Chapter 12

Spike took a deep breath before knocking on the door. He didn't even know if she would be there. He waited a few seconds before the door opened to reveal Clara in some skimpy lingerie. Did she have to open the door dressed like that? He then banished all of his thoughts and looked at her face. "Spike, what brings you here?" He just walked by her into the house and she closed the door behind him.

"I need to talk to you." Clara smiled at him.

"What, you come to ask me to take you back? I knew it would happen eventually, it's a shame that I'm waiting for someone right now. Maybe we can have some fun later." She told him in a seductive tone.

"That's not why I'm here, Clara. I want to know what you told Buffy." Clara rolled her eyes.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Spike sighed.

"She was acting weird with me today and I know you had something to do with it." Clara walked closer to him. She pushed him up against the door and leaned in. She rubbed against him and nibbled on his ear. Spike closed his eyes until he realized what was happening and who was doing it. He grabbed both of her wrists and pushed her away. "That's not going to happen. I want to know what you said to her." Clara rolled her eyes again and walked away from him.

"I just told the little girl that it's hopeless. That you could never be interested in someone like her and that you would come back to me. I was only speaking the truth." Spike glared at her.

"That is not the truth and you know it. God, do you love to make my life a living hell? Is that your big plan?" Clara shrugged.

"I don't know why you're so upset." Spike grabbed her by the shoulders.

"I'll tell you why then. I really like that girl, more than I ever liked you or anyone for that matter and now you probably ruined any chance I might have had with her. She's out with jock boy now because of you." Clara smiled at him.

"Are you talking about Ben? I heard him talking to his friends today about getting lucky with some girl tonight, I had no idea he was talking about your little friend. What are the odds?" Spike didn't like what he was hearing.

"What else did he say?" Clara shrugged again.

"Just that they were going to the Bronze to have some fun. I'm guessing you know what he means by fun. It looks like Betty might not be a virgin after tonight. I never knew she had it in her." That was all he needed to hear as Spike then ran out of her house and headed to the Bronze. He had to find her.


* * * * *


Spike looked everywhere for Buffy inside of the Bronze, but he couldn't find her anywhere. He even asked anyone if they saw her, but they either didn't or they didn't care. Spike was hoping that she realized what Ben really had planned and she went home. He was about to head home himself when he heard a commotion coming from the alley behind the Bronze. Spike decided to check it out. "Let me go!" He heard a girl say and when he got closer he realized it was Buffy. Spike saw Ben push her hard against the wall and pin her hands over her head.

"Shh, it'll be over fast. You won't feel a thing." Spike saw the tears coming down Buffy's face and he was pissed off as he ran to Ben and grabbed him by his jacket, throwing him against the other wall and away from her.

"I don't believe the lady wants you to touch her, pillock." Ben glared at him and stood up.

"This doesn't concern you. Why don't you take a hike?" Spike got mad and grabbed Ben by his precious jacket again.

"If it concerns her, then it concerns me. Get out of here and if you ever come near her again, you will regret it." He said as he let Ben go and then he turned his attention back to Buffy who still seemed to be shaken up. "Are you okay?" He asked her in a soothing tone and she looked at him and nodded. She then turned her gaze to Ben and her face changed to one of anger as he stood up. She walked over to him and without even thinking about it, she punched him hard in the face knocking him back to the ground. He put his hand to his eye where she hit him and looked up at her.

"A little piece of advice, Ben. When a girl says no, she means no." Buffy said as she turned back to Spike who had a surprised look on his face. "Did you see that? I actually hit him. That felt good and ow." She said as she held up her hand. "That really does hurt." Spike smiled at her and took her other hand.

"Come on, pet. Let's get you home." He sent one more glare at Ben before he pulled Buffy out of the alley. Buffy's mood changed on the walk to her house. She wasn't smiling and she was being too quiet. They were now standing in front of her door. "Come on, Buffy. The silence is driving me crazy, please say something." Buffy looked up at him and he noticed that she had tears in her eyes again.

"Aren't you going to say I told you so?" Spike shook his head.

"I don't need to say that. I'm just glad you're okay." He told her.

"I'm sorry I didn't listen to you. I guess I was just mad with you and I wasn't thinking straight. I was so stupid to go out with Ben. I thought he actually liked me, but I guess I was wrong. I should have known that it's not possible for someone to like me." Buffy said as she looked away from him. Spike put his finger under her chin and raised her head, so she was looking at him.

"Hey, of course it's possible. Ben is just a ponce, he doesn't count. Do you have any idea how beautiful you are, Buffy? I've seen it, inside and out and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You are a beautiful, strong, amazing person and it's important that you believe that because I sure as hell do." Buffy had more tears coming down her face and he wiped them away, he wasn't finished yet. "Whatever Clara told you wasn't true. Don't listen to anything she says, she doesn't know you. To be honest, I think she's jealous of you and she has every right to be. You're so much better than her and she knows it." Buffy laughed a little as the tears continued to fall. "Get some sleep, sweetheart. You've had a hard day." She nodded and Spike kissed her on the forehead. "I'll see you tomorrow." He told her before he walked away from the house. She watched him go and then walked into her house with a smile on her face.