Author's Chapter Notes:
Yeah, I know this chapter is really short. Not that the others were that long, either. I do tend to at least have an update every day. Just stick with me and I promise ya’ll won’t regret it=)
Chapter 9

Spike rolled his eyes when he saw Buffy talking to Angel in school the next day. He put on another fake smile and walked over to them.

"Hey, what are we talking about today?"

Buffy shrugged. "Just school stuff," she said and looked away from him.

Spike wondered what that was about. He then grew angry. If she was going to start dating this ponce, the least she could do was tell him about it. Even if he would hate it.

Buffy suddenly smiled and grabbed Angel's hand, pulling him over to another girl that she saw in the distance.

Spike watched and then followed after them.

They stopped in front of the pretty brunette.

"Hey, Cordy. I would like you to meet, Angel. He just moved here. Angel, this is Cordelia," she stated, introducing them to each other.

The other girl gave him a smile. "Hi, it's nice to meet you."

He returned her smile and seemed a little nervous in front of her, but he tried to hide it. "It's nice to meet you, too."

Buffy smiled as well when she noticed the obvious attraction between them. "I'll let you guys talk," she said, moving away from them and back to Spike, who still looked confused.

"Let me get this straight," he started when she walked over to him. "You were trying to set him up with Cordelia?"

Buffy nodded. "He noticed her when I was showing him around and wanted to meet her. I told him she was a friend of mine and that I would introduce them. Don't they look cute together? I should so be a matchmaker, seem to be pretty good at it." She looked at the confusion that was still on Spike’s face. "Are you okay?"

He shook his head. "I don't really understand. I thought you liked him and that he was interested in you, too."

She shrugged. "There was an attraction at first, but that was it. We don't really have a lot in common and we both figured it would be better if we were just friends."

Spike felt relieved. "Oh, well that's great. I mean, they look really great together," he said, referring to Angel and Cordelia, who were now laughing about something.

Buffy smiled when she saw them. "Yeah, mission accomplished. Why didn't you like him, anyway? Was it just because you thought he was interested in me?"

Spike shook his head again. "No, why would that bother me? He's allowed to be interested; I guess I just got a bad vibe from him is all. It's suddenly getting better, though."

Buffy wondered about that. Something was definitely up with Spike, but she figured he would tell her when he was ready.