Chapter 30

The wedding was being held in Spike’s backyard because they didn’t want a big church wedding.

The girls were helping Buffy out in one of the rooms, while the guys helped out Spike.

Buffy looked at herself in the mirror after she was dressed and smiled when her mother walked over to her. She noticed tears in the older woman’s eyes. “Mom, why are you crying?”

Joyce wiped her eyes and gazed at her daughter. “You just look so beautiful. I can’t believe my baby is getting married and having a child. It feels like just yesterday I was bringing you home from the hospital.”

Buffy gave her mother a hug. “I’ll always be your little girl,” she whispered to her, which made more tears fall down Joyce’s face.

“You don’t know how happy I am to hear that.”

The rest of her friends then entered the room to get a look at Buffy, including her sisters.

“You look so pretty,” Casey commented first.

Buffy smiled and hugged both of her sisters. She let them go after a few seconds.

“I can’t wait till I get married. I want my dress to look just like that,” Dawn said.

Joyce put her arm around the girl. “You have a long way to go for that, sweetie.”

Dawn nodded. “Yeah, I’m not planning on getting married till I’m at least thirty.”

Joyce felt relieved. “That’s my girl.” She gave Buffy one more smile, then motioned the girls out of the room.

Buffy continued to stare in the mirror and took a deep breath. “I can do this,” she told herself.

The door opened and a familiar voice invaded her thoughts.

“You really are beautiful.”

She turned to see her father standing there. “I’ve been hearing a lot of that today.”

Hank walked closer to her. “I can’t believe how grown up you are, Buffy. I just wanted to tell you how much it means to me that you would want me to walk you down the aisle. I know Giles has been more of a father figure to you.”

Buffy nodded and grasped her father’s hand. “Giles has always been there for me, but you’re my dad. I wanted you to be a part of this. I’m really glad that you’re here.”

Hank embraced her. “I’m so proud of the woman you’re becoming. I love you, Buffy.”

She held him and tried not to let her tears fall. “I love you, Daddy. I’m really grateful we were given this second chance.”

Hank agreed and pulled away to look at her. “So am I, sweetheart. Are you ready?”

Buffy took another breath and nodded. “As ready as I’ll ever be.”

Hank smiled and took her hand as they both left the room.


* * * * *


Spike was standing at the altar with Xander. He was feeling incredibly nervous. He couldn’t wait to see Buffy. The music started to play and he realized that it was time.

Casey was the first one to walk, throwing flowers on the ground as she went. She was followed by Dawn, who was holding the rings on a pillow. Then came Willow, Cordelia, Tara, and Anya. They all stood in place.

The music changed and all of the guests stood up to watch the bride.

Hank walked down the aisle with Buffy and when Spike saw her, he felt his heart skip a beat. She was a vision in white.

They smiled at each other when they were finally together.

Hank kissed Buffy on the cheek and went to sit by Joyce, who had tears streaming down her face. He placed his arm around her and pulled her against his chest as she continued to cry.

Spike took Buffy’s hand and gave it a kiss.

She flashed him a bigger smile.

They both then turned to the minister, happy to begin their new life together.