Chapter 11

Spike opened the door to find a sobbing Buffy standing there.

"Love, what happened?"

Buffy just threw herself into his arms and continued to cry, without even saying anything.

Spike wrapped his arms around her and helped her into the house, closing the door behind her. He just held her and whispered comforting words in her ear until she calmed down.

An older man then came into the living room.

She pulled away from Spike to look at him.

"Buffy? What's wrong, dear?" Rupert Giles asked when he saw the distress the young girl was in.

She just shook her head and remained silent.

Spike put his arm around her. "We're gonna go to my room, Dad."

Giles nodded. "Yes, of course. I hope everything is all right."

Spike silently agreed and led Buffy to his room. He closed the door once they were inside and walked her over to the bed, where she sat down. He looked at her face and wiped some of her tears away. He really hated to see her like this. "Buffy, what's wrong? You can tell me, pet."

Buffy nodded and wiped at her eyes.

Spike was relieved to see that she was starting to calm down.

"He came back, Spike. I knew there had to be a reason as to why I saw him in the store. I came home tonight to find him at the house with my mom."

Spike sighed when he realized she was talking about her father. "What did he say?"

Buffy shrugged. "A bunch of crap, how he just came to talk," she said angrily and stood up. "Who the hell does he think he is showing up after all this time? What? Did he think we would just forgive him and be one big happy family? It doesn't work that way. My mom didn't even seem mad at him; she was actually sticking up for him. I just couldn't take it and left."

Spike nodded when she was finished. "I'm sorry, love. I know how hard this must be for you, but you shouldn't have just run off like that. Your mum is probably worried about you. I should take you home."

Buffy shook her head. "No, I'm not going back. I just can't deal with it right now. Can I stay here tonight?"

Spike nodded again after a moment. "You know I don't mind, but I have to call Joyce to let her know."

Buffy nodded as well and just sat back down on the bed.

Spike moved closer to her and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "It'll be okay," he told her to try and make her feel better. He was relieved when she gave him a small smile. He then got off of the bed to go call Joyce to let her know where Buffy was. When he returned, he found Buffy lying down in his bed. "Right, well, I guess I'll let you rest. I'll just be on the couch if you need me."

Buffy instantly sat up. "You can sleep here. There's plenty of room," she said and moved over on the bed.

Spike shook his head. "I don't think that's such a good idea."

Buffy rolled her eyes. "Come on, Spike. We've been sleeping in the same bed practically forever. Why should now be any different? If it makes you feel any better, I promise to keep my hands to myself." She held up her hands for him to see.

Spike had to smile at how cute she was. He nodded and walked over to the bed. "Yeah, you do that," he replied and lay down beside her.

They were both quiet, until Buffy broke the silence.

"Thank you for being here. I don't know what I would do without you."

Spike smiled and kissed the top of her head. "I know the feeling. Get some rest now, love. We'll talk more tomorrow."

She nodded and closed her eyes, soon drifting off to sleep.

Spike spent a few minutes just watching her as she slept. He lightly brushed some hair out of her face, so he could get a better look at her. He gently caressed her cheek and hoped that he wouldn't wake her. "I love you," he whispered, then followed her in slumber.