Chapter 5

Buffy got home later that day to hear her sisters arguing, as usual. She rolled her eyes and walked into the kitchen.

"Hey, Mom. How are Rosemary's babies today?"

Joyce glared at her eldest. "Very funny, Buffy."

She shrugged. "I say it with love."

Joyce let out a sigh and decided to change the subject. "Will Spike be coming over for dinner tonight?"

Buffy shook her head. "No, I think he has other plans."

Joyce nodded. "So, did you have a good time last night?"

Buffy nodded as well. "Yeah, it was good. I think I'm gonna lay down for a bit. Have a bad headache," she said and walked out of the kitchen, without waiting for her mother to say anything else. When she got to her room, she lay down on her bed. She realized that it was finally quiet and shut her eyes, only to be woken up by someone pushing her. She groaned and opened her eyes to see her youngest sister staring at her. "What is it?"

"Dawn's being mean to me. Can I stay in here with you?"

Buffy rolled her eyes. "Okay, but only for a little while."

Casey smiled and jumped on her big sister's bed.

Buffy lay back down. "What are you and Dawny fighting about now?"

Casey shrugged. "She's saying I messed with her crayons, but I didn't touch them."

Buffy shook her head. Dawn would constantly blame Casey for everything when most of the time she really didn't do anything. Her sister was a teenager now, so she figured that she got to be more of the boss with Casey. She put her arm around her little sister and pulled her closer. "Don't worry about Dawny, okay? You know she loves you."

Casey nodded and didn't say anything else.

Buffy then smiled and sat up. "You know what time it is?"

The little girl shook her head.

"It's time for this," she said and started to tickle her sister, who burst out laughing. Buffy laughed along with her and soon decided that Casey had enough. "You feel better now?"

She nodded again.

Buffy lay back down.

"Can you tell me the story again?"

Buffy pretended to think about it. "You mean the story about the girl who defeats the monsters?"

Casey had a big smile on her face. "Yeah, I like that story."

Buffy agreed and was about to say something, when a voice in the doorway stopped her.

"Can I hear it, too?"

She smiled when she saw Dawn standing there. "Sure, come on in."

Dawn smiled as well and went to join her sisters on the bed.

They both got more comfortable.

Buffy took a deep breath before she began her story. "There was once a young girl a little older than you," she started and looked at Dawn. "She had the life every girl could dream of. She was pretty, popular, and had lots of friends. One day, the girl met a man and her life changed forever. She was told that she was chosen to face the forces of darkness. At first the girl was really scared and didn't think she could handle this new destiny. That was until she moved to a small town, where monsters took control. She decided right there that she would do whatever she could to rid the world of evil, so there could be nothing but happiness. She fought every night and started to make the town a safer place, but there was one thing missing in her life. She was alone and always wanted someone to share her adventures with, but she knew it would be hard because she wasn't supposed to tell anyone about her secret identity. Until she met a mysterious man one night. Now, he was no ordinary man, but a vampire. They constantly fought, but neither one was able to defeat the other. They were too equally matched. The man soon realized that he didn't want to defeat the girl. He fell in love with her and that changed everything. She didn't want anything to do with him at first, until he saved her life one night. She was very grateful to him after that and decided to give him a chance. They spent years fighting side by side together and soon the girl realized that she loved him, too. They fought together until the town was free of all monsters and was safer for the people that lived there. The girl was happy that she could finally go back to having a normal life, even if her boyfriend happened to be a vampire, but she didn't care because she wasn't alone anymore. They both lived happily ever after and I think you guys are too young to hear about what would happen after that," she finished and noticed that both of her sisters were asleep. She smiled and gave them both a kiss on the forehead, then also drifted off to sleep.