Home
Register
Recent
Categories
Authors
Series
Titles
Completed
Help
Search
Betas
Links
Find-A-Fic
Spuffy Twitter
LiveJournal
Top 10
Contact Us


RSS

Chit-Chat

Pari
12/08/23 10:15 pm
Thank you nmcil :)
nmcil
12/03/23 05:03 am
Congratulations and Thank You for all the years of your wonderful site.
Pari
10/26/23 05:23 pm
Also, the search link is in the menu on other Skins. I will add it to this one ASAP
Pari
10/26/23 05:12 pm
Can add /search.php to url. I will add it to menu as soon as I can

Support

Powered by FundRazr

Author's Corner

Wedding Propositions by smg fan


This Has been viewed 5782 times

Chapter Notes: Ok, here's the newest addition. I personally like this chapter but I'm kinda insecure about it so please review.
Chapter 4: By the light of the moon


“Would you like some champagne?”

Buffy turned to look at Spike who was currently sitting beside her. They were already about half an hour into the flight and there had been complete silence other than the plane itself. She had busied herself by looking at the Ocean below, even though it was pitch black, the light from the moon occasionally hit the water at the right angle and she was able to see it shimmering and moving. She had also been sitting there the entire time asking herself why she had agreed to this, and feeling like she wanted to go home.

Didn’t most women and teenage girls dream about something romantic happening to them like this? Dream about it so hard that sometimes it hurt because things like this would never happen to them? She used to, until she had been disappointed so many times, one of which she had been tricked into believing that something romantic was happening to her, an ordinary girl, but the next morning the guy wasn’t the same. In fact he was already flirting with other girls on campus. That was more than likely the reason why she didn’t believe in that sort of thing anymore, pure and simple, disappointment. So now she couldn’t help but think that it was all just being wasted on her.

“Yeah, sure.” She took the small glass and stared at the golden liquid swirling inside. Usually she wasn’t a drinker, Buffy and alcohol were two very un-mixy things. ‘ It’s not like I’m going to drink the whole bottle or anything.’

She took a sip of the champagne. “ So, won’t your family expect me to know something about you, seeing as how we’re dating and all. Or do you just have girlfriends for one thing only…” She stared at him blankly although she had been dead serious. She wouldn’t have been surprised if he didn’t bother to find out anything about his girlfriends either.

To her astonishment he just chuckled. “Yeah pet, I wager they would expect you to know something about me. What do you want to know?”

“Well, nothing really. But since I guess I should know some things, how about how you got to be the owner of a successful company?” Her eyes went wide. Wow, she didn’t hide that she didn’t like him very much but that came out harsher than even she had intended. “I’m sorry I didn’t…”

“Hey, no apologies now. Makes me think you’re going soft on me. Wouldn’t want that, would we now?” He smirked as she blushed, knowing it was a rare occurrence and continued to talk. “Well, it was a little more straightforward than I’d have imagined your first question. Was thinking more along the lines of ‘what’s your favorite color’ or ‘did you eat glue as a kid’.”

Buffy laughed. “Pfft, that’s too easy. Your favorite color is black, even though it’s actually a shade. And what kind of a question is ‘did you eat glue as a kid?” She giggled again, then suddenly turned serious. “ Did you?”

“ NO! I was just giving an example, pet.”

Buffy looked at him pout. ‘ Wow, I didn’t know grown men could pout... Wait no, not going there.’ “Looks like someone answered a little too quickly.” She laughed.

Spike just ignored her and went to answer her original question. At least it looked like she was having fun. “Well, me and my mum and da’ came here when I was only fourteen. To give you the quick version, my mum was diagnosed with cancer and died when I was about 19, and soon after, my da’ died after going into severe depression. So, basically I took over the business he started when I was only 21.”

Buffy just stared at him, wanting to bang her head against something hard. ‘Leave it to me to bring up something like this. God, I may not like the guy but now I feel like a major bitch.’ “Look, I’m really sorry for bringing that up. I didn’t mean to make you talk about something you didn’t want to.”

“ S’ all right luv, it was a while back now. And it’s not like you knew any of this anyway so you can’t blame yourself.” He gave her a gentle smile. “ What else would you like to know?”

“I was thinking of sticking to the basics now,” Buffy said still feeling horrible as she slumped lower in her seat.

Spike chuckled. “Ok, might as well tell you who are going to be there. Chris is my cousin, the one who’s getting married and Emma is his fiancé. You’ll recognize Ellen right away because she’s pregnant and her husband is Nick. Let’s see, Giles is my uncle and Wesley is my other closest cousin. Hmm, think you’ll meet them all, no sense in naming everyone else.” Buffy nodded.

“Do you sleep with girls on first dates?” She blurted out making Spike nearly choke to death on the champagne he had been drinking. After he finished coughing he just sat back and looked at her questioningly.

“Excuse me?”

‘ Yeah, could imagine how that wouldn’t sound too good if I were him…’ “NO! No, I didn’t mean…aww jeez.” Buffy sighed, hitting her head against the back of the seat, which was no good because it was cushioned. “I just mean that you can tell a lot about a person by the answer to that question.”

Buffy watched as he tilted his head to the side examining her curiously. “How so, pet?”

“Well, first off, my name is still Buffy. It hasn’t changed since that last time I told you that. And to answer your question, guys who sleep with girls on their first dates are either just in it for the sex or they are the type of guys who tend to rush into things and have a little bit of a rough edge but are very passionate. Usually they’re just big softies on the inside. And guys who don’t sleep with girls on first dates are the opposite, see? They tend to be thinkers, on occasion the silent type but when they do get involved it’s because they have true feelings for the other person.” Buffy put her glass of champagne down once it was empty and put her hands on her lap.

“Of course that’s just my twisted mind.” She giggled nervously.

“Wow. Did you train to be a psychiatrist or something?” Spike just stared at her in awe. There really was more to this girl than how she looked and acted.

She looked down. The carpet (yes there was a carpet on the plane) was suddenly the most interesting thing she’d ever seen. “No, I uh… I don’t know exactly how I know this stuff, it’s just kind of there. Of course it could help that my best friend is super smart. Must have rubbed off on me a little.” She smiled looking back up.

“So if girls sleep with guys on their first dates they have the same kind of personality?”

“No, then they’re just slutty.” Buffy laughed at the expression on his face. “I’m joking, Spike.” She stopped laughing abruptly and frowned.

Spike frowned and leaned forward in his seat. “What’s wrong?”

The blonde just shook her head, her hair swaying from side to side. “Nothing, it’s just…” She tilted her head and stared at him. “It feels kind of weird calling you Spike. For some reason.”

Spike chuckled. “You can call me William then.” She smiled. “As long as…”

‘ Here it comes…’ She thought.

“I can call you pet, luv, and any other pet names I like.”

The smiled returned to Buffy’s face. Hey, it wouldn’t be so bad getting called all those things as long as she didn’t have to call him Spike.

“Deal.”