A/N: Thank you for the reviews. Please continue to review.

Summer 1993....

Elizabeth watched from her bedroom window as the moving men hauled furniture into the house next door. She had never really liked her next door neighbor and hoped that the next ones would be better.

“Elizabeth, could you come down here?” Elizabeth’s mother, Joyce yelled. She ran from her room and down the stairs quickly.

“Yeah, mom. Whatcha need?” she asked walking into the living room.

“Honey, I wanted you to meet our new next door neighbors.” Joyce said standing to introduce Elizabeth to the new comers. “Elizabeth this is Jenny and Rupert Giles.” Buffy shook their hands and was about to speak when her mother cleared her. “And this is their son, William.” Elizabeth turned to look at the person she hadn’t noticed when she walked into the room. Elizabeth walked over to William and shook his hand. “Elizabeth I thought that you could introduce him to some of your friends and show him around town.”

“That would be cool. You will like my crowd. They’re really laid back.” she said to William trying to get him to loosen up.

“That would be great. We just moved here so I don’t know anyone.” he finally said. He looked at her for a few more moments before he spoke again. “Are you going to be a sophomore at Sunnydale High?” he asked.

“Yeah, are you?” she asked excitedly. He nodded. “Cool. Hey do you want something to drink?” He hesitated before nodding. “Okay, come with me and we can let the old ones talk alone.” she said with a big smile.

“Elizabeth!” Joyce admonished.

“I’m kidding, mom. We’ll be in the kitchen when you guys are done.” Elizabeth said leading William into the kitchen.

“She is very welcoming. I hope they can become friends.” Rupert said watching the two teens leave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elizabeth led William into the kitchen. She walked to the refrigerator, opened it and started to look at what they had to drink. “What would you like to drink? I have water, soda, juice, Kool-aid.” she looked over her shoulder at him and saw that he was standing in the doorway where she had left him. “Why are you still standing there? You can sit on one of the stools.” she said nodding towards the chairs. He finally moved toward the center of the room and sat down. “So, what’ll you have?” she asked again.

“Um, soda.” he said. She nodded and took out a can for the both of them.

“Here ya go.” she said sitting down next to him. “So, where did you move here from?”

“We came here from London. My father got a job at the University here so we moved. I really didn’t want to.” he said.

“Well, I’ll help you make friends here and then you’ll wish that you didn’t come here sooner. Did you have a lot of friends in London?” she asked.

“No, but I had a few and now I don’t have any.” he said looking sad.

Elizabeth put a hand on a his shoulder and gave it a small squeeze. “That’s not true. You have already made one.” she said softly. He gave her a curious look. She gave him a big smile. “Me! And like I said before, my friends will definitely be your friends.”

“Thank you.” he said as he picked up his drink.

************************

“Buffy, I’m so happy for you. You finally get to show everyone just how talented you really are.” Willow said giving Buffy a big hug.

“Thanks, Will. I can’t wait to see who I’m co-starring with.” she said walking through the house that Tara and Willow owned.

“Oh, I think Tara found something out about that earlier. She’ll be able to tell you tonight.” she leading them into the living room.

“Where is Tara?” Buffy asked sitting on the couch.

“She went out to get the Chinese I ordered. So, how’s you’re family? I haven’t seen you’re mom in forever.” Willow said.


“She’s great. Her gallery is doing really good.” Buffy said.

“Great, I really miss your mom. I kinda miss Sunnydale all together.” Willow said. “So..how’s..”

“Willow , I’m back with the food.” Tara yelled coming through the back door.

“Come on, Buffy. Let’s go into kitchen.” Willow said standing and walking down the hall. Buffy followed her and found Tara unloading Chinese food from the boxes. “I got a lot thinking we could do a self serve kinda thing.”

“Come on, we can go in the dining room and keep talking.” Tara said.

They piled food up onto plates and went into the dining room. They sat there and talked about family.

“So..did you ever figure out who I’m going to co-star with? I thought that maybe we could get together to have lunch, that way I can see what I’m getting myself into.” Buffy rambled.

“Yeah, his agent called me earlier. He’s a stage actor so this will be his first movie. The guys name is Spike, but I believe his real name is William Giles. He’s supposed to be a really good actor and he’s really good looking. You’ll look great together on screen. I’ll call his agent and get her to schedule a time to get together or I can get her to give me his number, which ever you want.” Tara said looking excited until she saw the looks on Buffy and Willow’s faces.

Buffy finally spoke. “Thanks, Tara, but I’ll get the number myself.”

“Buffy, don’t be silly. I doubt that his number is listed in the phone book.” Tara said.

Buffy looked down at the table. “Trust me, I can get it.”

“Buffy, what’s wrong?” Tara asked concerned.

“I know his family." Buffy said softly.

"Oh" Tara said.

Buffy looked up from the table with tears in her eyes. "He used to be my best friend, too."

A/N: I hope you can tell when we come back to the present. It will always be stars seperating it. Please tell me what you think.