Chapter 11

Two weeks went by and Buffy was in the basement hitting the punching bag. She needed to practice more. She got frustrated when her punches were all wrong and then kicked the bag. Spike was watching her from the top of the stairs. "You're doing pretty well." She looked up at him.

"This is hopeless, I hit like a girl." Spike laughed at that and went down to join her.

"You are a girl." Buffy rolled her eyes.

"I know, but I have a feeling the Slayer wouldn't hit like a girl. I don't remember how to fight or how to even be the Slayer. I may be getting some memories back, but the fighting skills are still gone. I don't know what the hell I'm doing." Spike put his arm around her in comfort.

"It'll get better, pet. It just takes time. I'll find that demon and kill it and when I do everything will come back." Buffy sighed and leaned into his embrace.

"You shouldn't have to do that alone though, but I saw a picture of that demon and I have a feeling I wouldn't be able to do much damage. I can't do anything right." She said.

"That's not true, things will get better." Buffy sighed.

"I wish I believed that." They went upstairs to join the others. Buffy was sulking in the living room while everyone was in the kitchen.

"She's feeling a little helpless right now; I want you all to make her feel better about herself while I look for the demon. She has to know that she's wanted, that she's more than just the Slayer." Spike told them. They all agreed when there was a crash in the living room. They went to see what happened.

"I'm sorry, I was trying to do the kicking thing and I didn't see the lamp." Buffy said and they noticed that the lamp was on the floor.

"Hey, don't worry about it. I can fix that baby right up." Xander said trying to make her feel better as he picked the lamp up.

"Sorry, guess I'm just a klutz. Story of my life it seems." Spike went to her side.

"It was just an accident, nothing to beat yourself up about." Buffy moved away from him.

"I can't afford any accidents. I just can't deal with any of this. I'm trying, but nothing I do is working. Let's face it, the demon is gone. We haven't seen him in weeks and there's no way I'll get my memory back. Yeah, I might get little things every now and then, but the Slayer stuff isn't coming back. What's the point in even being here if I can't help the ones I'm supposed to protect?" With that said she took off up the stairs leaving everyone to stare after her.

"That went well." Xander said sarcastically.

"Maybe someone should talk to her." Tara said and Willow was about to head up the stairs when Spike stopped her.

"Let her be alone right now." He said and she nodded.

"Now what do we do?" Anya asked and no one knew what to say. They all went back in the kitchen and Dawn then decided to sneak upstairs. She wanted to see if her sister was okay. She knocked on Buffy's door and didn't hear anything, so she opened the door to find the room empty. She noticed that her window was open and knew that Buffy must have snuck out, but it was finding the note on her sister's bed that got her scared. She looked it over and began to panic.

"Spike!" She yelled and a few seconds later he was running up the stairs and into the bedroom.

"What's wrong?" He asked when he saw that Buffy was gone and Dawn with tears in her eyes.

"She's gone." Was all she said as she handed Spike the note that Buffy left. Spike read it and a look of fear crossed his features. He then looked back at Dawn.

"I'm going to find her. I think I know where she might go." He then pulled Dawn into a hug and kissed her on the forehead. "I'll bring her back, I promise. Everything will be okay." Dawn nodded and Spike let her go and then took off out of Buffy's window because he didn't have time to deal with the others. He had a Slayer to find.