Author's Chapter Notes:
I am 'trying out' my new Windows spell check with this chapter.
I hope it works properly and that all of my fictions will be more enjoyable to read.
Thanks,
Luv, Spuf
Chapter 45: ‘He’s More of a Man Then You Are!’


“I never told you that it was Spike Giles that I had follow you,” Angel hissed at Buffy.

‘Just like a freaking snake,’ Buffy shook her head, trying to clear away the horrible visions she now had of her husband. ‘Worse then a rattlesnake, you are a huge, ugly monster of a reptile, Angel.’

Angel just stood, staring at Buffy like the insane deviant he had become, or had exposed himself to be all along.

“You and Spike?” he finally asked in shock, his brown eyes wild with some emotion that Buffy could not quite place.

“I didn’t say that I’m with William,” Buffy retorted softly, never meeting Angel’s eyes.

“You didn’t have to, you fucking little whore!” her husband snarled as he closed the few feet between them. He stopped inches from her, his hot, angry face right up into Buffy’s, “oh, this makes perfect sense now, doesn’t it?”

Angel was bright red with anger, or jealousy or some male thing that Buffy wanted to ignore but couldn’t. “I hire that Billy Idol wanna' be to check you out and he moves in on you. He always wanted you, no surprise there, but you? Wanting him? I can’t get into that one!”

Buffy cringed involuntarily and pulled back from Angel, suddenly afraid of her huge, angry bull of a husband.

“No wonder the little fuck told me you were chaste as a Nun!” Angel hissed at Buffy, the hatred radiated off of him. “He’s been fucking you all along, hasn’t he?”

She met his glare, but said nothing one way or the other, immediately ashamed of her own weakness and fear, but trying to be careful not to bring Will’s name back into it.

“Tell me!” Angel shouted loudly as he grabbed Buffy by her shoulders and pulled her closer to him. “You been fucking that little freak babe?”

With a deep breath for courage and jutting her chin out defiantly, Buffy again met Angel’s deranged gaze with hers, “Freak?” she repeated to her husband about her lover.

Buffy had had enough, no one called her Will a freak and got away with it!

“William Giles is more of a man and less of a freak then you or anyone you know could ever be, Angel. Xander Harris, your little butt monkey, Riley Finn, your lover’s fiancé, anyone of your lackeys, your Father or mine? Will is better then any of them. I only wish I had realized what a real man was back when I was younger. I wasted a lot of time and effort on you, Angel, you weren’t worth it, but Will? He was the only worthwhile man in my life.”

‘There,’ Buffy thought with a smug smile, ‘stick that up your ass Angel Travers and sit on it!’

Angel didn’t hesitate, he doubled up his meaty fist and hit Buffy right across her right cheek bone. She heard and felt the crack that his smack had elicited as she fell back out of the chair and onto the plush carpeting of Angel’s office floor.

From the other side of the closed office door, Buffy heard Anya cry, “What the hell’s going on in there? Andrew, come here, please, something’s wrong!”

Buffy vaguely heard Angel curse then grab some kind of a remote from his desk drawer, clicking a button on it. A clattering at the office door informed Buffy that Anya and maybe Andrew were trying to get inside the office area, but failing.

‘The remote,’ Buffy reasoned through her dazed condition, ‘it’s an automatic door lock.’

Angel glared at his wife, flung out on the floor like a rag doll, her eyes hazy from pain, the wheels of her mind spinning wildly.

“I, I have to go,” Buffy whispered, trying to pull herself together.

“I have to go and meet….”

Angel roared like an animal, “you’re not going anywhere you traitorous little slut!”

He stormed over to Buffy’s prone body and grabbed her roughly, “get your lovely little ass up here, Babe,” he hissed as he flung her back into the chair she had been knocked out of, “you and me have a lot to figure out!”

Angel sat down heavily on his desk again and gulped his new glass of whiskey down, “let me guess,” he began with almost a purr, “it’s Spike that’s been giving the cops information on me, isn’t it?”

Buffy just stared at him, wide-eyed and with such hatred that it even scared her. “Or,” Angel paused thoughtfully and met her hot gaze, “is it you, loving wife of mine?”

Spike was getting more and more antsy as the minutes went by, “she should have been out by now,” he said to the empty air in his car.

“Something’s wrong, I know it.” Turning off the ignition and silencing the nerve wracking radio music, Spike threw the DeSoto door open and leapt out of the car, slamming the door as he moved.

“I’m coming, Baby,” he shouted as he sped past the parking lot onlookers who were staring at him as if he’d grown two heads.

“Fuck you,” he screamed at the parking attendants and other patrons that milled about. Buffy was in trouble, Spike had no doubt and no one, not some wanna’ be rent a cop or any scandalized bystander was going to keep him from his girl.

Buffy sat dazed in the chair, watching her husband, warily, pacing around his office.

“What?” he asked angrily, glaring at Buffy, “do you think I’m going to let you run off to Spike? Leave me alone and looking like a fucking fool? Come on, Babe, you know me better then that by now.”

Chuckling, Angel looked over at the office door where Anya and Andrew continued to knock wildly and try to open it.

“Angel,” Anya cried out, “open this God damned door now! What’s going on in there? Buffy, are you okay?”

Buffy called out hoarsely, her voice pained by the blow Angel had inflicted, “no, I’m not okay, Anya. Angel’s gone insane, completely. Please Anya, get me out of here!”

She could hear Anya and Andrew talking excitedly, “I’m calling the police,” Buffy thought Andrew said, but she couldn’t be sure. Angel swore again, under his breath this time, and hurried to the door, opening it with the remote.

After he slipped through it, he locked it again behind him and Buffy heard him begin to yell at his two employees.

“Fucking bitch, you and your loser boyfriend are fired! Get the fuck out of here!”

Anya seemed to say something like ‘I quit’ but Andrew just laughed loudly, “I work for Misters Snyder and Levison, Mr. Travers. Not you, go fuck yourself!”

Buffy giggled through her dazed vision, ‘Andrew turned out to be quite a tough one,’ she thought almost drunkenly, the pain vibrating through her head and face.

Reaching around, blindly for her purse, Buffy pulled out the cell phone and dialed Will’s number quickly, “Buffy!” came his beloved voice.

“Will,” she groaned weakly, the pain of the Angel’s hit overwhelming her again, “stay away, please, honey,” she warned fearfully.

Buffy said it again, “please, baby, stay away. Anya, Andrew, they’ve called the police. Angel, he’s lost his mind, what was left of it anyway. Please, Will, just stay put? The police will come soon, get me out of here….I love you.”

Will roared wildly, “police! Get you out of there? Fuck Angel! I’m on my way, Princess,” he shouted angrily.

Before Buffy could warn her lover again, he had clicked off the cell phone. That’s when she heard Anya’s terrified cry, “oh my God, Angel. Put the gun away!”


A/N: Hmmm. Please read and review, luv, Spuf