Chapter 4

Giles went to the stacks to put some books away while Spike walked over to Buffy. He sat down next to her and she didn't even look up at him. "So, how do you like it here so far?" He said trying to make conversation. He had to get her to talk somehow. All she did was shrug and she still didn't look at him. He then decided to take a risk and he put his finger under her chin and lifted her head up, so she was looking at him. It was then that he really looked at her and saw how beautiful she was. She wasn't wearing any makeup, but she was one of those girls that had natural beauty and didn't need any. "It's not so hard to make eye contact." He said when he dropped his finger and to his surprise, she didn't put her head back down. "You have very pretty eyes, love." He noticed her blush a little at the comment, but she still remained quiet. He was about to say something else when the doors to the library opened and Jenny walked in. When Buffy saw her, she got up and walked over to her giving the other woman a hug. Jenny hugged her back and smiled at the girl.

"You didn't miss me that much, did you?" Buffy nodded as she pulled away. Jenny looked at her and tucked a lock of hair behind her ear. "How was your day, honey?" Buffy just shrugged as she went back to the table to get her backpack. Giles came back down from the stacks and smiled at Jenny.

"Hello, Jenny. How was your day?" He asked her and she returned his smile.

"Tiring, but I love to teach." Giles nodded.

"This is my nephew, William." He said as Spike stood up.

"Yes, I believe I have William for my 3rd period. How was your nap today?" Giles turned his gaze on Spike and he looked caught.

"Right, didn't get much sleep last night." Jenny nodded.

"Don't worry, it's understandable." Buffy walked back to Jenny and she put her arm around the girl. "Well, I guess we better get going now. I'll see you gentlemen tomorrow." Jenny said as they both nodded and she then walked out of the library with Buffy by her side.

"You were sleeping in class again?" Giles asked Spike when they were both alone and he shrugged.

"I was bored." Giles rolled his eyes.

"That is not the point; you have to stop making a habit of this. Your grades are slipping which is ridiculous because I know how smart you can be. You have to try to make more of an effort, William. You have to be a better influence for Dawn. You know how much she looks up to you." Spike sighed and rubbed his eyes. It wasn't fair when his uncle played the sister card.

"I'll see what I can do, but again I'm not making any promises." Spike headed to the front of the library and turned back to Giles before he walked out. "By the way, I'm going out with Faith tonight, so I'll be home late. Don't wait up." With that said, he walked out of the library leaving Giles to stare after him. He really didn't know what he was going to do with that boy.