Chapter 29

Four months later...

Buffy and Spike were making last minute arrangements for their wedding that was to take place in a week. They both recently graduated from high school.

Buffy wanted to get married before she showed too much, so the dress that she wanted would fit her.

Their parents and friends were very supportive of their decision.

Buffy was grateful for that, even though she could tell that they wished they would have waited until they were older. She was at her house with her friends having a bachelorette party. And because of the fact that her mother was there, they decided that it wouldn’t be right to get a stripper, which didn’t make Anya happy.

It was also a baby shower, so they didn't think a stripper would be appropriate anyway.


* * * * *


The groom was having his own party at the Bronze and since Giles was away, they had no problem getting a stripper.

Spike was drinking, while the boys were enjoying the blonde woman that was giving them each a lap dance. He wasn’t even paying attention to her; his thoughts were only on Buffy.

Xander sat down next to him and slapped him on the back. “This is your party, man. You’re missing all the fun.”

Spike rolled his eyes. “I think you’re having enough fun for both of us.”

Xander smiled. “Yeah, just don’t tell Anya about this. She would kill me.”

Spike nodded. “Your secret’s safe with me.”

Xander sighed in relief and went back to join the fun.


* * * * *


Spike walked to Buffy’s house later that night to find that the door was already open. He let himself in and saw how messy the living room was. He then glanced at the couch to notice that Buffy was asleep. He smiled and walked closer to her, gently shaking her awake.

She opened her eyes and looked up at him.

“Hey, did they tire you out?” he whispered.

Buffy nodded and sat up. “You could say that. How was your party?”

Spike shrugged. “It was good. The boys had a lot of fun with the stripper.”

Buffy raised her eyebrows. “There was a stripper?”

He nodded and kissed her forehead. “I hardly even noticed her.”

She gave him a smile. “You better say that.”

Spike kissed her on the lips this time and pulled away to put his hand on her stomach. “I still can’t believe my baby’s in there,” he said in awe, then lowered his head to place a kiss on her belly. He gazed back up at her. “You sure you don’t want to know the sex?”

Buffy shook her head. “I wanna be surprised.”

He agreed. “All right, but I bet it’s a girl.”

“How do you figure that?” she wondered.

“I just have a feeling. I’m going to spoil her rotten, and she’s never going to date. No boy will come near her if I have anything to say about it.”

Buffy laughed. “Yeah, try telling her that when she’s sixteen. I know you’ll be a great father, though. I’m worried about screwing up.”

Spike took her hand in his and kissed her knuckles. “You will be a great mum, Buffy. This baby will be so lucky to have you.”

Buffy nodded and felt tears in her eyes. “I love you.”

Spike kissed her sweetly on the lips. “I love you, too. Now, let’s get you into bed.” He helped her off of the couch and up the stairs to her room.

She lay down on the bed.

He pulled the covers over her.

“Spike, would you stay with me tonight?”

Spike nodded and took his shoes off, then got in on the other side of the bed. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her closer to him, so she could rest her head against his chest. His hand remained on Buffy’s stomach as they both soon drifted off to a peaceful sleep.