Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you for reading this and reviewing.
Luv, Spuf
Chapter 40: ‘I Know We’ll Be Okay’


Summary: Some old Spuffy enemies and friends might show up in this chapter; it’s a must to finish the story. Please keep with the fic, it’s really almost done soon and I think everyone might be proud of our Buffy when it’s over! Thanks, Luv, Spuf


Buffy always knew just when dawn was about to break. The birds began to sing, just about an hour before sunrise and there was a certain, fragrant dewy scent in the air. Right at this moment, pink and purple colored fingers of light filtered through the bedroom window of Will’s apartment.

William lay sleeping next to Buffy in ‘their’ bed as they had began to call it and again, she was amazed at how young he looked in rest. It was like all of the cares in the world just vanished from him and once again he was seventeen-years-old. Just like he was when Buffy first laid eyes on him at The Bronze.

‘Wonder if he’ll ever realize just what a first impression he made on me,’ she chuckled to herself.

Buffy had been dancing with a couple of non-descript jocks from School and wasn’t really impressed by either one of them. When she’d glanced up and towards the door of the club, she caught sight of a new guy watching her intently.

This bleach blond God took her breath away, just the way he stood and stared at her made her legs feel weak. She had tried to give him some kind of signal to show she noticed him too, but she was so naïve then, so untried and inexperienced. That hadn’t stopped him however, when one of the jocks had groped her while dancing. This new Adonis had come rushing over and literally yanked her from the guy’s grasp and returned her to her group of friends.

“How’s my girl?” came Will’s deep voice, through Buffy’s thoughts, even though his eyes were still shut.

“Your girl is just fine, Will,” she murmered, snuggling back down into his warm arms.

“She better be,”he mumbled, “or I’ll have to paddle her luscious little bottom and remind her never to run off from me again.” Even though he said it with a smirk, chuckling softly with every word, Buffy knew he meant what he said.

“I’ll never run off from you again, Will,” she whispered, running her lips lightly around the shell of his left ear.

“Good, cos’ I’m getting’ old and I can’t run as fast as I used to so….” Buffy giggled loudly and began to wrestle with him, in fun of course, wriggling around on his lap as he lay on his back.

“Better stop the impromtu lap dance, Princess,” he warned, “if you don’t want me to ravish you right now.”

Buffy continued her little wriggling act on top of him, “what makes you think I don’t want to be ravished by you,” she asked coquettishly, batting her golden lashes seductively.

Will must have taken the hint because he flipped Buffy over onto her back and began to kiss her mouth ravenously.

“You sure about this, Princess,” Spike asked rather nervously, “I mean, if you really don’t want to….”

Buffy clasped the sides of his face with her tiny hands, “I’m more then sure, baby,” she purred as she nuzzled his face with hers, “I’m certain. I want you to make love to me now.”

Last night, after Buffy and he had gone to bed, Spike had made sure to just kiss, nuzzle and skim her hurt little body with his mouth, never pushing for anything more then to give her some comfort. He had been concerned, no, make that worried sick that the awful violence that Angel had inflicted on Buffy earlier that day may have scarred her emotionally and physically.

Now, Spike was hopeful, at least pretty hopeful that everything Buffy and he had forged together over the last few weeks was still in tact. Buffy seemed receptive to his affection and was encouraging him to make love to her.

Starting with her sweet mouth, Spike kissed and explored it with his own mouth, illiciting moans of pleasure from both of them. He continued his gentle assault on her lips then moved down to her jaw, neck and of course ended up at her left breast where he suckled it until she squeaked in delight from his ministrations.

Before he could continue down her tummy to her golden curls that covered her sex, Buffy clasped his head and turned his head up to face her, “please, baby,” she panted impatiently, “please just be in me. I need you.”

Spike just melted when Buffy called him ‘baby’ like she lit a fire inside of him, along with the lustful one she’d already ignited.

“Anything you say, baby,” he grinned sliding up her body to position himself between her thighs. Pushing slowly within her, he studied her green eyes intently, “are you sure, Buffy,” he asked again, panting with some restraint.

“Yes,” she gasped, pulling him even closer to her, “I love you Will. Nothing anyone does or tries to do to hurt us will ever split us apart, I promise.”

Spike began to thrust into her gently, kissing her plump little lips tenderly, “I love you Buffy. Always have and always will. You’re right, no one will ever come between us again.”

Buffy felt so alive when she was with William, so very alive and freer then she ever could have imagined. Even while he thrust into her, he whispered the most delicious things in her ear, telling her everything he wanted to do to her.

“We’ve only begun to know each other, you know that baby?” he murmered as he slid into her again, so agonizingly slow that she wanted to weep from want.

“All those future days and nights we have together, just to learn more about and from each other. I can’t wait, Buffy. Everyday I wake up I think of new ways to know you and grow with you. Do you understand what I’m saying, Princess?” Will continued to thrust in and out of Buffy, making her squirm in pleasure and definitely thrust up to meet his hips.

“Yes,” she groaned into his mouth that had just finished nibbling on her jawline and found her lips again. “I think about it too, everyday. All the time we have together to grow together, relearn each other’s bodies again.”

His blue eyes gazed at her green ones, so serious and almost afraid, “I can’t stand it sometimes, Buffy,” he whispered in a low embarrassed voice, “I get scared when I think how much I miss you when you’re gone from me. It makes me feel weak, you are my only weakness you know. I think about us constantly, about this.”

Again he slid almost all the way out of her then back into her once more, “I know how close we are, what’s between us is real and right, Buffy. But, I get scared because I want you all the time, in every way and I….”

“You have me in every way, Will,” she confessed truthfully. “Every way a man could have a woman who loves him.” Buffy blushed, embarrassed for some reason by this confession even though William must have already known just how deep her feelings for him ran.

"Cum for me,” he ordered in his soft, gruff voice, the one that Buffy could never resist, made more so by the fact that Will hungrily kissed her mouth while she came. He followed her immediately and collapsed on top of her body with his own sweat slicked form.

“Love you,” he panted, never breaking from their intimate connection.

“Love you too,” she responded as she stroked his blonde curls and the back of his neck.

Later, as the sun burst through the window of the apartment, Buffy and Spike lay together in a deep embrace. He lay propped up on his right arm while he ran his left hand down her arm softly, listening to her delightful purrs of contentment. Suddenly the shrill ring of Buffy’s cell phone broke their comfortable reveries.

“Who the heck is that?” Buffy asked outloud as she reached for the cell on the end table by her side of the bed. Spike tensed up immediately, he knew damn good and well who it was and almost begged her not to answer it. Buffy clicked the talk button and said hello.

“Buffy,” came Angel’s gruff voice from the other end of the phone line. “You’re not at home, where the hell are you?”

Buffy cringed but soon screwed up her courage and steadied her own voice. “Angel, no I’m not at home and you’re supposed to be at the Club. Why are you calling me anyway? And, my whereabouts are none of your damn business!”

She was proud of herself, her voice was a good mix of cool and righteous indignation and Buffy was rewarded with a long silence on Angel’s end.

Angel finally broke the calm and said in an even, if harsh tone, “you are my business, Buffy. You’re my wife and….”

But she interrupted his sentence with, “that’s something I intend on rectifying as soon as possible Angel.”

When she first had repeated Angel’s name, Will had flinched and silently slipped out of the bed. Buffy watched as Will dug into the nightstand by his side of the bed and brought out a pack of cigarettes and a lighter. When he lit a cigarette, he tossed the lighter on the bed and began to pace nervously about, watching her intently. She tried to give him a signal that it was all right, she could handle this, but he angrily stubbed out the cigarette and flopped down next to her on the bed, staring down at her with narrowed eyes.

If Angel Travers was right in front of Spike at this very moment, he’d be dead, no question. Spike would have torn Peaches fucking head off and much like Xander Harris’s, drop kicked it into the Pacific Ocean.

‘There’d be a sight,’ Spike thought smugly, ‘Harris and Travers, two great minds together at last.’ The thought comforted him somehow, but then Spike remembered, it was only a dream.

Reality was this; Buffy was still being bothered by her own husband, the fuck that had virtually raped her in more ways then one. One thing Angel had always been good at was mind games, even when he was in High School; Buffy was enough evidence of that. And now? Angel had perfected ‘mind fucking’ to an art and Buffy had been his muse where that was concerned.

However, Spike noted right at this moment, Buffy seemed to be holding her own with Angel. Buffy repeated what she’d told Angel a moment before, “I intend on rectifying that little problem (their marriage) as soon as possible.”

“Look, babe,” Angel stammered, “just because you and I have had a little misunderstanding, doesn’t mean our marriage is over. It just means we have to communicate, work harder.”

Buffy had to stifle her sardonic laugh, “little misunderstanding?” she asked in disbelief, “you call you fucking my friend and her little sister a misunderstanding? Oh for God’s sake Angel, listen to yourself!”

Angel didn’t miss a beat when he whined, “if we could meet at home, talk. We could fix this Buff, I know it.”

She took a deep breath and said evenly, although she wanted to reach through the line and knock Angel’s stupid block off, “fix it? Angel, this is not fixable, but I do agree, we need to talk. Just not at our house. Last time I tried to talk there with you, I got raped, remember?”

Her husband sighed heavily, “like I told you, babe, a husband and a wife? Not rape, not really, and….”

Buffy growled angrily, “you are an incredible moron, Angel. When a woman or man says no, that means no, whether the perpertrator is a husband, wife, lover or stranger. You raped me, period.”

Angel began to breathe heavily on the other end, “and like I told you once, Buff; possession is nine tenths of the law and like it or not, you are a possession, my possession.”

Buffy almost threw her cell phone across the room, but she looked to Spike and took courage from him. Even though he looked like he was about ready to go and track down Angel to rip him to pieces.

“Look,” Buffy began coolly, “you stay at The Club. I’ll stay ‘incognito’ for a few days. When it’s time, I’ll go by our house and pick up a few things, maybe that is. I’ll contact you, Angel, not the other way around. I’m going to decide when it’s time for us to meet and talk about us. By the way, it’s very doubtful there is any us, but I’ll meet and talk with you, anyway. Just stay put, I’ll stay put and we’ll cool off, like you said. Until then, don’t call me, try to find me or bother anyone we know. No one, and I mean this, no one knows where I am. Don’t waste your time.”

Before Angel could respond, Buffy clicked the off button and tossed the cell phone on the nightstand. “God,” she sighed heavily, “what an incredible ponce!”

“Do you know how incredibly proud I am of you, Princess?” Spike asked in awe of her. Buffy smiled at him warmly and pulled him to her in a vice like grip.

“We’re going to be okay,” Spike whispered in her ear as she stroked his face, neck and shoulders. “No matter what ‘they’ throw at us, we’re going to make it, Buffy. I promise from the bottom of my soul.”

She nuzzled him with her warm mouth and ran her hands down to his bare bottom, pulling him even closer to her tiny frame, “oh, I know we’ll be okay, baby,” she purred.

Spike propped himself up on his elbows and studied her face seriously, “however,” he added with a smirk, his voice quite growly and grrr like, “I do intend on ripping Angel’s head off and shoving it up his arse first chance I get. That okay with you, Princess?”

Buffy giggled wickedly, “oh yeah, first chance, baby. Just promise I can watch you do it!”


A/N: Okay, that was another connector chapter to keep the interest up. I had this epic chapter going and everything just crashed and I went ‘ahhhgggg!’ and the family went ‘get over it’ and I went ‘grrrrr!’

I would like to finish up at least one of my WIP’s and the rewrite of this fic before I start my next Spuffy tale. (This one will be on the dark side, too). Anyway, thanks for reading and please review. Luv, Spuf