Chapter 3

Buffy was dancing at the Bronze later that night. She was really getting into the song and managed to attract a group of guys, who were now dancing around her.

Her friends were sitting at a table and watching her, some with their mouths open.

"That is a very seductive dance she's doing." Xander commented and then caused his girlfriend, Anya, to slap him on the head. "Ow, what was that for?" he asked, rubbing his head in the process.

"You're not supposed to be checking out other girls, Harris."

Xander looked apologetic. "I didn't mean anything by it."

Anya just glared at him and turned away.

Xander knew he would be asking for it later.

Spike shook his head and had to smile at the couple. They were always entertaining to watch.

"Do you guys think Buffy's okay?" Willow spoke up. "She's never acted like that before."

Spike shrugged and looked out on the dance floor. "She's been pretty tired lately. She probably just needs to have some fun."

Anya smiled. "Yeah, also looks like she might be a little drunk."

Spike stared at Anya, then back at Buffy. "Bloody hell, weren't you lot watching her? I only stepped away for a few minutes. You know how she is when she has alcohol in her."

They all didn't know what to say.

Xander grabbed Buffy's glass of coke and sniffed it. He pulled his nose away when it smelled funny. "I'm guessing that she flirted with the bartender and had him put something else in her soda. It doesn't smell right."

Spike rolled his eyes and stood up. "I better get her out of here before she does something she might regret." He made his way over to Buffy, trying to get through the crowd of guys. He grabbed her and turned her around to look at him. "I think we should go, pet."

Buffy just gave him a big smile. "Spike!" she exclaimed before hugging his waist. "Have I told you how much I love you?"

Spike really wished she wouldn't say that when she was smashed.

She pulled away from him. "The room is spinning."

He wrapped his arms around her and was about to leave, when one of the guys stood in his way.

"Hey, we're not done with the girl yet."

Spike rolled his eyes. "I think you are, mate. I'm getting her out of here."

The man wouldn't budge. "Maybe she doesn't wanna go with you. We were having fun with her," he said and some of his friends laughed.

Spike grew angry at the thought of this man putting his hands on Buffy, but he only smiled at him. "I hate to do this, but you leave me no choice." He then raised his fist and punched the guy in the face.

He yelled and held his nose.

Spike used that to his advantage to get Buffy out of there.

She laughed once they were outside. "That was so cool! He was a jerk, anyway."

Spike nodded and tried to keep walking, but Buffy stopped to look at him.

"You're my hero," she told him.

Spike had to smile at that. He just stood there as Buffy raised her hand to touch his face. He didn't know what she was doing, but he was too mesmerized to do anything about it. He closed his eyes at her touch and when he opened them again, he saw her eyes staring right into his.

She then started to giggle and was about to fall.

He wrapped his arms around her tighter and continued the walk to his car.

"You're very pretty."

Spike heard her say. "What every bloke loves to hear," he mumbled and finally got to his car. He let her in first and went to his side. He got in as well, then headed to his house.