The young blonde vampire continued to stare out the window mindlessly as she waited for her other companions to arrive back at their mansion. It was a cold February night and even though her body temperature was already cold from being dead, tonight it seemed as though she was colder and the warm fire across the room wasn’t really having much affect on her.

Buffy had this creeping feeling inside her that was gnawing away at her. It’s nothing, she thought to herself, as she stared out into the frosty night, it is probably only my stomach.

It was then that two lazy arms wrapped around her waist, slight startling Buffy. She should’ve known he was there. She wasn’t focusing though, her mind was centered on the feeling her body that made her feel ill.

"You’re back." She stated simply, not turning to look at her sire, just continuing to stare out the slightly frosted window that looked out on to the cobblestone streets of London.

"And you missed all the fun and bloodshed tonight." He chuckled deeply into her ear, letting his icy breath roll down her neck. Buffy shuddered at the stench of his breath; as usual it smelled of ale and several other types of wine.

He always wanted her when he was drunk. With Darla it was always after they had fed, Buffy could always see the passion in their eyes after a good feeding. With Dru it was more like affection you would show for a small child. Dru worshipped the ground he walked on.

"I wasn’t in the mood." Buffy told him as she shrugged away from his grasp and made her way towards the fireplace.

Angelus furrowed his eyebrows at his childe and sauntered over towards her. "What is wrong with you?"

"I don’t feel like it tonight." She whispered; her eyes glued towards the blazing fire, ashamed to find that the flames did not warm her face. "I don’t like it when you’re this way."

Angelus growled with frustration at her. "You know…sometimes I wonder why I ever made you! Because it seems to me that somewhere in that body of yours that you still harbor a soul!"

Buffy’s eyes flashed with anger when she finally turned to look at her sire. "I cannot believe that you-"

"Now, now dear sister. Don’t fight with Daddy." Dru purred from the doorway, interrupting the couple, a gleeful smile on her face. "He’s all lonely tonight. Grandmother wouldn’t touch him."

Buffy only shook her head at the crazed female vampire and quickly snapped her head back towards the roaring fire.

"Don’t worry Dru dear," He told her, walking over towards her and wrapped his arm possessively around her waist. Dru let out a mew of joy and began to nuzzle the side of his face like a small kitten. "She’s just angry because she missed all the action."

"Yes…" Dru giggled with delight, running a finger down Angelus’s face, "my new playmate is lovely. He has pretty eyes like the ocean. I want to swim in them."

A confused look sprung to Buffy’s face and turned to look at the pair. "What’s is she talking about?"

Angelus smirked, looking over at his blonde childe and then moved his attention back over to Dru and pressed a kiss on her forehead. "Dru made a new little friend tonight and by tomorrow night he’ll be one of us."

"What?" Buffy gasped, her soft hazel eyes were wide with surprise. "Sh-she did what? Wh-what happened."

"Oh Buffy sweetie, don’t looked so surprised lover." Angelus snickered at the blonde who had nothing but daggers in her eyes for him. "Don’t worry, Dru did not force the boy. He was emotionally unbalanced."

"My poor little ocean had his heart stepped on by a nasty girl." Dru huffed and leaned her head on Angelus’s shoulder while his arm remained possessively around her waist. "But mummy is going to take care of ‘im now. No more nasty girl."





~*~





Buffy pulled her black shawl tightly around her as the four of them made their way through the tombstone’s in the London cemetery. After hearing the news of Dru making herself a childe, she wasn’t able to sleep the whole day.

Reluctantly she turned to look at Darla who was walking in step beside her while Angelus and Dru were walking ahead of them.

"I can feel that this one is going to be trouble." Darla spoke; her eyes focused on Angelus’s back as they continued to make their way through the vacant cemetery.

"Oh." Buffy slightly nodded her head. Obviously, Darla wasn’t too pleased about this whole situation. But Buffy didn’t know what to make of it. She wasn’t there when it happened and she sort of wished she had been. She didn’t like not knowing things.

Suddenly both of the blonde vampires stopped dead in their tracks when they finally reached the tombstone marked with the new fledgling’s name. Buffy slightly smiled as she read the name on the stone, William, she thought in her head pleasantly, what a gentle name.

"It’s almost time…" Dru giggled as she began to jump up and down excitedly, "my lovely pet is coming to me. He shall wake soon."





~*~





Blue eyes flew open quickly. The young man darted his eyes around at his surroundings. Everything was cramped and tight. He didn’t like it. Where was he? What happened? Suddenly, flashes of the night before ran through his mind. He remembered the woman sucking the life out of him and then the…blood.

"Oh God." He gasped as he finally realized where he was and began to panic. Letting out small cries of pain and fright. The young man began to claw everything in the coffin, trying to get out. He felt immense hunger rise to the pit of his stomach when blood began to seep through the skin of his knuckles.

Frustrated with himself, William began to scream at the top of his lungs.



To be Continued…