It took a moment for Spike to realize what he had done. It’s not that he had never sired anyone before, no he had sired plenty of terrible vampires in his time, but he realized that he had just sired a slayer. His slayer. What had motivated him to do this? What? As much as he wanted to deny it he did it for selfish reasons. He knew that there was a great link between sire and childe. He wanted him and her to be like he and Drusilla had been. Without all the crazy.
Spike licked the blood from his lips and looked down at the pale figure in his arms. A pang of emotion shot through him. He felt love for Buffy, he felt guilt for all the pain he had caused her. Suddenly he felt jealousy and anger towards Riley. He had let this happen to her. She wouldn’t be hurt, she wouldn’t be dead, she wouldn’t be here if he had just been a bit more careful. And with everything that he has done to her things so much worse than anything Spike had ever done, she still stayed with him the whole time.
Spike gently repositioned the soon to be fledgling on the couch next to him and turned to the person responsible for all of this, “Now, tell me EXACTLY what happened!” screamed Spike with a rage and anger that he had kept pent up inside for all this time.
“I… She…” stuttered Riley, trying to decide what to say, “I thought…I thought she was another vampire, so…so I was going to cut her head off…then I…I realized just in time that she wasn’t a vampire…but I didn’t manage fast enough and…and I… I sliced her across the throat.”
At hearing this Spike was filled with strength fuelled by vengeance for the only person he had ever-EVER-loved. He lounged towards Riley and grabbed him by the throat. “Get out,” he said with the calmest voice he could muster.
“But I…” Riley choked out, losing oxygen as he tried to speak.
“OUT!!!” Spike screamed and threw Riley towards the door.
Not wanting to enrage Spike anymore, Riley headed out of the door and towards the only person who could help him now.