Chapter 13

A few days went by since the incident with Ben and Buffy and Spike have gotten closer, but they still haven't done anything. Spike has been hanging out with Buffy and her friends more and he didn't seem to care. Xander heard about Spike helping Buffy out with Ben and he decided to give him a chance again. Spike figured that Willow talked to him, but it didn't matter. It just felt good having his old friends back. They were all sitting at lunch and talking when Spike saw Ben in the distance with his jock friends. He smiled and looked at Buffy. "Have I told you how much I love that shiner you gave him?" Buffy smiled back at him.

"A few times, it was nothing." She said.

"It was hardly nothing, Buff. I still wish I could have been there to see that. You know I heard him tell his friends that he was attacked by a really big guy outside of the Bronze. Yeah, he wishes." Xander said and Buffy smiled again. They were all talking when Faith walked over to them. Spike along with everyone else looked at her.

"Hey, can I sit with you guys?" Spike smiled at her and Willow nodded.

"Sure, there's plenty of room." She said and Faith gave her a smile and sat down next to Spike. The popular group was surprised when Spike started hanging out with them and now Faith, but they never said anything about it. Clara kept sending glares their way every chance she got, but they never noticed or they just didn't care. She started dating Ben and Spike caught them making out in the halls a few times and it didn't even bother him. They deserved each other. Buffy was putting her books away in her locker when she turned around and was face to face with Clara. Buffy rolled her eyes and the other girl just gave her a look of hatred.

"Well, I guess you think you won." Buffy walked by her.

"I was never in competition with you." Clara was mad and grabbed Buffy's arm to stop her.

"Spike will come back to me. It's only a matter of time and when he does, I'll get to dump him again and this time make it ten times worse. I have a better boyfriend now and I wouldn't mind rubbing that in Spike's face. You had your chance with Ben and you blew it. You really are a freak, you know that?" Buffy just shrugged.

"Yeah, I guess I am. So, it might not be good for you to be socializing with a freak. What would your friends think?" Clara crossed her arms over her chest.

"Do you really think that Spike would want you? You don't have anything to offer him." Spike was standing close by listening to what was going on and when Clara said that, he realized he had enough. He walked over to them with a smile on his face.

"Hey, there you are." Spike said to Buffy as he grabbed her gently and kissed her on the lips. Buffy was taken by surprise, but then started to kiss him back. Clara just stared at them with her mouth open not believing what she was seeing. Spike broke the kiss because they both needed to breathe and then turned to Clara. "Oh, I didn't see you there." She just glared at him.

"You are both freaks and you deserve each other. I know you still love me, Spike. I want you to know that when you decide that you want me back it won't happen, especially not after your lips have touched hers." Spike walked closer to her with a scowl on his face.

"Get this through your thick skull, Clara. I will never want you back. I realize that I never loved you. How could I love such a heartless bitch like you? I'm better than that." He told her as he then pointed to Buffy and continued his speech. "I'm in love with her and you are just going to have to accept that. Go back to your little boy toy, it's over." Buffy now had a surprised look on her face. She never thought that Spike was in love with her. He put his arm around Buffy and they both walked away leaving Clara to stare after them wondering what just happened. Faith was standing nearby with a smile on her face. Spike saw her and knew that she heard everything. He walked over to her and Faith held her hand up. Spike smiled and gave her a high five. Buffy smiled also when Faith then turned her attention to Clara who was still standing there looking surprised.

"See you around, skank." Faith said to her as she gave her the finger and then walked away with Buffy and Spike.