Chapter 26

“You’re pregnant? How did this happen? Okay, stupid question. I know how this happened.”

Buffy looked away from him. “You knew this was a possibility.”

Spike stood up and started to pace. “Right, I just figured it being our first time and all; we might not have to worry about it. I guess not.” He stopped pacing and stared at her. He sat back down and grasped her hand. “How do you feel, love?”

Buffy shrugged. “Okay, I guess. Just a little nauseous.”

Spike nodded and gave her hand a tight squeeze.

Buffy felt worried. “Spike, are you okay? I mean, I know we weren’t expecting this and we’re only in high school, but I need to know how you feel about it. I’m going to keep the baby, whether you want it or not. I just need to know if you’re with me in this. If you’re not, you should just tell me now. I would understand.”

Spike cupped her face, bringing her lips to his in a soft kiss. He pulled away and rested his head against hers. “We’re in this together, sweetheart. I love you so much, Buffy. There’s no way I would let you deal with this alone. I know I wasn’t prepared, but that doesn’t mean I’m not happy about it. I’m going to be a father,” he said with a big smile on his face.

Buffy sighed in relief.

He kissed her again.

She savored the taste of his lips, then pulled away when she thought about the bigger issue. “Spike, we have to tell our parents. God, they’re going to kill us. I not only have my mom, but I have my dad to worry about now. He really chose the perfect time to come back into my life.”

Spike pressed his lips to her forehead. “We’ll tell them together, love. It shouldn’t be so bad. We just have to make sure that no sharp weapons are around.”

She hit him playfully on the arm. “So not funny. Well, at least we graduate in a few months. I shouldn’t be showing all that much at graduation. Maybe no one else has to know. Except for our friends, of course. I kinda already told Willow. She went with me to get the pregnancy test. I didn’t wanna do it alone.”

“You could have asked me to go with you.”

Buffy shook her head. “It was easier having another girl around. I didn’t really want to tell you until I knew for sure.”

Spike nodded in understanding. “So, when do we tell the parents?”

Buffy considered it. “How about when we all get together for dinner on Friday?”

He agreed. “Yeah, that sounds good.”

Buffy suddenly felt nervous. “Spike, do you think we can do this?”

Spike knew that she was talking about more than just telling their parents. He nodded and gave her a quick kiss on the lips. “Yeah, princess. We can do this.”

Buffy smiled and rested her head on his shoulder.

Spike put his arm around her and held her closer to him.

He hasn’t called her princess since they were younger and it sounded really good right about now. Buffy knew that she would be able to handle anything as long as Spike was by her side.