Chapter 10

"Behind you!" Buffy ducked at the warning, but she was too late as she was slammed in the side of the head by a vampire. She was knocked to the ground and the vampire got on top of her. She was afraid she was going to die when he then turned to dust and Buffy looked up to see Spike standing over her with a stake in his hand. He reached for her and helped her up. "You alright, love?" She nodded.

"Yeah, just a little headachy. I could have taken him." Spike smiled at her.

"Right, it looked like you had everything under control." Buffy scowled at him.

"I did, it was all part of my master plan." Spike smiled again.

"Of course, don't worry about it. You did well." Buffy smiled at that.

"I did?" He nodded and put his arm around her.

"Always," he replied as they headed home. Spike was sitting on the couch reading more about the demon later that night. Buffy fell asleep with her head resting on his shoulder. It was late, so everyone else was already asleep. Spike wanted to find the demon that did this to her and kill him for it, but he wanted to find out more about him first.

"I'm still waiting." Spike looked at Buffy when he heard her soft voice. He saw that she still had her eyes closed and wondered if she was just talking in her sleep when her eyes then opened to look at him.

"Waiting for what?" He asked her when he knew she was awake and she smiled and sat up.

"I'm still waiting for that Saturday. When we met you said you would kill me on Saturday and I'm still waiting for it." Spike smiled when he realized what she was remembering.

"You can wait all you like, pet. It's not happening." Buffy smiled and rested her head back on his shoulder.

"I was hoping you would say that." He kissed her on the head.

"It's late, Buffy. You should probably go up to bed now." Buffy shook her head.

"I like it here. You make a good pillow." She said as she started to drift off to sleep again. Spike looked at her and smiled and then went back to the book he was looking at. Spike was talking with Giles the next day while Buffy was out with the girls.

"Her memories are coming back slowly. It seems that every day she remembers something else, but if we kill the demon then they would all come back. The problem is I looked everywhere and I can't find him." Giles nodded when Spike was finished.

"You should keep looking while I work on finding who summoned the demon in the first place. I believe it could have been a human, I just can't think of whom." Spike nodded.

"You work on that and when night falls I'll go back out and look for the demon." Giles agreed when the girls then walked through the door carrying lots of bags.

"Dear lord, did you buy the whole mall?" Giles asked them.

"Please, this is hardly anything." Willow told him and Buffy came in carrying more bags than the others and Spike went to help her with them.

"You sure about that?" He asked when he saw all the bags. The girls rolled their eyes.

"We needed to buy some new outfits. We're going to the Bronze tonight. You know, to familiarize Buffy with the place and I get to go, too." Dawn said with a smile on her face as the girls went to their rooms to put their stuff away. Spike followed Buffy upstairs with the bags he was holding and placed them on her bed. He then looked through one and found a red, halter top that he pulled out and looked at. He raised his eyebrows.

"You're not wearing this unless I go with you." Buffy looked at him.

"I thought you were going patrolling tonight." Spike nodded.

"I was planning on it, but now I might have second thoughts." Buffy sighed and took the halter top out of his hands.

"You need to go, Spike. Someone should be out there. I'll be fine and if it makes you feel better, I won't even wear this." She said as she put the halter top away and he smiled at her.

"That's my girl." He said as he kissed her on the lips. "You can wear that when we're alone." He whispered to her and she blushed a little. Spike wasn't used to this shy Buffy, but he was starting to like it.