Chapter 6

"There's my favorite girl. Have I told you how gorgeous you look today?"

Buffy raised her eyebrows. "What do you want?"

Spike figured that she would see through that. "Right, nothing gets by you. I need a favor."

Buffy crossed her arms over her chest. "What is it this time? I'm not doing anything illegal for you."

Spike thought about it and then shook his head. "Nothing like that. Snyder caught me smoking again and as punishment, I have to show some new kid around. I really don't have time for that, so I was wondering if you could do it," he said with a pleading smile.

"What makes you think I have the time?"

Spike wasn't about to give up. "Come on, Buffy. You just have to show her around the school, it shouldn't take so long. I just don't wanna deal with some chit right now."

Buffy was about to respond, when an attractive man walked over to them. She couldn't take her eyes off of him.

He gave her a smile and then looked at Spike. "Hey, are you William? Principal Snyder said you would be showing me around."

Spike was confused and shook his head. "This can't be right. I thought he said it was some chit named Angel."

"Yeah, I'm Angel. Don't worry; I get that all the time. So, you’re William?" he wondered again.

"I go by Spike, mate. Look, about me showing you around..." he started, but was cut off by Buffy.

"I'll be doing it," she said, ignoring the look that Spike gave her. "Spike doesn't have the time, so I would be happy to do it. That is, if you don't mind."

Angel looked the girl up and down and let a smile form on his face. "No, I don't mind at all. You free right now?"

Buffy nodded and returned his smile. "Yeah, let's go. I'll see you later, Spike," she said without even bothering to look back at him.

Spike just watched her leave with the other man. "What the bloody hell did I just do?" he said to himself, then felt someone pat him on the back. He looked to see that it was Xander.

"Tough break, man. You thought he was a girl and now you may have set Buffy up with him. That has to suck for you." He laughed and quickly stopped when he noticed the look on Spike's face. He ran his fingers through his hair. "Yeah, well, I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. Buffy probably won't even be interested in him."

Spike sighed and shook his head. He really hoped his friend was right, but he wasn't easily convinced.