Home
Register
Recent
Categories
Authors
Series
Titles
Completed
Help
Search
Betas
Links
Find-A-Fic
Spuffy Twitter
LiveJournal
Top 10
Contact Us


RSS

Chit-Chat

Pari
12/08/23 10:15 pm
Thank you nmcil :)
nmcil
12/03/23 05:03 am
Congratulations and Thank You for all the years of your wonderful site.
Pari
10/26/23 05:23 pm
Also, the search link is in the menu on other Skins. I will add it to this one ASAP
Pari
10/26/23 05:12 pm
Can add /search.php to url. I will add it to menu as soon as I can

Support

Powered by FundRazr

Author's Corner

Prime by Bloody_Hell


This Has been viewed 2204 times

Chapter Notes: sorry it's been so long suuuuper busy lately but i had a bit of a muse today to write this chapter and a little more on some other stories. hope you like...let me know if i should keep going or if anyone is still reading.
Chapter 5: Guess Who’s Coming To Dinner?

“You don’t have to worry about a thing, Buffy. My parents are great and they’re gonna love you.” Just like I’m starting to. Spike said to himself. They had just pulled up into the driveway of his parents’ house. His mother had suggested to bring her to the beach house for the view was much better than one of the city. Spike agreed, knowing that the beach scene would put Buffy more at ease, and then after dinner was through they could go for a little walk just the two of them.

Buffy wrung her hands in her lap. “I’m just worried they’re not gonna like that fact that her son is dating a woman thirteen years older than him.” Buffy voiced, glancing at him with anxiety in her eyes.

Spike placed a hand on her cheek and rubbed her thigh in a comforting way that made her feel like he was the older one. “Don’t worry, pet. We’ll just go in there, and if they aren’t okay with it, so what? You’re dating me not them.” Spike smiled and placed a kiss on her lips before hopping out of the car, and opening her door for her.

When he picked her up today, he was rendered speechless. This golden goddess was wearing a white flowing knee-length skirt, with a black tank top and pink cashmere shall wrapped around her shoulders. He told her to dress comfortably, because it was a casual dinner, but she still looked gorgeous. Her hair was down in wavy locks and the bangs on the left side of her head were pinned up with a flower clip.

She stepped out of the car, grabbing his hand as he offered it to her. She was glad she decided to wear her flats instead heels…it would have been hell in this sand.

Spike walked right on in the door, pulling Buffy along with him. “Mom, Dad…we’re here!” Buffy decided to stay slightly behind Spike, glancing around the home.

Joyce came around the corner with a smile on her face. “Oh hi, honey! Let’s finally meet-Buffy?” Joyce questioned the blonde with a frown.

Buffy whipped her head up to look into the eyes of her therapist. “Oh my God, Joyce.” Buffy exclaimed with a look of shock on her face.

Spike was way too confused. “Wait…you two know each other?” he asked glancing at his girlfriend then his mother.

“She’s my client.” Joyce sighed out.

Spike looked at Buffy. “My mum’s your shrink?!”

Buffy looked sheepish. “Yes…but I met her through-” the blonde was cut off.

“Buffy?” Rupert questioned approaching the others.

“Your father.” She continued.

“Wait, you know my father too!?” Spike exclaimed.

Buffy played with the hem of her shirt. “Guilty. He was the librarian at my high school…he was pretty much the one that got me through my junior and senior year.”

Joyce snapped herself out of her shock, and spoke up. “Buffy, can I speak to you for a second, please.” It wasn’t a question, so Buffy didn’t argue.

Joyce let her to the kitchen and Spike threw himself on the couch to think over the facts.

“So you’re the one that has my son as giddy as a little boy on Christmas.” Joyce showed no expression so Buffy had no idea what to think. “And William’s the one you’ve been talking so fondly of. I should have pieced this together.” Joyce told herself as she sat down at the island.

“I’m so sorry Joyce, I had no idea. But Spike means a lot to me, and he’s making me feel things I haven’t felt before.” Buffy stated with a big smile.

Joyce sighed. “I don’t know about this Buffy. You’ve got such an elaborate experience with relationships, and William’s relationships don’t last much longer than a couple weeks. I mean he’s so much younger than you.” Joyce protested with a firm tone.

Buffy frowned. “But you weren’t saying that at our last session. You actually said that being with someone younger than me could be good for me…you encouraged it!” Buffy argued.

Joyce forcefully hit her had to the counter top. “That was before I found out that, that man was my son!” the older woman saw the tears well up in Buffy’s eyes, and sighed. “Look, honey I’m sorry, you are an amazing woman but I just don’t think you’re right for my son.” She admitted. She continued before the other woman could get a word in. “Will has never been in a serious relationship. It’s just not him…I don’t want you to fall for him and end up in the same situation as last time: hurt and alone. It won’t last.”

Buffy wiped away her tears. “That’s where you’re wrong.” She said firmly. She pulled her purse over her shoulder and walked towards the front door. “I have to go, Spike I can’t stay here.” She told him as she walked past the living room.

Spike frowned and quickly went after her. “Buffy…wait!” he caught up to her just outside the door. “Are you going to tell me what that was about? I feel like I’m not getting all the info here.”

Buffy sighed and pulled Spike over to the swinging bench to sit down next to her. “After I met you, I told Joyce I’d met someone…someone younger, someone that brought me out of my shell a little bit. And she encouraged to relationship, said that I needed a man like that in my life. But when she found out that, that man was you…she changed her mind. I don’t think your mom likes the idea of us being together.” Buffy told him sadly.

Spike frowned. “I don’t care what she thinks. I like you…I like you a lot. Being with you is the only thing that feels right.” He claimed grabbing her hand in his.

“But your mom’s right, Spike it won’t last. We’re both not ready for this.” Buffy hated having to be the mature adult in the situation; it was so much easier being young and impressionable.

“She said that?! I can’t believe she would say I’m not ready to have a relationship! Why would she tell you that?” Spike rambled as he shot up off the bench.

Buffy stood up as well and hugged him from behind in a way of comfort. “Please don’t be mad at her…she’s just trying to do what she thinks is best.”

Spike voice was angry, she could tell, but in contrast he placed his large hands over hers where they rested on his stomach. “But it’s not her place, I didn’t ask for her to psychoanalyze my relationship…she needs to just keep her nose out of things that don’t concern her! I’m a big boy I can take care of myself!”

Buffy smiled sadly again. “She’s your mother Spike that’s not going to change. You could be forty years old and she’ll still look at you like you’re her little boy.” She rested her cheek against his shoulder blade and placed a soft kiss there. “Just let her get use to us. She might come around.” Buffy really hoped so because she didn’t want to give up Spike…not now, not ever.

* * * * *

Buffy sat in the chair directly across from Joyce, looking anywhere but at each other. Already twenty minutes of the session went by and not a word was spoken. Buffy sighed loudly and Joyce finally glanced at the young blonde.

“I’m not mad.” the older woman declared calmly. “I can see why you’ve fallen for him, I’ve raised him well…but William is nowhere near to being ready for a relation-”

Buffy cut her off. “Will is ready Joyce. He tells me enough that he is. You haven’t seen the way he looks at me…like I’m the only one in the room.” Buffy observed as Joyce looked down at her hands and twisted her mouth. “But he’s told you right?” she stated with a wry smile.

Joyce sighed, and glanced up at Buffy again. “William speaks the world of you, of course look at you! You’re a beautiful woman…like no one he’s ever been with in the past, of course he’s going to be infatuated by you. But the fire will die, and you’re going to burn right along with it.” Joyce argued strongly.

Buffy was starting to get angry now. “You were the one that told me to take a chance! ‘I don’t think you should give up on something unless you’ve really given a shot at it’, that’s what you said…and now that all changes because he’s your son, that’s bullshit!” Buffy had jumped up from her chair, and started for the door.

“Buffy, come back our session’s not over yet.” Joyce stated calmly. “Please…I want to say something.” the older woman pleaded and that’s what made Buffy turn around slowly and walk back to her chair. Joyce sighed. “I’m sorry sweetie…but I want what’s best for you like I want what’s best for him. All I ask is that you take things slow…take you’re time, neither of you are in any rush for something too serious.” She caved finally, and Buffy felt a huge weight lifted off her shoulders.

A small smile reached the blonde’s face. “Thank you Joyce…for understanding. I have to go though…I need-”

Joyce lifted up her head. “Go.”
Buffy rushed out the door, and rapidly pushed to button to the elevator. When it opened, Buffy broke into a grin at the sight of Spike standing there as if waiting for her. She threw her arms around him and he picked her up, pulling her into the lift with him, kissing her senseless.

Joyce peeked through her cracked door, and a hesitant smile. They really do look great together. she thought to herself, before the elevator door closed and dinged, sending them to the lobby.

Joyce walked out of her office, locked up and sauntered down the hall to her house door, and let herself in. She looked around and noticed Spike’s junk was still here, and her shoulders drooped. “Damn it!”
Chapter Endnotes: leave a review and let me know what you think!