“Hi Spikey,” Mocked Buffy emerging from her circle of friends “what brings you here?” she asked innocently, grinning when she heard giggles from behind Spike and his ‘goons’.


“Hi Spike, love the baby you, you were so cute!” A girl said through her laughter.


She held up one of the many posters around the school, There was a little chubby boy sitting naked in the bath holding up a rubber duck and wearing the goofiest grin that could rival even Xanders.


He had dirty blonde hair and had the curliest of curly hair, but what stood out was the ocean blue eyes that you could see a mile off.


In other words he looked totally different from the platinum white hair, monotonous Black and red clothes and the chipped nail varnish that the toughest boy in school was so popularly associated with.


It humiliated him and damaged his reputation he worked so hard to keep.


His mates all gave sniggers that were muffled with their hands or disguised as coughs.


Spike only frowned at them and turned back to Buffy and her friends.


“If you wanna see cute you should see Buffy as a toddler, now she was such a luv” He said to her friends and smirked when the girl gang gave a gasp, all the girls knew Buffy didn’t look her best when she was a little girl. All the boys nodded enthusiastically and began to egg Spike on.


“ I have to agree, you are kinda cute……in a geeky kind of way I suppose,” Buffy shot back, trying to get the upper hand back.” And look at that chubby body. Ahhhhh”


All Spike wanted was an apology, just two measly words that Buffy was incapable of saying. He would leave her alone if she did, but he already knew that miss high and mighty would never lower herself to apologise when she was wrong, and especially not to him.


This angered him, but most of all it hurt him beyond the telling of it. How could his love and best friend ever turn out to hate his guts so much. All he did was love her, It wasn’t his fault he couldn’t hide it well enough.


He could tell Buffy had saw the pain in his eyes and gave him a questioning look.



She was about to step forward, give him a hug and whisper an apology in his ear when his eyes burned with hatred towards her. He walked up to her so he was towering over her in a threatening way. He leaned down making his lips graze the side of her face


“Well since you put posters up all over the school of me ill have to return the gesture. Don’t you think?” He asked Buffy


Buffys face darkened, she crossed her arms and her eyes blazed with defiance, he could see she wasn’t backing down any time soon. What Spike didn’t know is that she knew he would leave her alone if she said sorry, and that’s what terrified her.


She was so used to people leaving her that she would do anything to keep the one person that had at least remained near her throughout life. She would rather have him as an enemy than not at all, even if it did hurt to see the hate and disgust in his eyes every time she looked at him.


Buffy wasn’t about to back down, he probably couldn’t humiliate her any more than he already had over the years. She knew she deserved this though because she started the insults and humiliating moments
That would make them want the floor to swallow them up.


“Spike, what do you want me to say?” Buffy asked getting annoyed


“Sorry” He replied simply


“No” she answered


“No? Just no?” He questioned in disbelief


“ Why should I say sorry?” She retorted


“BECAUSE YOU JUST CRASHED MY IMAGE INTO A 1000 PIECES. THAT’S WHY” He yelled getting hysterical from the pressure.


“I would like to point out how much I don’t care” Buffy said crossing her arms


“You know how much time and effort it took me to gain my rep, and just like that you destroy it” He pleading with his eyes for her to see sense and say sorry.



She hesitated with her next words debating whether to say sorry or not. Hope entered Spikes eyes as they locked on hers and she felt as if he could see right into her soul, it made her nervous making her look away. Buffy looked behind her to her friends who all wore expectant expressions on their face, and turned back to Spike.


“I…I’m..not sorry” she finally managed