Buffy heard a crash outside and rushed to the window. Not remembering that she was in only a bra at the time she was shocked by the assault of cold air against her naked flesh. As she looked beneath her window she let out a loud giggle as she saw Spike had obviously fallen out of the tree outside her window and landed on his face with his butt in the air and one foot still stuck on a branch. Buffy was caught up in a fit of laughter as she replaced her bloodstained shirt and headed outside to be greeted by a spitting and cursing Spike.
“Bloody hell, Slayer I don’t need anyone’s fucking help I can get down from here just fine on my on,” screamed Spike as Buffy rushed to help him, still laughing.
“Fine then, I’d love to see this,” was the cocky Slayer’s sarcastic remark.
Buffy watched with amusement as the vampire fumbled and fell until he finally got himself untied from the tree.
“That’s a bloody stupid place to have a tree, Summers,” came Spike’s rationalization of the situation, “A bloke could kill himself falling on one of those branches.”
“Damn my bad luck, your still alive,” She threw over her shoulder as she headed back into her abode.
“Well, you know, I'm not really feeling too well, and you could give me a place to stay, as I'm not completely sure that I can make it home,” Spike said as he limped after her.
Buffy turned around to assess any real damage that Spike had acquired in his unfortunate run-in with the tree. A few scratches had appeared around his leg and she was sure that his tailbone was fractured, but she just couldn't resist seeing his reaction at her “testing” to make sure. Smiling, Buffy reached behind Spike and playfully grabbed his ass.
“Hey, watch it, Slayer, that hurts a bit at the moment and you have no right to be back there in the first place, anyways,” yipped Spike as he jumped at her touch.
“I’m making sure that your tailbone isn’t broken, you pussy.”
“Yeah, well keep away from me kibbles and bits, okay.”
Buffy couldn't help but laugh at his childish description of his genitalia, as he caressed his broken butt. All Buffy could do was laugh and feel sorry for him as she invited him in so that she could nurse him back to health over night.
Once she had Spike positioned on the couch with a warm cup of blood in his hands she ventured to ask, “By the way, what were you doing in that tree?”
“Stalking you,” Spike said truthfully although Buffy took it as a joke.
“Ah, well I don’t think that will sit too well with Riley,” Said Buffy thoughtfully.
“Like I care what that ponce thinks of me, I could kill him in a heartbeat, his of course, seeing as I am sans one”
“You couldn’t do anything to him with that chip in your head, as long as it’s there you, my love, are flaccid”
“What did you just call me?” said Spike suddenly as he had noticed her calling him her love.
“What, I didn’t call you anything”
“Yes, you did you called me your love”
“No I didn’t”
“Yes you did”
“Prove it”
“Fine, how’s this,” suddenly, not realizing what he was doing, Spike leaned in towards Buffy and kissed her. Without either one of the two lovers noticing, at the very moment their lips met, the door opened and the last person either of them wanted to see walked through the door.
“Hey Babe, I thought maybe we could go see a mov-” Riley stopped mid-sentence when he saw his one and only in the arms of another man-no a vampire.