A/N: Please Review. This story will probably be ending soon. Tell me if you want me to make it longer.

1997....

Elizabeth sat in the OB/GYN’s office staring at the framed degrees. She had gone to Dr. Evans for her exam a week before and had received a call from the receptionist saying that they needed to see her for the results of her tests.

“Hello, Elizabeth. Glad you could come.” Dr. Evans said with a welcoming smile gracing her mature features. She moved to sit behind the desk and opened a file. “Well, your test result all look good. However, there is one test in particular that I need to tell you about.”

“But you just said everything looked good.” Elizabeth said with concern.

“Oh, don’t be worried. Everything does look good. Elizabeth, you’re pregnant.” Dr. Evans said.

“What? That can’t be right. My doctor in Sunnydale told me that I wouldn’t be able to have children.” Elizabeth said.

“Yes, your previous tests have shown that you have Polycyctic Ovary Syndrome. That makes it difficult, but not impossible to have children. You’re pregnant, Ms. Summers. You, of course, have options.” Dr. Evans said gently.

“Thanks, Dr. I appreciate everything. I’ll make an appointment for in a few weeks. That should give me enough time to figure out what I’m going to do.” Elizabeth said standing to move out the door.

“Elizabeth, I know that you don’t need anything extra to think about, but you do have PCOS. This may be the only chance you have to have children. Don’t forget that.” Dr. Evans said walking Elizabeth to the door and giving her a hug. “Call if you have any questions. Goodbye, Elizabeth.”

“Thank you again, Dr. Evans.” Elizabeth said as she left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

‘I’m pregnant. I have a little girl or boy growing inside me. Am I too young? I’m nineteen years old. I want to be an actress. This isn’t a good move for my career. But I want children. What if this is my only chance.’ Elizabeth thought as she sat at home on the couch. ‘I wish William was here. He could help me, even listen to me ramble. I still have to tell Riley. What will he say? Would he be a good father?’

As if on cue, Riley walked into the apartment. “Hey, babe.” he said walking over to her and giving her a kiss on her head.

“Riley, I’ve asked you before to not call me ‘babe’. I hate that.” she said in exasperation. She hated when he used pet names, but when William had used them it never bothered her.

“Okay, whatever.” he said with a shrug. “So, what did you do today?”

“I had a doctors appointment remember.” she said rolling her eyes. Riley just shrugged. ‘How the hell am I supposed to tell him about the baby if he’s acting like a baby.’ Elizabeth thought.
“Riley, I need to tell you something.” she said.

“Okay, shoot.” he said flopping down on the couch.

“Riley, I went to see about my tests, today. Um, I pregnant.” she said.

Riley laughed. “Elizabeth you can’t be pregnant. That’s a really bad joke.”

“Riley, you egghead. I’m not joking. I AM pregnant.” she said in frustration.

Riley stopped laughing and looked at her. “You lied to me. You told me you couldn’t have kids. You framed me, you bitch.” he yelled.

Elizabeth looked at Riley in shock. ‘He’s the biggest asshole I’ve ever met. How didn’t I see this side of him before.’ she thought. Elizabeth lost her temper. “Look, you bastard. I didn’t think I could get pregnant but apparently I was wrong. It’s yours and mine. And for you to think that I framed you is bullshit.”

Riley and Elizabeth sat there in silence for a few minutes. “You have to get rid of it.” Riley said.

“What?!” Elizabeth asked in shock.

“We don’t need a kid right now, Elizabeth. You have to get rid of it.” Riley explained.

She stared at him. “No.” she said silently.

“What?”

“I can’t do it. I can’t get rid of it.” Elizabeth said finally knowing what she was going to do.

Riley didn’t even try to put up a fight. He simply nodded. “Okay. Look, I was going to tell you that I got a job in Miami. I’m going to take it.”

“What!!? I’m going to have your child and you are going across the country.” she said with tears in her eyes.

“I need this job to get my career going. Plus, I think you know that this relationship wasn’t going anywhere. We fight all the time.” Riley said still sitting on the couch.

“You were going to break up with me anyway. William was right about you. You’re the reason he left now your leaving me. Well go ahead and leave if you’re going to. Get the fuck out of my apartment.” Elizabeth yelled trying to hold back her tears.

Again Riley didn’t argue. He got up from the couch and walked to the door. “I’ll be back tomorrow to get my things. I’m sorry it had to end like this.” he said and walked out the door.

As soon as the door closed, Elizabeth broke down into tears.

************************

“Oh god, Buffy. Why didn’t you call me?” Spike said pulling her around the table and giving her a hug.

“You were half way across the world. I didn’t want to bother you. Plus, everything happened so fast I didn’t really think about telling you I was moving back to Sunnydale. That’s the reason I went back. I was getting little roles in movies when I became pregnant. That all ended when I moved to Sunnydale.” she rambled about her past.

“Pet I think you made a great decision. Does he or she live with you?” he asked gently hoping to get her mind off the past and on her child.

Buffy moved back to her side of the table but continued to hold Spike’s hand. “No, she lives with my mom. I don’t want her to have to have cameras trying to film her all the time. She’s only five. Maybe when she gets older.” Buffy said.

“So that’s why you go back to Sunnydale all the time?” he asked and she nodded. “Do you have a picture of her I can see?” Spike asked and squeezed her hand in reassurance.

Buffy nodded and started digging through her purse. She pulled out a picture of her and her little girl from the side pocket of her purse. She looked at it for a moment before handing it to Spike. Spike smiled at the candid shot. Someone had taken the picture at the perfect moment. Buffy and the little girl were at the beach. Both laughing in front of a sand castle.

“My mom loves to take pictures. This one’s my favorite so I carry it with me all the time.” Buffy said with smile.

“What’s her name?” Spike whispered captivated by both girls in the picture.

“Gwendolyn Jenny Summers, but we call her Jenny or Gwen. She’ll answer to both.” Buffy said.

“You gave her my mother’s name?” he asked in awe.

“I told you your mother helped me out a lot. I thought it would the best way to repay her.”

He stared at the picture. “Beautiful.” he whispered.

“She is isn’t she. I hate Riley for what he did, but I’m glad he passed on his blond genes.” she said.

“I wasn’t talking just about her.” he said looking into Buffy’s eyes. Buffy blushed and looked down at the table. “Does she know what her mommy does?” he asked reluctantly handing the picture back over.

“She knows I act, even though I won’t let her see any of my movies. Too violent for her, ya know.”

Buffy and Spike ate the rest of their meal in silence. Finally Andrew came out with their final course.

“Wow, this looks great. What did he call it again?” Buffy asked.

“Tiramisu. It’s lady finger cookies, soaked in espresso and Marsala Wine, then layered with Mascarpone cheese and chocolate ganache. It’s the best in town.” Spike said holding up a spoonful of the sweet dish for her to taste. Buffy leaned forward and took the bite that Spike offered her. The little moan that escaped her mouth made Spike want to grab her and kiss her.

“Wow, that’s great. I think this is my new favorite dessert.” Buffy said with smile.

“What else do you have to do today?” Spike blurted out.

“Actually, I don’t think I’m doing anything for the rest of the day. I thought about staying at home and relaxing. Why?” she asked.

“I thought that maybe we could hang out for the rest of the day, pet. Make up for lost time and all that rot.” he said with a smile.

“That would be great. Oh, I’ve got an idea. How ‘bout we go see Willow and Tara?” she said excitedly.

“Sounds good, luv. We can all have dinner tonight.” he said enjoying himself for the first time in a long time. “I say we head out of here and to your apartment. We can hang out there until we meet Willow and her girl. What do you say?” he said hoping she would agree. He wanted to spend as much time as possible with the girl he had left years ago.

“Couldn’t have planned it better myself.” Buffy said with smile. They finished the rest of their dessert and Spike paid.

Spike stood up. “I’m gonna go to the back and say bye to Clem. Wait for me. I’ll only be a minute, luv.” he said heading off into the kitchen.

Spike saw Clem sitting at the chef’s table eating his lunch. Spike sat down next to Clem and looked at him.

“I like her. She’s really beautiful.” Clem said before Spike could say anything.

“She’s a great girl. She’s changed so much.” Spike said.

“Changed? You knew her before?” Clem asked.

“Yeah, since we were fifteen. I can’t believe I actually thought I was over her.” Spike whispered.

“Huh?”Clem asked confused.

“She’s the only girl I’ve ever truly loved.” Spike said.

“Well then, you said your goodbyes to me. Now you best get back out there to your love.” Clem said.

Spike gave him a slight nod and a handshake. “Thanks man, for everything.” he said before heading out the doors and back into the dining room.

Buffy sat there with her purse in hand, looking around the dining room. Spike took a deep breath and walked toward her with a smile.

“You ready to go.” she asked with a small smile.

“Yeah.” he said as they headed for the door. Only one thought was going through his head.

‘I’ll never leave you again.’


A/N: Please Review. Pretty Please