Chapter 6

No one knew what to think when Spike told them about Buffy having amnesia. They were all quiet when Buffy finally made her way downstairs. She just looked at the faces around her and then stood next to Spike. Spike took her hand and pulled her closer to them. "Buffy, these are the friends I told you about. That's Giles, Willow, Xander, Tara, Anya, and your sister Dawn." He said as he pointed to all of them. Buffy smiled at them and then looked at Dawn.

"You're my sister?" She asked and Dawn nodded.

"Yeah, that would be me. How are you feeling?" Buffy shrugged.

"Okay, I guess. I just wish I could remember, everything is a little fuzzy." Giles walked over to her.

"That's understandable, I'm sure you'll get your memory back. We will help you with that, tell you about your life and hopefully you will start to remember." He said and Buffy nodded.

"How did this happen to me anyway?" No one knew what to tell her when Spike spoke up.

"You were attacked, love. In the park and you hit your head." Buffy nodded accepting his answer. "Why don't you go upstairs and rest some more, pet?" Buffy looked at him.

"You're all going to talk about me, aren't you? That's okay, I can take the hint." She said as she went back upstairs.

"Well, she still seems a little like herself." Xander said and they all agreed, but Spike got to the point.

"What do we do? Just tell her about herself and hope that her memory will come back?" Giles shook his head.

"I don't know, it could be harder than that. We need to find out more about this demon and who summoned it. I have a feeling magic is involved here." He told all of them.

"Well, if it's magic we can handle that." Willow stated.

"I don't deal with magic. I think I'd rather take care of the demon. I'll go to Willy's, see what I can find out." Spike said and Giles nodded.

"Yes, that's a good idea. I'll try to find out who we are dealing with here." Spike nodded and was about to head out the front door when he turned back to Giles.

"I know we are supposed to tell Buffy about her life, but does that mean we should tell her about being the Slayer? That would bring up the subject of vampires and demons and she might not be ready for that." Giles thought about it.

"If we want her to remember everything that means bringing up the fact that she is the Slayer. Perhaps we won't tell her that part just yet though." Spike agreed.

"Okay, but when that time comes who will be the one to tell her?" Xander asked and no one said anything. Spike rolled his eyes.

"I guess I'll be the one to do it then. Just look after her until I get back." Spike told them before he left the house. They all looked at each other when he was gone.

"Well, I guess I'll go do my homework now." Dawn said as she went upstairs. She knew she wouldn't be much help anyway. She was about to walk in her room when she changed her mind and walked to Buffy's room instead. She wanted to talk to her sister first.