Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter was very difficult for some reason. Please tell me what you think. Thanks.
As soon as Spike came out of the bathroom, Buffy grabbed her cookie and they made their way out of her apartment. They both decided to take her car and she’d drive. It didn’t take long to get to Willow and Tara’s house from the apartment. As soon as they pulled into the driveway, they both noticed the cars outside the house.

“Um, pet, are we goin’ to be interrupting something? And what the hell is Willow doing to live in a house like this?” Spike asked looking at the house.

“I’ll call her.” she said digging her phone out of her purse. When she finally found it, she continued... “Willow is a psychiatrist and Tara is, of course, an agent. Plus...” but she was interrupted by Willow answering the phone. “Willow, we’re outside. Are you guys having a party or something?”

“Yeah...we turned the dinner into a casual little party. We’ve invited some of the others from the cast to come. Sorry I didn’t have time to call you before. Just come on in. We had some food catered last minute. It’ll be great and you can meet the people you’ll be working with in a really casual place. Just park and come on in. Oh, and tell William...should I call him Spike? Anyway tell him that his agent’s here.”

“Okay, Wills, will do. We’ll be in there in a minute.” Buffy said before hanging up the phone and putting it back in her purse. “Apparently our casual dinner has now turned into a casual party. We’ll be meeting some of our co-workers.” Buffy said while pulling into an empty place and turning off the car. They both got out of the car and started toward the house. “She also told me to tell you that your agent is there.”

“Oh, great. You get to meet my ‘psycho’ agent.”

“What d’you mean?”

They stopped outside the front door to talk. “My agent, Dru, has a reputation in the business of being a little wacky. She’s into the occult and is a psychic, I guess you’d say. Sometimes she talks to the stars and says they talk back. She called the studio and told them that I was going to do the movie before I even agreed to it. She’s really great, but hard to talk to sometimes. You get used to it.”

“You’ll have to introduce me to her. Plus, I’m sure she getting along really great with Willow and Tara. They both teach classes in Witchcraft. That’s how they met, I think.” she said.

“Red just keeps getting more and more exciting.” he said as she was about to knock on the door. Before her hand made contact with the door, it flew open.

“Hey Buffy, Spike.” Willow said giving both a hug.

“Red it’s been to long. But you’re still as pretty as ever.” he said in a southern accent, stepping back and giving her a big smile.

“And you’re still a big charmer. Dru told us you were at the door. Come on in and meet everyone. You’re the last one’s here.” Willow said stepping aside to allow them both in.

“Well, I always did like to make an entrance. What made you want to turn this into a dinner party?” Buffy asked as she walked into the house followed by Spike.

“Don’t really know. Tara and I started talking about you coming over and then we talked about how you and Spike had decided to meet casually and thought it would be a good idea to get somemore of the cast together.” Willow rambled.

“Spike, my boy, I’m glad you finally came in. And you brought your light with you.”Dru said holding her hand out to Buffy. Buffy shook her hand tentatively.

“Buffy, my name’s Buffy Summers.” she said shyly.

“I know my child.” Dru said looking from Buffy to Spike and then back to Buffy. “I know Spike has told you about me. Everything he’s told you is the truth, but you are a skeptic when it comes to me having the sight anyway, aren’t you?”

Buffy simply nodded.

“Your child is a beauty like you. She has your light and flair. The one who’s name she bears watches over her from above, as well as you. Spike will come to love and care for her like all the others who know Jenny. Allow him in and you’ll not be disappointed.” Dru whispered in her ear. When Buffy pulled back she had tears in her eyes. Dru pulled Buffy into a hug before she continued. “I did not mean for you to cry, but to give you hope. Because Spike cares for you, so do I. If you ever need anything, call me.” she said pulling back and handing Buffy her business card.

“Thank you.” Buffy said in a state of shock.

“Well, I’m going to mingle now. It was nice meeting you.” Dru said before turning and walking away.

“Pet, you okay?” he asked lightly, putting his arm around her. “Did she scare you that much?”

“Um, actually, no. I think in her own way, she helped me a little.” she said turning to him and giving him a smile. He pulled her to him, giving her a kiss on her temple.

Willow looked her two old friends with a knowing look. ‘I wonder if she knows just how much he loves her. They always did make each other happy. And they make such a great looking couple.’ . “Well come on guys, let’s go meet everyone else.” she said to them walking past them to lead them into where the rest of the people were meeting. They walked into the dining room where people were both sitting around the table and standing, eating and talking to each other. “Everyone. I’d like to introduce Buffy Summers and Wi...Spike Giles.” Willow spoke loudly as she walked into the room.

“Hey Tara.” Buffy said pulling Spike behind her. “Tara, this is Spike Giles. Spike this is Tara, my agent and Willow’s girlfriend.” she said as Tara and Spike shook hands.

“You have a very beautiful home. Thanks for having me.” he said formally.

“Oh, you don’t have to be so formal with me. Buffy and Willow told me about you.” Tara said with a kind smile.

“All good I hope, pet.” he said looking at Buffy.

“I don’t think I could say anything bad about you.” Buffy said with a blush.

Tara smiled. “Follow me, I want to introduce you to the director of the movie.” Spike and Buffy followed Tara over to where two men stood eating and talking quietly, while Dru and Willow went off and in the opposite direction. “Angel, I’d like to introduce you to Buffy and Spike. They’ll be playing Jasmine Ayers and James Blake in the film.” Tara explained as the two men shook hands with Buffy and Spike.

“M’ name’s Liam. Gonna have the pleasure of directin’ this movie. People call me Angel most of the time, unless I’m being evil at the time, then people call me Angelus. Call me whichever you prefer. I hope to get to know you better throughout the next couple o’ months.” the man said with a slight Irish lilt. Spike and Buffy smiled and looked at the other man expectantly waiting for him to talk.

The man looked at Buffy and Spike in return, slightly confused, before realizing he had yet to introduce himself. “Name’s Lindsey MacDonald. I’ll be playing Jasmine’s boyfriend, Kevin. I must say I’m looking forward to our scenes.” he said looking Buffy up and down before switching his attention to Spike. “Is this your first movie?” Spike gave him a slight nod. “Dude, do I feel sorry for you. I’ve seen so many actors do shitty jobs because they let their nerves get to them. I hope your not one of those kind of actors. I hate having to have to play opposite them.”

“Yeah, well, this may be my first movie, but I’ve been acting for a while on stage, mate. A lot more pressure performing in a sold out Broadway play. Only have one chance to not screw up.” Spike said trying to keep his cool in front of the cocky man.

“Oh, well, that’s quite an accomplishment. But, still I must say there’s nothing like seeing yourself on the big screen.” Lindsey replied.

Spike nodded in understanding. “I can’t say that I agree with you there because I’ve never had the chance to experience it. Have you ever performed on the stage?”

“Not like you have but I did do a play in a community theater when I first started out.” he responded.

“Well then, you must know where I’m coming from. Nothing compares to the thrill you get when you get on that stage and don’t know whether you’re going to screw something up in front of thousands of people and never be able to go back to that time and fix it. Or to hear the applause after the show is finished and you come out for your final bow. But I still think I’ll enjoy doing this film and intend to make the most of the experience, even I do have to work with an arrogant asshole like you, mate.” Spike spat out before turning to Angel who had a smirk on his face.

“It was nice to meet you...Peaches?” he asked looking down at Angel’s plate.

Angel just shrugged. “It’s the only thing that I liked.” he said picking up one of his peach slices.

“Ladies, I’m gonna go see what Dru and Red are talking about.” he said quietly to Buffy and Tara.

“I’ll come with you. It was a pleasure to meet both of you. I look forward to working with you, too.” Buffy said politely. Spike simply nodded at the two men before walking away with Buffy.

Buffy stopped Spike halfway across the room and looked at him for a second, before pulling him through the door and into the hallway. She was hesitant to speak, not sure of what to think of his angry, but very passionate rant. “Spike, are you okay?”

“Sorry you had to see that, pet.” he said rubbing his neck as he continued to stare down at the floor.

“There’s no need to be sorry. He was being an jerk and you said exactly what you felt. I admire you for that.” she said, lifting his chin so that he was looking at her.

“Yeah, well, he’s lucky I’ve learned how to keep my temper in check. Look, why don’t we just get back in there and enjoy ourselves, pet.” he said as he placed a hand on her lower back and walking her into the room. They slowly walked into the room and over to where Dru and Willow stood.

“...because the stars told me to.” Dru finished her story, while the group around her looked a little confused. Dru turned around to Buffy and Spike. “I was just talking about the movie.” she said with a smile, before looking hard a Spike for a moment. “My Spike, did you keep your temper? You must not take offense to everything. He’s a git and you must keep that in mind.” she said low enough for only Spike and Buffy to hear, sounding more like a mother than an agent. Quickly she clapped her hands, getting everyone’s attention. “If everyone would grab a drink, I’d like to propose a toast. To January Flowers. May it be successful and bring all of you what you deserve.” she said holding up her glass.

“To January Flowers.” everyone in the room said in unison, before taking a swig of their drink.

“I’d also like to propose a toast.” Lindsey said loudly.

“Lindsey, don’t do anything stupid.” Angel said putting a hand on his arm to halt Lindsey’s toast.

“Nah, man. I want to do this. I’d like to say thanks to Willow and Tara for throwing this little party for all of us. I’d also like to wish Spike luck. He’ll be working with good actors and the great Angel here, I just hope you don’t fold under the pressure. Although it'd work out for me, bet I could get them to give me the lead. Buffy, if you’d ever like to go out sometime...”

“Lindsey, don’t finish that sentence. I’d never date you. And your toast, not going so great. Sounds like you don’t really know the meaning of a toast.” Buffy said.

“You little bitch, you think your so...” Lidnsey started.

“Spike, NO!!!!!”
__________________________________________________________________

Please Review!!