Chapter 1

The dock was filled with people getting in and out of ships. As another ship anchored itself on the shore, mounts of people started to get off. Families, businessmen and couples from their honeymoons filled the docks as each and every passenger got off. Just as it seemed no one would be coming out the ship, one blonde girl pulling her luggage came out. She was looking around as if searching for someone until she heard a shout.


“Buffy! Buffy!” A redhead called from behind the waiting shed. “Over here!” she jumped up and down just in case the woman wouldn’t see her.


“Willow!” the blonde ran over to the woman leaving her luggage on the middle of the dock in the process as she gave her cousin a big hug. “Oh my god! It’s been so long…” she grabbed her bag as they walked over to the parking lot. “You look good, cuz! So how you’ve been?”

Buffy’s cousin just rolled her eyes. Some things never change.

♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣

Buffy and Willow were sitting in a little teashop talking about Buffy’s trip. She had been studying in America for the last couple of years taking up nursing. She came to London because there was a job offer she wanted to apply for here, so she thought she’d stay here for the time being and visit her cousin Willow and get a feel of the place if she ever gets the job that is. “So is the old SunnyD still the same?”

“You mean boring, boring, high crime rates and boring? Then yes,” both of the women laugh at that. Sunnydale or as they call SunnyD was where the two cousins have grown up. Their mothers were the best of friends so naturally and so where they. They have lived across from each other and they haven’t been separated since the day Willow came to London to work. “So how long will you be staying here, Buff?”

“I don’t know really… I mean the job doesn’t start until after Christmas but I could always stay for a couple of weeks and hang-out.” She took a sip from her cup of tea, a typical delicacy in London. “Take a look around the city or something.”

Willow chewed the remaining scones inside her mouth and swallowed before she answered. “Oh, that would be awesome except… I have a job to get back to. Boss is not very nice this past few weeks.”

“Oh it’s okay.” Buffy simply dismissed it. “I can entertain myself.”

“Wish we could spend more time together…” Willow offered her a smile of sympathy.

“I’ll be fine… I just have no idea what I’ll do when I get back to Sunnydale that is.”

“Well you can stay here longer,” Willow offered. “Maybe you could get an apartment here or something. Better yet, you could become a London gal and live here permanently.”

“Like you?” The redhead nodded. “Umm… I don’t know, that’s almost three months of nothing but lounging around and watching television,” Buffy said and as she did she realized it isn’t so bad after all…Buffy was apprehensive. True she had nothing else better to do, unless she gets that nursing job, her life is really going in no direction at all. “Plus there’s the problem of finding a place to stay.”

“Like you wouldn’t be doing the same thing if you were in Sunnydale.” Willow gave her a pleading smile at least she thought it looked like she was pleading. They were the only two relatives remaining in their families that still had constant communication so she thought that they should at least stick together. Before Willow could give Buffy another reason why she should stay, her cell phone rang. “Excuse me.” She said as she flipped the device open. “Hello… yeah… I’ll be right there… uhuh… yeah… okay.” By this time Willow already have a smile on her face glancing to Buffy from time to time. “I think I know the perfect candidate.” She said loud enough for Buffy to hear and let her curiosity rise with it. “Okay, thanks Joyce. Bye” she flipped the phone back down.

“Who was it?” Buffy asked.

“I think I just found the perfect job for you.”

♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣

“Welcome Miss Willow!” the security greeted as they entered the big gates of the Bennedict Mansion. On their way up the mountain-shaped driveway Buffy thought how she actually got herself in this situation. After the phone call the redhead had got at the teashop. She plainly insisted that applying for this job is the best opportunity for the two of them to spend some time together. She’ll be getting extra money, and a rent-free apartment too, so according to Willow it was win-win situation no matter from what point of view you look at it from.

Sure Willow maybe right, this is a great opportunity for her to kill time while she stayed in London but she was trained to be a nurse, not a nanny nor a sitter. Of course she can probably do the job if she was asked to but she’s not really that eager about it. Especially when the only thing she knew about their so called ‘boss’ was that he was rich.

As they finally reached the main door of the mansion she was astounded on how big the house really was. From the road you could see that it was vast but up close it was GIGANTIC! Like the pyramid of Giza except not in a pyramid form.

The butler greeted them on their way in as she passed the threshold she was welcomed by the twin stairs leading up to the second floor. A woman came down from the said steps, she was around her forties and was holding a small bundle around her arms.

“Hello Willow!” she greeted them. “You must be Buffy,” she reached her hand out as she shifted the bundle in one arm. “Welcome. I’m Joyce and this is Prudence” she held the bundle out for her to see.

Buffy took a look and what she saw was probably the most beautiful baby she had ever laid eyes on. Prue had pale skin, chocolate brown eyes and dark black hair she was a perfect representation of a dark beauty. “Oh God, she’s adorable!”

“Yeah isn’t she?” Joyce rubbed Prue’s nose sounding like the proudest mother in the world. “Just like her mum.” Buffy tried to touch her face and she crocked her nose at her, which caused them all to smile.

“So you’ll be meeting Mr. Bennedict right?” Joyce asked as she held the baby in her arms and started to swing her from side to side. “We could definitely use a helping hand here around the house.”

“Yeah… I guess…” Buffy replied unsure.

“Of course she will.” Willow said dismissively. “But that’s for later, he’s still not home yet. I have to show you the quarters!” she said quite excitedly as she excused both of them from Joyce. She led Buffy around the room through the kitchen and across the garden and into a small cottage at the back of the house. As they opened the door, inside was a tiny living room, a round dinning table with a kitchenette at the back and a row of doors, which she guessed was the bedrooms. “Here it is,” the redhead presented. “You can drop your things over there,” she pointed in the direction of the rows of doors and went into the kitchen to prepare a cup of tea. “So, Sir Will said that we could have this cottage all to ourselves once you get the job. Isn’t that awesome?!” Buffy heard Willow say from the kitchen as she dropped her things in her soon-to-be new room.

The room was simply decorated with essential furnishings. There was bed in the middle of the room, a side table, a dresser, a rocking chair and a study table by the window. “Of course you’ll be at the house most of the time taking care of Prue but still,” Willow peeked her head into Buffy’s room. “When you have some free time we can pretty much do anything we want here. Tea is almost ready why don’t you come out and we’ll have a chat.”

“Okay, I’ll be right out.” Buffy smiled as her cousin vanished into the kitchen. She dropped her suitcase on the bed and took a seat as she surveyed the room. ‘Pretty posh for a maids quarters’ she thought but she could make it work. “So what is ‘Sir Will’ like exactly?” she asked as she sat on the chair by dinning table where the tea was waiting.

“Well…” Willow brought some biscuits out, “He was nice and very generous. There’s nothing to be afraid off if that’s what you mean. He’s a total gentleman. Plus he’s a hottie.” Willow couldn’t help but giggle at that. Buffy just raised her brow at her as if saying ‘hottie?’ “Of course not in a boyfriend kind of way, just in an I appreciate how he looks… kind of way.”

“Ooookay…” Buffy nodded her head as she took a sip of her tea. “So what do you mean he was nice?”

“Well… there was that whole thing with-“ ‘knock knock’. Somebody was at the door, interrupting their discussion.

As Willow went to the door Buffy thought of what she was really doing. ‘He was nice’ was, meaning past tense. What did she get herself into. “Oh come in Giles.” Buffy heard Willow invite somebody in. “Buffy, I’d like you to meet Giles.” The redhead introduced her to a man about her father’s age. He had thinning gray hair and is he British? “He’s Sir Will’s chauffeur.”

“Oh, it’s so nice to meet you Buffy. Willow has told us loads about you.” Giles offered his hand for her to shake.

Definitely British, she concluded. “I hope it’s nothing too bad now is it?” she joked which caused Giles dole out a laugh as she shook his hand. There was another knock at the door as Willow went and answered it.

“So, are you nervous of meeting Will?” Giles asked.

“A little” Buffy admitted.

“Well, you needn’t worry. I’m sure it’ll go well.”

“I hope…” she replied with a smile. “Buffy, Sir William’s home,” she heard Willow call from the threshold as Joyce threw her a wave. ‘Oh my God! Brace yourself Summers…’

♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣

“No experience… Just got out of college…” William recited as he interviewed Buffy.

Willow was in the room sitting right beside her but she didn’t know what to feel. Willow’s description that he was nice was a total understatement. For the few minutes she had been sitting in the study she had been grilled. Sir Will was cruel. He hasn’t said anything good about Buffy. He hasn’t even made her feel like she was welcome or that he was pleased that she would want to work for him. Basically she was treating her like a maid. Which wasn’t so bad because that was what she was technically applying for. Willow was right about one thing though, he was a hottie with a sexy accent… but that soo does not make up for his atrocity.

“I’m not seeing anything good here… Ms. Summers is it?” he asked her and Willow replied for her with a nod. “Why should I hire you? I have no idea if you really know how to take care of a baby…?”

“For one thing,” Buffy answered keeping eye contact in the process, “Willow recommended me which already guarantees you that I can be trusted… well more or less. And since I was trained to be a nurse I got to know a thing or two about babies… and lastly.” She emphasized, “I’m your only choice.”

William was surprised, it was the only word that could possibly describe his expression, that and impressed. This girl was feisty! Something he very much liked, but of course he wouldn’t let her know that, he is after all her boss. Suppressing a smile, “Okay, you’re hired.”

“Thank you.” was Buffy’s reply.

“If you have any questions. I’m sure Willow here would be glad to answer that for you,” he explained. “That’s all I guess… you’re dismissed.”

“Excuse me?” Buffy inquired, ‘dismissed?’

“You can leave…” Buffy just nodded and walked with Willow out the door.

“Oh and Ms. Summers.” William called just before they were out the door. “One more thing, I detest it when people disturb me when I’m working. If you like to keep your job...” he trailed off. “Do I make myself clear?”

With a swallow from Willow and a nod from Buffy, the two turned around and left the room.

to be continued...