On Monday evening, Spike had everyone come over to the house.

He wanted to tell the gang about his intentions regarding Buffy. The Scoobies really did seem to think of Buffy differently after what happened with Sam. Maybe all of them would be okay with it now.

Dawn and Joyce had come back from their weekend in San Diego that morning. Spike had already told them that he and Buffy were back together. He was relieved that neither one of them gave him a hard time. They understood that Buffy hadn't intentionally hurt him, that Sam was the one to blame.

Spike and Buffy stood together in front of the gang. Spike wore a high-collared, button-up shirt to hide the fading bite marks on his neck. He hoped they didn't notice...

Somehow, he didn't think his friends would understand about the biting thing he and Buffy had shared the other night. It had bonded the two of them together even more than they had been before. It had been a profound and life-altering experience. It strengthened their connection, both physically and spiritually. His love for the petite vamp grew larger by the day.

"Guys, Buffy and I are going to be together." He looked at Buffy and smiled. "I'm in love with her."

Buffy grinned back at him, her eyes dancing as she gazed into his. She'd never been happier in her unlife. After two days, his Slayer's blood still sang in her veins, making her feel warm and loved.

"Mom and Dawn already told me that it's fine by them." He nodded and smiled at his sister and mother.

They smiled back.

Spike looked around into the faces of his friends. "Well? Any arguments? Protests? Anyone?"

Everyone looked at each other.

"Wills? Tara?" Spike looked questioningly at the witches. He was pretty sure they would still be on his side.

The girls smiled and shook their heads 'no'.

"After what you guys have gone through...it's like a big, epic, romantic movie or novel," Willow said. "How can we not root for the lovers who were torn from each other's arms with deception and lies?"

Tara nodded and smiled in agreement.

"Well put." Spike smiled. "Thanks." He turned to Giles. "Giles? What about you?"

Giles took a breath. "I... This is a highly unusual situation... Spike, you know my reservations, my concerns... But... I'll... support your decision."

Spike couldn't stop himself this time; he went over and gave the Watcher a big, bear hug. "Thanks, Giles!" Spike squeezed him happily.

"Urk! Spike! Breathing becoming... a problem!" Giles gasped, feeling a bit emotional and flustered.

He thought of Spike like a son and worried endlessly about him, but it was -- as Willow pointed out -- his life to live how he saw fit. All they could do as his friends was to be there for him and try to counsel him wisely. The rest was up to Spike himself.

Spike released him. "Sorry." He blushed.

Giles took off his glasses and polished them furiously.

Spike turned to Xander and Anya. This was the one he was most worried about. Xander had seemed to warm up to Buffy over the last week, but that didn't mean he still sanctioned the relationship.

"Anya? Xander?" Spike asked, looking straight at Xander.

"I'm fine with it," Anya said. She looked at Xander and squeezed his hand.

"Um..." Xander looked at Spike. "If...you guys want to be together... that's... cool with me." He smiled nervously.

He still didn't think that this was a good idea, but... things had changed since they found out about Sam's scheme. Sam had been their friend, their compadre. Xander never would have believed in a million years that she could've been capable of doing what she did to Spike -- and what she did to Buffy. He had been wrong about Sam -- very, very wrong. That meant it was possible that he was wrong about Buffy too. Maybe Spike's love really could change her, make her a better person.

Spike started getting misty. He could tell that Xander was still conflicted, but he was trying. That was the important thing.

"Thanks, guys," Spike said thickly. "I... appreciate it."

Buffy smiled and looped her arm through Spike's, leaning up to kiss his cheek. The Scoobies were actually going to be cool about it. She was deliriously happy for Spike. She knew that he would be with her no matter what they said, but he loved these people too. It would be hurtful to him if they gave him a hard time.

The phone in the kitchen rang.

"I'll get it," Joyce said, leaving the room.

"Now," Buffy began, "I don't want you lot to think I'm going to be all lemondrops and rosebuds from now on. I'm still me. But -- I'd never do anything to ruin what Spike and I have. So no evil plots or schemes for me. I can't promise that I won't call one of you on it if you're bein' a git about somethin', though. So, let's all try to get along with each other, for the Slayer's sake," Buffy said, mostly looking at Xander through her speech. "And... I wanted to say... thanks for... takin' care of me and helping me out... when I was fucked up," she said softly, looking down at her boots.

Spike put his arm around her and pulled her close, giving her a peck on the cheek. She wound her arms around his waist.

Everyone murmured that she was welcome for their help.

"That's settled then," Spike said, happy that it was over. "You guys want to do something? Go get a bite -- erm -- something to eat?"

The gang nodded and voiced the affirmative. They stood up, putting on their jackets.

Spike looked down into Buffy's eyes. "Went a lot better this time." He smiled and kissed her softly on the lips.

"Mmmhmm," she agreed.

The Scoobies filed out the front door, discussing whether they were in the mood for Chinese or Italian food. Dawn gave her brother and his girlfriend a hug then followed the others.

Spike and Buffy were left alone for a few moments, taking the opportunity to steal another hot kiss.

Buffy pulled back. "C'mon, luv. Let's not keep 'em waiting." She went to get her duster from his bedroom.

Spike sighed with a dreamy smile on his face as he watched her walk up the stairs, his hand lightly touching the bite marks his lover had put on his neck. Nothing could tear them apart ever again. He wouldn't allow it. Everything was going to be okay now.

"Spike, honey?" Joyce came into the front hall.

He came out of his reverie at the sound of her voice. "Hey, Mom, we're all going out for something to eat. Want to come?" he asked, getting his jacket off the coat rack.

"Yeah, that would be nice... but..." Joyce looked hesitant.

"What? Is something wrong?"

"I just had the strangest call from Mrs. Kravitz from next door... Spike, were you running around... naked in the yard at any point during the weekend?" Joyce raised an eyebrow quizzically.

Spike reddened with embarrassment, his hands flew up to cover his hot face.

"Oh God..." he groaned.


THE END