Chapter 2

Buffy walked out of her class and looked at her schedule to find out where her next class was. She wasn't watching where she was going and crashed into someone causing her to fall to the floor. "Sorry about that, love. You okay?" She looked up at the voice to see a bleached blonde man in a long leather duster. She thought it was a bit too hot out to be wearing that. She nodded and stood up. He saw that she dropped her schedule and he bent down to pick it up for her. "Here, you dropped this." He said as he handed it to her. She took it from him and then walked by him without even looking back. Spike just stared after her wondering what was up with the new girl.


* * * * *


Spike headed to his usual table in the cafeteria at lunchtime to see that everyone was there. He really wasn't in the mood to deal with any of his friends today, but he had nowhere else to sit. He sat down next to Faith because he wanted to avoid being near Clara. He has been trying to avoid her as best he could ever since she broke up with him. Faith saw the look on her friend's face. "You okay?" She asked and all he did was nod. Spike noticed that Angel and Darla were busy making out again, so they weren’t paying much attention to him. Spike rubbed his face wishing that he was anywhere else. Clara was talking to her best friend, Rachel and they were laughing about something. Spike couldn't resist eavesdropping a little on the conversation.

"I mean what is her deal, talk about a real weirdo." He heard Clara say and Rachel laughed.

"What are you talking about?" Faith asked them, even though she could care less. They then turned to look at her.

"The new girl, have you seen her? She is way weird. I have her for Math and she just sits in the back of the room and doesn't even look at anyone. I think she's mute or maybe even deaf. God, they'll let anyone into this school. I think her name is Buffy or something like that. What kinda name is that anyway, parents must have been hippies like Rosenberg's. As if we didn't have enough freaks in this school already." Clara stated and Rachel laughed again. Spike rolled his eyes. That girl agreed with everything Clara said, bloody bint needed to get a mind of her own. Faith didn't say anything, just gave them the evil eye which they didn't even notice. She couldn't believe that she hung out with Clara, the girl was a total bitch and she didn't know how Spike could even date her. She felt bad that he was dumped, but she was glad that he wasn't with her anymore. He could do so much better. Spike looked around the cafeteria and he saw the blonde girl sitting by herself. He now knew that her name was Buffy. It was a little weird, but not a bad name. He then saw Willow along with her other friends sit by Buffy. Of course they would want to welcome her. He sighed as he watched them. Sometimes he missed hanging out with them, but he was afraid of being a loser again and he couldn't go back to that. Lunch ended and everyone headed back to their classes. Willow then walked over to him after everyone else left.

"He wants to see you in the library after school. I don't even know what you did this time, Spike." He sighed and looked at her.

"I didn't do a bloody thing." Willow shrugged.

"Well, good luck with whatever it is." She said before she headed back to class. Spike sighed again and went to class also. He wondered what the old man wanted this time.