Chapter 4

Everyone was downstairs researching and they weren't having much luck. Spike got frustrated and slammed the book that he was looking at. "This isn't getting us anywhere. It's like this demon doesn't even exist." They all looked at him afraid to say anything.

"I'm sure we'll find something." Willow told him and he sighed.

"She could be dying. Even if we do find something it might be too late." Spike placed his head in his hands and Dawn got up to hug him. Spike turned to her and wrapped his arms around the girl in a hug also. He then started to cry and he didn't care who saw him do it. Giles looked at the vampire and was amazed at how much he has changed. He truly loved Buffy and he would do whatever he could to save her.

"Wait a second, I think I found something." Xander said and everyone looked at him. "You said it was a creepy blue demon right, with claws and horns?" He asked Spike and the vampire nodded. "Would this be your demon?" Xander said as he handed Spike the book. Spike's eyes lit up when he saw the demon.

"Yeah, in the ugly flesh." He said with a smile, happy that they finally found the demon. He then looked at Xander. "Whelp, I could kiss you." Xander held up his hands.

"I know you're happy that we don't have to research anymore, but we don't have to go there." Spike rolled his eyes.

"I wasn't really going to do it." Xander sighed in relief.

"Good, at least that's settled." Anya then put her arm around Xander.

"I'm the only one that's allowed to kiss Xander." Spike nodded.

"Wouldn't have it any other way." Giles sighed as he ignored them and took the book from Spike. He was reading up on the demon for a few minutes when he put the book down and looked at all of them. "What does it say? How can we help her?" Spike asked him and Giles cleaned his glasses again.

"I don't believe Buffy is dying. She's just in a deep sleep; she should be able to wake up on her own." Spike figured there had to be more than that.

"So, she's just gonna wake up? If that's the case then what was the point of the needle if not to kill her?" Giles shook his head.

"I'm not sure, this is a Lochnah demon. They are pretty rare, they're not that known in the demon world. Infact, they usually keep to themselves. They go about their business until someone summons them to do their bidding." Giles explained.

"Are you saying that someone summoned this demon to go after Buffy?" Xander asked and Giles nodded.

"I believe so, I have no idea who and I don't know what was the reason if she is just going to wake up. There is no mention of these demons dealing with needles. They usually only use claws as their weapon. I do have a theory for this and it's not a very good one. I believe the demon wasn't trying to kill Buffy, but change her."

"What do you mean? She'll still be Buffy, won't she?" Dawn asked a little worried and Giles looked at her.

"I'm not sure what would happen, but there is a chance that when she wakes up she won't be the same person. We don't know what this demon put in her. We will just have to wait and see what happens and then deal with it as best we can." They all sat in silence when Spike stood up.

"Right, well I guess I better wait for her to wake up then. Someone should be up there with her." He said as he walked up the stairs, not waiting for anyone to say anything.