Chapter 9

They were all at the Bronze later that night. It was Buffy's first time going to the club. She really liked what she saw so far. She was sitting at a table with Willow, Xander, and Cordelia. Oz was on the stage with his band. Willow really loved watching him play, you could tell by the look on her face. They finished their set and Oz then joined them at the table. Willow hugged her boyfriend when he came over to them. "You guys sounded great." She told him.

"Well, we try." A new band came on the stage and they started to play a slow song. Xander and Cordelia walked out on the dance floor and Willow turned to look at Buffy.

"Will you be okay by yourself?" Buffy nodded.

"Yeah, I'll be fine." Willow nodded also and then walked with Oz on to the dance floor. Buffy watched them dance and she felt a little sad. She really liked all of them, but she always seemed like the 5th wheel. They were all paired up and she was always hanging out by herself. She was torn out of her thoughts when she felt someone behind her.

"Care to dance?" She looked up at the familiar voice and smiled when she saw Spike. All she did was nod as he took her hand and led her to the dance floor. Spike wrapped his arms around her and she rested her head on his chest as they moved to the song. She loved the feel of his arms around her. She had a huge crush on him, but she didn't think that he thought of her like that. He probably just felt bad that she was by herself and was only being nice. Spike inhaled her scent. She always smelled really good. She fit perfectly in his arms, like she was made for him. Her hair was curled tonight and she was wearing a red halter top with a black skirt. She was definitely coming out of her shell. Two girls were watching them in the distance and one of them had a disgusted look on her face.

"Oh my god! Isn't that Spike dancing with that Buffy girl?" Rachel asked looking at the couple on the dance floor.

"I don't believe this. What the hell is he doing with her?" Clara stated upset and Rachel shrugged.

"I don't know, maybe he feels sorry for her or something. Why do you care anyway? You dumped him." Clara glared at her air headed friend.

"Yeah, which means he should be somewhere by himself feeling miserable because I let him go. He shouldn't be dancing with that freak for the whole world to see. It takes guys a long time to get over me and he shouldn't be an exception." She said.

"So, what do you wanna do?" Rachel asked and Clara stood up.

"I'm getting out of here. I'll deal with him later." She walked away leaving Rachel to stare after her. "You coming?" Rachel then got up and followed Clara out of the club. Things weren't pretty when she got like that.