Chapter 31

Spike and Buffy were dancing at the reception, both still not believing that they were actually married.

Buffy couldn’t be happier, when she felt a sudden pain in her abdomen. She stopped to touch her stomach and realized what it was, then smiled and grabbed Spike’s hand. “Can you feel that? The baby’s kicking for the first time.”

Spike smiled as well when he felt it. He gazed at his wife. “I love you, Buffy,” he said with so much emotion.

“I love you, too,” she replied as they continued their dance.


* * * * *


Spike left to get something to drink a little while later.

Buffy went to join Willow and Tara, who were sitting at a table.

“That’s so cool, Buffy,” Willow said as she felt the baby kick.

They were both taking turns feeling her stomach.

Cordelia and Angel walked over to them, with big smiles on their faces.

“Hey, what’s up?” Buffy wondered when she saw their expressions.

“I know this isn’t the best time, but I can’t keep it in anymore,” Cordelia stated as her smile seemed to get bigger. “We’re having a baby!” she exclaimed.

The girls were shocked and excited for them.

Buffy smiled and stood up. “Oh my god! You’re totally stealing my thunder,” she said, hugging her friend.

They pulled away after a few seconds.

“Yeah, I couldn’t resist,” Cordelia responded.

Willow and Tara embraced her as well.

Buffy then hugged Angel. “I’m so happy for you guys, but if you hurt her, I will beat you with a shovel,” she told him a little too cheerily.

Angel smiled at her. “I’ll lend you the shovel,” he remarked, which caused Buffy to hug him again.

Spike chose that moment to walk over to them. “Hey, get your own girl.”

Buffy pulled away, but she could tell that he was only teasing. She then told Spike about Cordy being pregnant and a smile formed on his lips.

“Congratulations, Peaches. Didn’t know you had it in you.”

Angel nodded as they shook hands.

Xander and Anya soon came over to join in the good news.

Anya slapped Xander on the head.

He didn’t know what he did this time and just rubbed the spot where she hit him. “What was that for?”

She glared at him. “How come you can’t give me a baby, Harris? We’ve been together longer.”

Xander shrugged. “I didn’t think we were ready for that. I mean, we only graduated from high school a few months ago.”

“Well, I’m ready. Let’s go, we’re making a baby,” she said and pulled him away to find a quiet place.

Buffy shook her head. “I wish him luck with that.”

Spike pulled her closer to him and whispered in her ear. “I’m ready for number two.”

She raised her eyebrows. “Why don’t we see how this one goes first?”

He nodded and started to trail kisses down her neck.

Buffy shivered from his touch, but they were interrupted when someone cleared their throat.

They turned around to see Hank standing there.

Spike pulled away suddenly. “Sorry about that, Mr. Summers.”

Hank only waved his hand in the air. “You’re married now, William. You can call me, Hank. We’re all family here.”

Spike sighed in relief.

Hank then held out his hand to Buffy. “I was hoping I could have this dance.”

Buffy smiled and placed her hand in her father’s, letting him lead her to the dance floor.

They moved to the slow song.

Buffy was again grateful for having her father back in her life. She was glad that he didn’t miss out on her wedding. They still had a lot to make up for, but right now, nothing seemed to matter. She laughed as Hank twirled her around. She couldn’t believe how happy she was. She had her family back and a baby on the way. Not to mention the fact that she had Spike to share everything with. Yeah, life couldn’t possibly get any better than that.