Chapter 2

Buffy and Spike were out patrolling the next night. They were busy making out for most of the night and decided that they needed to get some slaying in. They were walking in silence when Spike was jumped by a huge demon. Buffy grabbed her stake and saw that it wouldn't do much damage, but it was all she had. She stabbed the demon and got it off of Spike which then made the demon mad and it turned its attention on her. Buffy was fighting it by herself when Spike finally got up and joined in. The demon was blue with sharp claws and horns on its head. Buffy was really wishing that she would have brought a better weapon. The demon grabbed Spike and threw him at a tree where he hit his head and fell down. Buffy saw that Spike wasn't moving and because of that distraction the demon then pulled out a syringe and stuck it into her arm. Buffy yelled in pain when the demon pulled it out and hit her on the head. She fell to the ground and lay there until her dizziness passed. When she was able to sit up she looked around and noticed that the demon was gone, she then looked and saw Spike still on the ground. She went over to him and tried to shake him awake. "Come on, Spike." She said when he finally opened his eyes and looked at her.

"Buffy, what happened?" He asked her a little groggily.

"The demon knocked you out. He's gone now." Spike then sat up and leaned against the tree.

"Did you kill it?" Buffy shook her head.

"No, he knocked me down and then took off. I didn't see which way he went." Spike nodded and stood up with Buffy's help.

"Are you okay?" Buffy nodded also.

"I think so, how about you?" She asked him.

"Yeah," Spike then noticed her arm and touched it. "What happened?" She looked down at her arm to see a bruise forming. She looked back at Spike.

"Don't know, he stuck me with a needle or something. Didn't work whatever it was." Spike didn't like the sound of that, something didn't seem right.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Buffy nodded again.

"I feel fine; we have to find that demon though. I don't want a thing like that loose." Spike agreed and still couldn't help the bad feeling he had. They patrolled some more and looked everywhere for the demon, but they weren't having much luck.

"I think we should check more later. The sun will be up soon." He told her and she nodded. They walked back to the house and Spike looked over at Buffy. She said she was fine, but she was looking a little pale all of a sudden. He grabbed her hand to stop her and he noticed that she felt a little too hot. He felt her head. "You're burning up, Buffy. There's no telling what that demon put in you. You need to get it checked out." Buffy shook her head.

"I feel fine; maybe I'm just getting sick or something. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about." She said.

"This is me you're talking to here. You know how I worry about you. Come on, let's get inside. Maybe a cold shower will make you feel better." Buffy nodded which then caused a pain in her skull. She groaned and grabbed her head.

"Okay, maybe I don't feel fine." Spike looked back at her.

"What hurts?" Buffy continued to hold her head when she answered him.

"It's like something is pounding in my skull. I feel so dizzy." She said as she looked back at Spike with a scared look on her face. "Spike, you might have to catch me." He didn't know what she was talking about when she then passed out and fell into his arms. He didn't know what to do as he checked her over. She was still breathing and she still had a pulse so that was good, but he didn't know what was wrong with her. He looked at her arm and noticed that the bruise suddenly looked red until it then disappeared. He knew that what he was dealing with had to be supernatural. He picked her up and headed to the house. He really hoped Giles would know what to do.