, I'm having writers block. As soon as I get a chapter written I'll post it. Thanks for all of your support.

Spike drove Buffy to his favorite Italian restaurant. From the outside it looked like a small hole in the wall. The inside of the restaurant was a different. Heavy curtains were hung on the windows allowing very little sunlight into the restaurant. Antique wooden tables were spaced out through the place, making sure that each had as much privacy as possible. Paintings of Italian landscapes, villas, vineyards, and eateries hung on the dark maroon walls. The place was dimly lit for a more intimate setting. The hostess sat them next to a wall at Spike’s request.

“This place is great. I would have never thought this was a restaurant from the outside. How did you find it?” she asked knowing that this would definitely become one of her favorite restaurants.

“I know the owner, Clem. He’s a real good chef.” he said.

“I’m glad I decided to come. I would’ve never known about this place if I hadn’t.” she said with smile that brightened the room.

“I love it here. Problems just seem to disappear when you walk in.” he said looking around. Just then the waiter walked up to their table.

“Welcome back, Spike.” he said to Spike before turning to Buffy. “Welcome to Buena Italiano. I’m Andrew. Can I get you two something to drink?” he said formally.

“Yeah. Could we get a bottle of your best Chardonnay? Oh, and tell Clem that I’m here.” he said kindly.

“Yes, sir. I’ll be right back.” he said with a slight grin in Spike’s direction.

“Why was he speaking so formally if he knows you?” Buffy whispered.

“Oh, he does that because he knows how much I hate it. Plus, he doesn’t know you, so he was trying to impress you.” he said.

“Oh.”

“I didn’t ask you before, you don’t mind that I ordered wine do you?” he asked.

“No, I think that it would help us loosen up.” she said nervously.

“I didn’t know if you drink or not. It’s been so long. We weren’t even legally allowed to drink when we last saw each other.” he said sadly.

“I know. What have you been doing since we last saw each other? How did you get your big break?” she asked enthusiastically.

“Well, you know that I went to study acting in England. I spent a few months there but decided that it wasn’t the best place for me. I made a decision to go to New York. Living there was probably one of the hardest thing I have ever done. Luckily, I had made contacts in London, that had gotten me an appointment with an agent. I met with the agent there and she gave me a script to read from. She saw my potential. She took me on and gave me a make over. I had surgery to get rid of my glasses, cut and dyed my hair, got a new wardrobe and she even had me start working out to change my body. She was proud of her project.” he laughed a little. “Anyway, she got me a few auditions. At first I played small supporting parts. Then I finally got a lead role.”

“Let me guess. I was a Shakespeare play.” she said.

“Yeah, Macbeth. How did you guess?” he asked.

“You were my best friend. I remember your obsession with Shakespeare. Are you still obsessed?” she asked with a smile.

“Yeah. I read him whenever I’m not doing a show. That’s why I didn’t know that you were acting. I don’t watch much TV and I don’t see movies lately either.” he looked at Buffy shyly. “Where is Andrew?” he asked.

“I’m here. I was looking for a good bottle of wine. Clem will be out in a minute?” he said pouring them some wine and walking away.

“What do you usually like to eat, pet?” Spike asked.

“Um, something with chicken. I love chicken.” she said.

“Hello, Spike.” a man said. Buffy turned to see an old man walking toward their table. The man was bald and had wrinkles covering his friendly looking face. When he reached their table, he gave Spike a big pat on the back. “And who is this beautiful lady?” he asked.

“Buffy. I’m a friend of Spike’s and we’re going to be working together pretty soon.” she said knowing that she could confide in the man.

“Well, that’s great. Any friend of Spike’s is a friend of mine. So what can I get for the two of you?” he asked.

“My usual. And Buffy said that she wants something with chicken.” Spike answered.

“Hmm.. How ‘bout some Chicken Piccatta? That’s really good.” Clem suggested.

“Yeah. That’s sounds good.” she said with a smile. Then she looked shyly at the table before looking at Spike.

“What do you have for dessert? Preferably chocolate.” Spike said to Clem, but keeping eye contact with Buffy.

“Tiramisu. It’s a classic.” Clem said.

“That’s great. We’ll take that.” Spike said.

“Great. I’ll get to cookin’ then.”Clem said then turned and walked back into the kitchen.

“How did you know that I was going to ask about dessert?” Buffy asked surprised.

“You remember that I love Shakespeare, I remember that you love chocolate.” he said with grin. “So, how did you get your big break?” Spike asked.

“Well, after you left for England, I stayed in LA for a little while. Then I moved back to Sunnydale after Riley left me. You do remember Riley right?” she asked.

“How could I forget?” Spike murmured.

************************
1997...

“Elizabeth, I’m back.” William said as he walked through the door. After their graduation, William and Elizabeth had decided to move to LA. Both were trying to get into ‘the business’, so they had both moved in together thinking it would be the best idea.

“William, I’m glad your back. I want you to meet Riley. He’s in my acting class. I asked him over to have dinner with us.” Elizabeth said. She was sitting next to a sandy blond boy. William instantly disliked the boy.

“Hi, I’m William.” he said shaking the boys hand. Both men stood there grasping each other’s hand as hard as possible. Buffy saw this and tried to break up the duel.

“Okay, what would you guys like for dinner?” she said grabbing both of the mens hands and yanking them apart.

“Whatever you would like, as always.” William said moving to sit in a chair.

“How about pizza?” Riley asked.

“I don’t care for pizza that much.” Buffy said. “How about Chinese?” she suggested. She received a nod from both of the men. “Great.” she said and went ahead and ordered the food. The rest of the night went as smoothly as possible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Over the next few months, Elizabeth and Riley had started to get more serious. William and Elizabeth didn’t hang out quite as much, because William couldn’t stand Riley. One night Elizabeth and William were having dinner alone.

“I think I want Riley to move in here.” she said suddenly.

“What?!” William exclaimed.

“I really like him and I want him to move in.” she said shyly.

“Elizabeth, are you sure? I mean you haven’t known him that long.” William asked.

“I like him. I think that we might have a future together.” she said quietly.

“Elizabeth, I can’t agree to that. If he moves in, I’m going to move out.” he said solemnly.

“What? No! I don’t want that. Don’t make me choose.” she cried. William looked at her for a few moments before he spoke.

“I won’t. Elizabeth, I’ve thought about going to London to study acting there. I think it would probably be best. We would both get what we wanted right now.” he finished not able to look at her.

“No, William. You’re my best friend. Please don’t leave me alone.” she begged.

“I’m not going to leave you alone. I’ll come back. I’ll keep writing you while I’m away. Plus, you’ll have more time with Riley.” he said taking her hand.
“If you think it’s best, then I guess that’s what we’ll do. I’ll miss you so much.” she said before she started to cry. William walked around the table and picked Elizabeth up out of her chair. She continued to sob as he carried her into her bedroom. He gently laid her on the bed and tucked her in. He began to leave when he heard her soft voice.

“Stay. Hold me tonight.” she managed to say through her tears. William couldn’t refuse her quiet request. He slowly moved back towards the bed and climbed in behind her. She rolled over and rested her head on his chest. “When will you leave?” she asked after her tears had slowed.

“A few of days. I have some things to get sorted out. I think it’s best that I leave pretty soon, so we don’t make things worse.” he explained. She nodded against his chest.

“I’ll miss you.” she whispered.

He kissed her on the top of her head. “I’ll miss you too, luv.”

A/N: Please review me. I want to know if you like it or not.