Disclaimer-: I don't own any of the BtVS or AtS related stuff. i just put the Spuffy ideas floating around in my head onto paper...well...screen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“It really was… I couldn’t believe it.” She sighed.
“Every time I think about it I want to cry.” She confessed as the memories of the events she was telling her friend of played out in her mind.
“I’ve never been so… I don’t think there are any words to describe how I was feeling.”

Buffy was sitting in her living room, talking to Willow about what he had done only yesterday. She was exhausted, having got very little sleep the night before.
“I never knew Spike could be like that!” Willow declared. “I mean, I knew what he was like, but I never really thought he had it in him.”
“I know. I mean I knew it was there deep down inside but the way it all happened…” Buffy trailed off before adding, “It really was the best day of my life.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy turned over to put a stop to the droning of the alarm clock that would not cease. It reverberated in her sleep filled mind like a gong. Her hand searched for the alarm and almost knocked over her glass of water in the process, but it seemed as though the slayer inside her did not need sleep, as her slayer reflexes caught it before it could fall off the bedside table. She found the clock and pushed the ‘alarm off’ button.

As the sleep induced haze lifted from her eyes she smiled and picked up the photo frame off the bedside table. Her fingers lightly traced Spike’s image next to her in the photo. It had been taken on the pier one night when Spike, Buffy and Dawn had attended the New Years fireworks display. Dawn took the photo of the couple without their knowledge when they were sitting on a seat over looking the ocean. Spike’s arms were wrapped protectively around Buffy’s body and her head was resting on his shoulder. Dawn had been lucky and image was taken just as Spike kissed the top of Buffy’s head.
The photo was taken at a time when only Dawn knew of Buffy and Spike’s relationship.

As she placed the photo back on the surface a knock was heard at the door. Buffy pulled herself out of bed and ran a brush through her bed hair before descending the stairs.

When she opened the door she found there to be no one there. Her gaze fell on the pile of long white boxes on the door step. They were tied together with a long, curled red ribbon. She picked them all up in one go and found the boxes to be very light. She stepped inside and shut the door with her foot before placing the boxes on the lounge table. There was a tiny white envelope on the top box and she opened it and saw ‘Buffy’, written on the card in black writing.

Her heart nearly stopped completely as she opened the top box and saw it filled with long stemmed roses, the deepest colour of red that she had ever seen. She counted them and found there to be eighteen of the softest, most delicate roses she had ever touched. When she opened the next box there were more roses, but this time they were a slightly lighter shade of red, but unbelievably perfect.

She went through all the boxes, fighting back tears as each box revealed different coloured set of eighteen roses, ranging from crimson, to peach, white, yellow. Buffy had gone through ten boxes, each one tugging at her heart strings when she reached the last box. This one was slimmer than the rest and when she opened it she found a single, blood red rose and an ivory card. She picked up the card and on the front she read…

‘One for every day we’ve been together. I wish I could give you one for every day I have loved you, but there aren’t enough roses in the world.’


At this the tears streaked silently down her cheek. One hundred and eighty one roses, one for every day that she and Spike had been together since the first time they had shared their first kiss together.

Then turning over the card she read…

‘I’ll pick you up at seven. Spend all of it on a beautiful outfit for tonight.”

She pulled out the envelope from underneath the roses and found a two hundred dollars inside. Buffy almost passed out, her insides felt like warm honey and her heart filled with a desperate need to see him and lose herself in him completely.

Buffy walked into the kitchen and rubbed the tears off of her cheeks. She searched for as many vases as she could find when she heard
“oh my god!” shrieked from the lounge.
Dawn came running into the kitchen. “How many roses did he get you?!”
“One hundred and eighty one.” Buffy smiled. “Help me carry them upstairs?” Buffy asked her sister.
“Sure, but I’ll have you know I am raging with jealousy.” Dawn told her as she picked up four vases and carried them upstairs to Buffy’s room.

After a few more couple more trips, all the boxes of roses were laid on the bed and Dawn was filling the vases with water from the bath taps. They arranged the roses in the vases fitting about twenty in each and placed them around the room, the heady scent already filling the atmosphere.

“Right you, we’re going shopping.” She told Dawn and grabbed her bag and placed the envelope with the money in one of the inside pockets. She grabbed her car keys and she and Dawn got in the jeep that they inherited from their mother and drove to Sunnydale mall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They had been walking around the mall for about an hour looking for the perfect dress that would make Spike drool. As they were passing one of the dress stores on the second floor of the mall, Buffy’s gaze fell on the absolute perfect dress on display in the window. She and Dawn rushed into the shop and asked the clerk if she could try on the dress. The woman was only too happy to oblige and took the dress off of the mannequin and handed it to Buffy. She went into one of the dressing stalls and tried it on.

It fit perfectly and she looked in the mirror and knew that this was the one. It was a deep, blood red, figure hugging dress with a ruffled diagonal cut at the bottom so that her left leg from the knee downwards was visable. The back was bare apart from spaghetti straps across it. The front tied up at the back of the neck and with the addition of a push up bra, Buffy knew that Spike would be extremely pleased. The front of the dress had a slash across the stomach, showing off her toned, smooth abs. Buffy looked at the price tag, and it seemed that someone up there really liked her. The dress was down from two hundred, to just one hundred and thirty five dollars. Buffy took off the dress and gave it to the clerk, who wrapped it up in tissue and packed it in a box. Buffy paid for her purchase and she and Dawn made their way to her next stop, the illustrious ‘Victoria’s Secret’.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy was laying in her bath, scented candles all around her. She had about just over an hour until Spike would be round and Buffy was determined to make herself look unbelievable. She was going to have to contain herself because the way she was feeling right now, she wasn’t sure if she was going to be able to stop herself from throwing him against the door and shagging him senseless as soon as he walked through the door.

Buffy looked down at the waterproof bandage on her stomach and smiled. She knew Spike would be very pleased with what she had spent some of the remaining money on and knew it would be visible through the slit in the dress.

After finishing up in the bath, Buffy got out and wrapped a towel around her body. She dried her hair and straightened it in about half an hour. She took a hair clip out of the bag of shopping she had bought, and she pulled the sides of her hair back. She twisted it so that pieces spiked out and secured it with the clip that was ornately decorated with roses that matched the colour of her dress.

Buffy spent a long time over her eyes, applying a shade that was in between red and pink. She brushed black mascara over her eye lashes and swept eyeliner over her bottom lids and smudged it slightly to give it a smoky, sexy look. After applying lip gloss over her lips she slipped on her cherry red thong and matching push up bra with red sequins that looked like rubies and delicate lace detail. Next she took the dress off its hanger and slipped it on, tying it up behind her neck, then took her new shoes out of their box. They matched the dress perfectly; the straps that tied all the way up her calf were similar to those that stretched across her back.

Buffy stepped in front of her full length mirror and admired the view. She looked down at the bandage on her stomach and smiled. She gently peeled it away and revealed her newly pierced belly button. The jewel that she had chosen split into five thin sections from the top of the piercing with tiny diamond jewels all along each section and a tear drop below the belly button. The best part about the piercing was the fact that the colour resembled blood so acutely that someone might think that there were drops of blood dripping down her stomach. Spike was gonna fall head over heels, and Buffy knew that he would love it.

Buffy sprayed herself with her perfume and slipped it in her purse with her phone, keys, money and make up bag. As the door bell rang Dawn yelled,
“I’ll get it.!”
She bounded down the stairs and opened the door and saw the man who she loved like an older brother standing in the door way. He kissed Dawn’s hand and handed her a rose and smiled,
“For the other beautiful woman in my life.”
Dawn took the rose and pulled him into a hug and whispered.
“You are gonna go nuts when you see her.”

A movement at the top of the stairs got their attention. If Spike had needed to breathe he would most probably have died from lack of oxygen.
Buffy descended the stairs looking like an angel floating on a cloud. Spike stood at the foot of the stairs in total awe at the person he loved more than anyone else in the world.

“You look…it…just…wow…” Spike was at a loss for words.
Buffy certainly had achieved the desired effect. Spike’s eyes fell on the slit in her dress across the stomach and Buffy saw the desire flare up in his eyes.
“You like?” Buffy asked him.
As Buffy reached the bottom step Spike stepped up to her and kissed her with such a passion that Buffy had to grip his shirt to stop herself from dropping to the floor like a rock.

“I’ll take that as a yes then.” Buffy said breathlessly.
Spike ran a finger softly around the piercing. “Did it hurt?” he asked, concern in his eyes.
“Not really, nothing I can’t handle.” Buffy smiled up into his eyes.
“You look so amazing love.” Spike purred in her ear.
“I wanted to look perfect for you. Those roses were just…I couldn’t believe it. It was the most beautiful thing anyone’s ever done for me. I love you so much.” Buffy whispered to him.
“You deserved every one.” Spike told her. The he placed his hand in hers.
“Your gonna love this place.” Spike said as he led her out of the house, yelling a quick goodbye to Dawn and taking Buffy out to a waiting taxi.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN-: I hope you liked the chapter. I’m only gonna have 2 chapters, and I’ll add it tomorrow. I wanted to add a Spuffy valentine themed story ‘cos well, guess what today is!!!!!

And, as for the ‘Where the hell did Spike get the money????’ lets just say he got very lucky in Kitten Poker, yeah that’ll do!!!!

Also, this morning I bought the brand new Angel soundtrack and let me tell you it is SO worth your money. It is mainly score music and it is amazing. Especially the ‘Home’, ‘Hero’ and ‘Farewell Cordelia’ scores, which bring tears to my eyes. No other music has really made me cry but this did, because you can see the scenes they were used in so well.
So get out there and buy it!

(oh and i'm sorry for the corny title, i couldn't think of anything else!!!!!!)