Chapter 8

A few more weeks went by and Buffy has been doing better. Everyone was so surprised that she was talking and they were shocked that Spike was the one that brought it out of her. She has been a little more confident lately even though some of her shyness was still there, especially around Spike. She has also been dressing better and decided that she preferred having her hair down. She still never wore a lot of make up though. She would mainly only put on some lip gloss which was all she really needed anyway. Spike was sitting at his usual table at lunch while he was watching Buffy laugh with Willow and Xander. He saw that Cordelia and Oz were there also. She seemed to be getting along well with all of them. He would have given anything to be sitting over there, but he knew he couldn't. He was pulled out of his thoughts by a voice. "You have it bad, Spike. If you stare at her any harder your eyes will fall out." Angel told him.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Spike replied and Angel rolled his eyes.

"Look how much she has changed since she got here. You are mostly responsible for that, so don't tell me that you're not interested in her." Spike shrugged.

"I'm not, we're just friends." Angel wasn't convinced.

"Yeah, sure you are. You better make a move while you still can, Spike. She won't be single much longer." Spike glared at his friend.

"Why, do you want her?" Angel laughed at that.

"No, I'm not who you should be worrying about. I have a girlfriend incase you forgot. I'm talking about Benny over there." Angel said as he pointed to a dark haired boy in the distance. "I've caught him looking at her a lot. You may have some competition." Spike looked at Ben also and noticed that he was talking to his jock friends and a few times he caught the boy's gaze on Buffy. Spike clenched his fists at his side, he felt like ripping his head off. He didn't even understand why he felt so jealous, but he was and he hated it. Darla then walked over to them and put her arm around Angel.

"Come on, baby. Let's get out of here." Angel smiled at his girlfriend and stood up.

"Keep in mind what we talked about." He told Spike before he walked away with Darla. Spike sighed as he was left alone at the table with Faith who has been quiet the whole time. Spike caught her staring at him and got a little irritated.

"What?" He asked her and she smiled at him.

"Do you really like her?" Spike sighed and rubbed his face.

"Why does everyone think that?" Faith shrugged and then got serious.

"Well, let's just say that I have never seen you look at anyone like that before. Maybe Angel's right, you should do something before it's too late. I mean I have to admit, the girl is pretty hot. I guess that's not exactly helping though, is it?" Spike just shook his head. "Right, but I meant what I said. Before that I mean, just think about it. I'll see you later." She told him as she got up and walked away. Spike watched her go and then looked back at Buffy. There was no doubt about it, she was very beautiful. He thought so the first time he saw her. There was just something about her that seemed so different from the other girls. He was about to get up and talk to her when he saw Ben make his way over to her and sit down next to her. He whispered something in her ear that made her laugh. Spike shot daggers at the jock and clenched his fists again. Alright, that does it. There was no way he was going to lose Buffy to that oaf. He usually got what he wanted and right now he wanted her. No one was going to stand in his way. For once Spike didn't give a damn about his reputation, she meant more to him and he didn't care what anyone else would think about it.