The first thing Spike noticed when he regained consciousness was that he was no longer in the arms of Buffy; obviously she went after captain cardboard, was all he could think. Slowly and painfully Spike lifted himself up into a sitting position to assess the damage done to his self. Not too bad. Her boy sure did a nice job on me ankle, though.
Suddenly Spike heard the front door slam open and Riley stormed through the door, “Spike!!”
“Spike I need your help and I don’t need any of your smart-ass comments, Buffy’s been hurt and the only way to save her is if you sire her.” Ordered Riley not waiting for an answer before he shoved Buffy’s now limp body into Spike’s waiting arms.
“Wait just a minute, are you sure you can’t save her, and what happened?!” came Spike’s response to Riley’s rushed statement.
“There’s no time to explain, just bite her!”
“Okay, your mistake” said Spike nonchalantly as he swapped his face and sunk his fangs into the blonde beauty before him. Her blood was more powerful than any slayer he had ever known. It was more than slayer’s blood, it was human, it was female, it was hers. It took all of his strength to pull away and he used one fang to slit a tiny cut on his wrist. Softly and gently he brought it to her lips and whispered, “Drink”