Chapter 12

He ran as fast as he could. He really hoped it wasn't too late. He ran for what seemed to be forever when he finally made it to the cliff. He saw her standing on the edge, blonde hair flying everywhere. "Buffy, you don't want to do this." He said and after a few seconds of just standing there she spoke.

"I wasn't going to jump." She said as she turned to look at him. "I thought about it, but I don't think I really could have gone through with it. That would be taking the easy way out and it would probably be painful." Spike sighed in relief and walked closer to her.

"Let's get out of here, love. We can get through this together." Buffy thought about it and looked back over the edge at the rocks below and then turned her gaze back on Spike.

"I'm sorry; I didn't mean to be so much trouble." She said as tears started to form in her eyes.

"Don't worry about it. Let's just go home, okay?" Buffy nodded and was about to go to him when she tripped on a rock and then fell over the edge. She screamed as she held on to one of the rocks below. "Buffy!" Spike yelled as he ran to the edge of the cliff and looked down to see her holding on for dear life. He reached a hand out to her. "Buffy, grab my hand!" He yelled as he tried to reach her. She looked up at him with fear in her eyes. She tried to reach for him also, but he was too far away.

"I can't reach, I'm slipping!" She yelled. Spike tried to reach for her again; there was no way he was going to lose her.

"Just give me your hand, love. I'll reach you." He said a little calmer and she nodded and reached her hand out to him again. Spike grabbed on to her hand and tried to pull her up. The rock she was holding on to fell and it almost took her with it, but Spike was still holding her hand. Buffy let out another scream.

"Spike, don't let go!" She yelled to him and he shook his head.

"No chance of that. Just hold on." He reached his other hand out to her and grabbed her with both hands as he pulled her up. When he pulled her back on to solid ground she fell on top of him. He just held her as she started to cry. "It's okay, pet. I've got you now." He said trying to calm her as he kissed the top of her head.

"I was so scared, I don't want to die." She said through her tears.

"I would never let that happen. I love you, Buffy. Always remember that." Buffy nodded and looked at him. He wiped the tears from her eyes.

"I love you, too. I don't need to remember everything to know that." Spike smiled at her.

"Well, let's just hope you still feel that way when you do get your memories back because that's the first time you've ever said that." Buffy looked surprised.

"It is?" Spike nodded.

"You're not one to say it often, especially not to me. You may have given me a chance, but I'm still a soulless vampire." Buffy kissed him right there and looked in his eyes.

"I don't care, I know I love you and I'll continue to think that. Soul or no soul, it doesn't matter to me." Spike smiled at her again and then stood up. He took her hand and pulled her up also. They continued to stare at each other when it started to rain.

"Oh, bloody hell." Spike cursed when the rain fell down on them and Buffy just laughed.

"We should get inside." She said and Spike took off his duster and placed it over her. He took her hand and they both ran back to the house.