Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you, thank you!
Throws kisses and hugs to all readers!
Luv, Spuf
Epilogue: ‘Thank You’


A/N: Thank you all who have read my fiction. Luv, Spuf


Five Years Later:



Buffy waddled down the stairs of her London home, hand in hand with a tiny honey-blond haired girl of about four years of age.

“Mummy,” little Elizabeth Anne Giles looked up at her Mother, a confused expression on her pretty face, “when is the new baby coming? It’s quite late, really, when will it be here?”

Buffy Giles smiled down at her little golden haired ‘Beth’ as her husband, Will, liked to call their daughter.

“Soon, honey,” she assured the toddler. “The baby is due in about a month, and then you’ll have a little brother or sister to contend with. Hope you know what you’re in for, darling,” Buffy winked at Bethie warmly.

Little Elizabeth was such a bright, precocious child and Buffy was a bit concerned that a new baby might confuse her or cause her to be a little insecure. After all, it had been just Will, Buffy and Beth for a few years now. Another child might rock the boat, so to speak.

“I can’t wait for the new baby!” the blue-eyed Beth cried eagerly. “I’ll walk the baby, change the baby, and even feed the little rascal!”

Buffy raised her right brow slightly, a habit she had picked up from her husband, William, over the years.

“We’ll see about that,” Buffy hummed as she led Beth into the dining room, only to find Will sitting at the table. Her still blond husband’s brow was furrowed as he studied some kind of blue prints.

“Hello, Daddy,” Beth chortled, releasing Buffy’s hand and running to her Father’s side, “whatcha’ lookin’ at?”

Will set his blue prints aside and rewarded his ‘little beauty' Bethie with a warm smile. “Just some silly pictures of a new building, Dutchess,” he chuckled as he picked his pride and joy up and sat her on his lap.

William Giles called his daughter Dutchess, Princess was and would only always be for Buffy, his wife.

“How’s Mum this AM?” Will asked Buffy as he pulled her to his side lovingly. “You certainly look beautiful, Princess. How does the little rug rat feel in your tummy?”

Buffy smiled at Will, kissing his blond, bleached head, “Mum is fine,” she assured him. “Just can’t wait for this little ‘rascal’ as Bethie calls him or her, to be out and about. I’m the size of a house!”

Beth grinned, “That’s what the pictures are!” she cried, clapping her hands together, “our new house!”

Her father tousled Beth’s hair and clutched Buffy closer to him, “that’s right, Dutchess,” he nodded proudly. “The new house should be ready in just a few months.”

“Can I have a pony?” Beth asked, suddenly out of the blue. “I want a little pony, with spots all over its bum and….”

Spike quickly tried to hush his darling daughter. Buffy would be furious that their four-year-old had used the word ‘bum’ in any way or form and his wife would certainly know where that little euphemism had come from.

“Uhm, sweet one,” Spike stammered to Bethie, “why don’t you run back up to your bedroom, I need to speak with Mum alone, okay?”

Beth nodded without hesitation, anything to please her adored daddy. When she had safely made it to the top of the stairs, Spike pulled Buffy onto his lap and nuzzled her neck lovingly.

“Baby?” he murmured as he stroked her arms. “I got some news from Riley Finn yesterday. Not sure if I should tell you or not as it’s good and bad, I guess.”

He felt Buffy tense up, but then force herself to relax, somewhat, and sink down into her husband’s embrace. “What is it Will?” she asked softly.

Since five years before, Buffy and Spike had been through a lot. An awful lot, but in the end, it turned out to be worth it. When Buffy had come out of the hospital, she had lost way too much weight, her shoulder was half gone, of course, and with Angel dead, things were in an uproar at home. At the law firm, with the Travers’ family.

Doctor Wilkens had to remove a small part of Buffy’s right lung, a very small part, thank God. Somehow, thanks to Will and her Mother, Buffy had pulled through the mess that surrounded her life. Will and Buffy decided to always look ahead to their future together from here on in.

Joyce and Will had found the best plastic surgeons they could. They had gotten Buffy the best medical help and reconstructive surgery. The surgeons had fixed the nightmare that Angel had caused when he’d shot her that day in the office. Buffy went on, thanks to Will and her friends and family. She went on to settle Angel’s affairs, sell the house and cars and field the Travers (with Will’s help of course). She eventually put her life with Angel behind her, completely.

They, Will and Buffy had moved to London less then a year after the horror that happened that day. Once there, Buffy and he settled into their life, quite quickly really. Buffy worked at an art gallery while Will took a job with Rupert Giles' only living relative. Rupert’s brother ran a consulting firm. In five years, Will had worked his way up in the rather large firm, making supervisor faster then anyone expected.

With Buffy to help, William and his mother, Anne, found taking care of a growing Guinevere a little easier then before. This certainly helped Will to feel less guilty about his Mum and sister Drusilla. Then Beth had come along and everything seemed complete in their lives.

Back home in the States, things had gone along fairly smoothly for most of Will’s and Buffy’s friends and family. Willow and Tara stayed together and opened a bookstore; Clem and Sophie had three children and owned ‘Clems’ totally. Buffy’s staff from the old days had found other positions, oddly enough with the Chase family. Cordelia and Riley never married, especially when he found out about Angel and everything else.

To this day, Cordelia had not ever married, apparently content to stay put in Sunnydale, handling her Father’s social calendar and functions. Riley ended up marrying the daughter of a Police Chief, Samantha was her name.

Whatever happened to the Travers? Buffy didn’t know and didn’t care; they were dead to her, just as she supposed she was to them.

In the end, Councilman Rhys-Smith, Doyle and some of the other planets in Angel’s solar system crashed and burned. They were all doing time in various jails in Southern California. Xander Harris disappeared completely, he seemed to fall off the face of the planet before the Sunnydale Police Department could find and arrest him.

Even Willow had not heard from Xander in the five years that had passed. As for Anya and Andrew? Well, Andrew went on to become the youngest partner of the Snyder, Levison Law Firm. He and Anya were married about a year or so after they had been instrumental in saving Buffy’s life. Two children, two boys, rounded out their little family.

“What’s the big news from Sunnydale?” Buffy asked apprehensively. Spike sighed and snuggled his wife closer to him.

“I guess that Xander Harris suddenly crawled out from under his rock, recently, that is Princess.” He felt Buffy cringe against him and held tightly to her, “it’s okay,” he assured her. “The whelp finally turned himself in to the Police. About time, since the bloody Sunnydale Police Force can’t organize a group trip to the loo.”

Buffy giggled in relief then grew serious. “I wonder what made Xander, after all of this time, turn himself in?” she asked in awe.

“Oh,” Spike mumbled, “probably just got tired of running. Just natural, I suppose, to grow weary of hiding out, running from the law. You know.”

Spike ran his hands over Buffy’s protruding tummy tenderly, “but, speaking of better things,” he chuckled, “what’re we going to name this little rug rat?”

Buffy scrunched up her face in thought, “I was thinking,” she said softly, “maybe, Joyce for a girl and William for a boy. William Rupert Giles, what do you think?”

She watched her husband screw up his face in disgust. “Oh for Christ’s sake, baby,” he spat, “I don’t want my poor kid, my heir, running around with my ponce name or ‘Rupert’!”

She broke out in peals of laughter, almost falling off of his lap, if he hadn’t grabbed and secured her tightly to him.

“Willie!” she cried in glee. “Willie, or Rupes! Oh, that’s so rich all right!”

Will was not laughing along with Buffy, in fact he frowned sourly, and “I mean it Buffy, no Willie, Bill or Rupert. I am dead serious about this!”

Trying to stifle her laughter, Buffy buried her face into Will’s neck, suddenly fighting tiny tears of joy.

“Have I ever thanked you, baby?” she murmured against his warm flesh.

“For what?” he asked, squeezing her even tighter to him, affectionately.

“For everything. For coming back into my life, just when it meant the most. For helping me believe in myself again. Oh, God, Will! For Bethie, this baby and just everything.” She buried her face into Will’s warm neck and began to weep, tears of joy.

William continued to rub her swollen tummy, lovingly as he kissed her tenderly on the mouth. “Well,” he whispered with a warm smile, “it’s me that should thank you. You brought me out of the dark, into the light, Princess. I love you more then anything in the world.”

Buffy sighed with contentment and snuggled even closer to her man, “me too, to you,” she replied lovingly.


FINIS