Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you for reading and reviews.
Luv, Spuf
Chapter 41: ‘Lost and Found!’



Summary: As Buffy and Spike ‘lay low’ together at his place, Angel begins to really panic and try to find her.


Spike had always been impulsive, even before he’d taken the nickname of Spike instead of William. Being so impulsive, it was very hard for him, Spike that is, to hold himself back from storming Angel’s Law office and kicking his sorry arse all over Sunnydale.

The problem was, it would have done no good to anyone to go ballistic at this point in time, especially for Buffy. And Spike would do anything to protect Buffy. Anything at all. Even if it meant biding his time, waiting to go all nuclear on Angel Travers and his butt monkey, Xander Harris.

At the moment, Spike was cuddling a very naked Buffy to his body, enjoying the quiet comfort that it afforded them both. Buffy was asleep, so it gave him a chance to actually visualize ripping Angel to pieces.

After he ripped Angel apart, slowly of course, Spike pictured kicking Xander Harris to a bloody pulp before ripping his fucking heart out and shoving it down what was left of his throat.

‘Nobody messes with my Princess,’ he snarled lowly, trying to fight the anger that bubbled up in him. Angel had raped his girl, his Buffy. And Xander? That fucking little wanker he’d always been, had threatened her. When Spike was done with those two losers, they’d both be sorry they ever heard of him or Buffy for that matter.

The phone rang on the end table next to his side of the bed, breaking his quiet but gory visual reverie.

‘Bloody hell!’ he hissed as he grabbed the phone quickly, he didn’t want the ring to wake his sleeping beauty up.

“Yeah?” he answered abruptly.

“Hey Spike,” came Angel’s voice from the other end, causing the blond to tense up.

“Spike, you there?” Angel asked in a voice that sounded almost frantic.

Spike took a deep, calming breath and finally answered Travers, “yeah, I’m here, what do you want Peaches,” he asked calmly.

Buffy began to stir next to him and he quickly removed his arm from around her shoulders and covered her mouth to stifle any sound from her. She opened her wide eyes and scrunched up her forehead in confusion, but calmed quickly when she heard him ask, “what do you want Angel?”

As Spike removed his hand from her mouth, Buffy snuggled even closer to him and rested her head on his chest. He embraced her tightly with his free arm and frowned into the phone.

“I need a favou,” Angel said evenly, “I need you to find my wife.”

Spike didn’t say anything for a moment or two then finally responded with a question himself, “what, you misplace her, Peaches?”

He really tried not to laugh at Angel, that wouldn’t have helped matters at all. However, all’s Spike could did visualize, again, is his dark haired enemy’s head flying into the Pacific Ocean. Along with Xander’s head as company, of course.

“No, Spike,” Angel sighed roughly, “I did not misplace Buffy. I just need you to find her. I already…..”

Buffy was staring at Spike, wide-eyed with fear, so Spike smiled at her reassuringly and stroked her bare arm.

“Listen Angel,” he began evenly, sure his voice did not betray Buffy to her husband, “I told you before, Buffy is true blue, virtuous as a Nun, yada yada yada. Besides, our business together, yours and mine is finished, remember?”

Silence from the other end of the line, then, “Yeah, I know about the virtuous Buffy crap, Spike.”

‘Peaches is getting a bit upset, isn’t he?’ Spike grinned in delight, winking at Buffy. He grinned even wider when Buffy rewarded him with a soft smile and snuggled closer to him.

“Look, Spike,” Angel stammered, his voice hoarse from what?

‘Crying?’ wondered Spike, ‘surely not Angel ‘almighty’ Travers.

“Buffy left me, Spike,” Angel finally admitted reluctantly. “She left me and except for the fact that I ‘know’ she’s not at Joyce’s, I haven’t a clue where she is. I want her back, Spike. I love her and want her back. Find her for me!”

Spike flinched, if Angel knew Buffy’ wasn’t at her Mum’s, then it wouldn’t be long until he started an all out search for her. Angel was not going to give up on Buffy easily, Spike could understand this. Not like it, yeah. Hate it? Of course, but he, Spike knew there was going to be a battle over Buffy.

However, Spike was going to win the battle and the war, hands down.

“Listen, Angel,” Spike tried to sound less snarky, more sympathetic, “don’t you think maybe this is something for a marriage counseler to handle?”

‘Please say no,’ Spike begged selfishly, silently, ‘please, please, say no and tell me to fuck off. I don’t wan’t to lose her, ever!’

Then he dared another glance at his lover, entangled in his arm, snuggled to his body and smiling tenderly up at him. When he looked into her emerald eyes, so full of love for him, he knew.

‘I’ll never lose her,’ he sighed, ‘doesn’t matter what they throw at us. Remember?’

“Look, if you don’t want to find Buffy, I’ll just find someone else to do it. I’m thinking maybe ‘Doyle’ or someone and…”

Spike practically dropped the cordless phone receiver, “no!” he gasped before he could stop himself. Doyle, as he was named, nothing else, was a monster of the highest calibar. He could find Buffy in a heartbeat and….

“Doyle’s a fucking moron,” Spike stuttered out the lie carefully, “he couldn’t find his own dick on a good day. Using your hands, Peaches.”

Buffy actually giggled beside him and Spike had to keep from kissing her golden head, “I’ll do it, Peaches,” he finally relented.

“Good,” Angel sighed, “I know you dislike my wife, Spike,” he continued, “but I love her. This is just a drama play on her part. We had a misunderstanding and…”

Spike had to keep from snorting out loud, ‘misunderstanding my arse!’ he hissed to himself. ‘You raped my girl you fucking psychotic!’

Steadying his voice and himself, Spike assured Angel he would find Buffy but then asked him, “what the bloody hell do I do when I find her?”

Angel didn’t answer for a moment or two then he finally responded, “bring her home to me, Spike. Convince her to come home.”

The blonde man was confused, “Angel,” he sighed in exasperation, “Buffy would never let ‘me’ convince her to even get her nails done, much less go home to you,” he lied so easily to this fuck, Angel.

“Then ‘make’ her come home!” Angel ordered him harshly.

Buffy watched as Spike slowly hung up his phone and turned to her; his blue eyes looked worried.

“Why did you say you’d find me?” she asked, her soft voice was confused and kind of hurt.

He pulled her tightly to him, “because, Princess,” he kissed her forehead gently, “if I don’t pretend to find you, your idiotic spouse’ll just hire someone else. Someone you don’t want to ever meet up with, believe me.”

She nodded against his neck and held him tighter, “so you pretend to find me? Just let Angel think you’re looking then?”

Spike chuckled softly, “yeah, let him think I’m looking all over Heaven and Hell for you. He doesn’t have to know I’ve already found you, eh?”

Buffy giggled against him, “yeah, guess you have found me, huh?”

William lifted her chin up so their eyes could meet, “seriously Buffy,” he whispered, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear, “it won’t be long before old Angel is dealing with some other very serious legal shit. He won’t be around to bother you, or me anymore. I promise. But until then, you just lay low, here with me, I’ll let him think I’m searching for you. We’ll be fine, promise. You’re such a strong woman Buffy and you know we’re safe together, don’t you?”

She nodded and smiled at him, kissing his lovely lips warmly, “I know. And I also know that you, William Giles, are very smart, maybe even brilliant!”

Will laughed and began to pepper her face with soft, tender kisses, “I know I’m brilliant, sweetheart, but I like to hear that and ‘you’ know it too!”

Spike didn’t even wait until Buffy welcomed him inside of her. He spread her long lovely legs with his knee and kissed her passionately, at the same time pushing his aching cock inside of her heat, delighting in her little gasps of pleasure.

“That’s so nice, Will,” she panted against his lips as he kissed hers.

“Nice?” he chuckled in mock hurt. “Nice? What about hot? What about ‘brilliant’ baby?”

She scrunched up her nose and giggled, even as she gasped every time he thrust into her. “Always, hot,” she rasped between hot little breaths, always, brilliant!”

Spike moaned and said with a smile, “that’s better!” He proceeded to pound her into the mattress below them, their moans of pleasure intermingled.


A/N: Well, I just couldn’t bring myself to make this rather short chapter the second to the last one! I’ve decided to go on a bit more, cutting off the last half of this one and espanding on it to create the next one! (hehehehe) Sorry, kind of. Anyway, I hope I caught the snarky animosity between Spike and his evil nemesis, Angel. I wanted to set up this little ruse, it will play out letter in the plot. And, I promise, I will definitely finish this story in the next few chapters!

Thanks for reading, and putting up with me. Please review if you’d like, luv, Spuf