Over the weekend Buffy repeatedly thought back to her meeting with Angel. Something about his offer appealed to her. The excitement, of being able to pretend to be someone else on a regular basis. She could be the person that she always wanted to be. But at the same time, her brain was telling her she was crazy. Stripping wasn't the kind of job she wanted to do, she wasn't the kind of person who did that sort of job. But there was that niggling in her head that told her to go for it, throw caution to the wind and just do it. Or at least check the place out. Was there anything wrong in doing that? She would decide later. For now, she had to live in the real world, and get some work done in the library.


Buffy busied herself for the next four hours, tidying bookshelves, helping people come in and out of the library who wanted to borrow books, speaking to the customers, generally doing what she did everyday. And when she had a spare minute, she pondered the stripping job some more. She just couldn't make her mind up. Once again she thought of the pro's and con's of taking the job. It didn't help in making the decision. There seemed only one way, one thing that would help her make up her mind.



At 6o'clock Buffy finished her shift at the library. Instead of walking in the direction of home, she turned right in the direction of Main Street. She walked slowly, wondering if she was doing the right thing. Twenty minutes later, it didn't matter. She stood in front of the club. She stood i the same spot for about five minutes. Not moving, just looking at the door, trying to find the courage to go inside. Her hands were shaking as she finally stepped inside. She moved slowly inside, to where she could see the stage. She stopped near the back of the club. Her eyes were glued to the stage, she watched the dancers as they moved and envied their ability to do what theyw ere doing. They had an air of confidence that followed them as they danced. She looked at the men who were ejoying the show, throwing money onto the stage. But what really made her pay attention was thetwo dancers who walked past talking about what they were doing the following day. And they were the same mediocre things she would dolike; cleaning the house; going grocery shopping. And she realised it was all an act. It wasn't just the danceing that was a show. All of it was, these women went into the club and they became a character. They became someone different. And wasn't that exactly what she wanted?


Buffy turned around and bumped into Angel himself

"Buffy, i was wondering if i'd be seeing you" he drawled, taking in her appearance. Which was nothing special he thought. A pair of jeans, a sweater and sensible flat shoes on her feet. Her hair was back but she was without her glasses.

"Yeah, i-i just thought there was no harm in checking the place out" she said, her face flushing red with embarrassment

"Not at all. And may i ask what you think?" he took her by the elbow and led her towards the bar. Sitting her in a stool, he signalled to the bar tender

"It's ok" she admitted "Don't think i could do that though" she pointed to the stage where the dancer was now in nothing but a thong, writhing around on her knees.

"One way to find out" ngel told her suggestively
Buffy picked up on his hint and shook her head furiously "Oh no, i couldn't"

"Sure you could" he insisted

"No" she disagreed "and anyway i don't have anything with me"

"I can fix that" he grabbed the arm of another dancer as she walked past "Buffy this is Chloe. Chloe, i want you to take Buffy here backstage, get her in costume. Fix her up she's going to audition"

"Sure thing Boss" Chloe faced Buffy and waited for her to stand

"No, i can't do this. I'm not going to" she argued with him as he tried to get her off the stool by pulling gently at her elbow

"Just try"
Buffy looked at him, fear written on her face. But there was also a hint of excitement bubbling in her stomach at the prospect. She reluctantly stood and followed Chloe who put an arm around her, leaning in to give her words of wisdom#

"Just pretend. Be anyone you want to be, anywhere you want to be. You'll be fine"



An hour later Buffy was looking in the mirror, Chloe standing off to the side admiring her handiwork. She had dressed Buffy up in a schoolgirl outfit. A short plaid skirt, a white shirt with a bra underneath, the shirt was tied above her navel, she had knee high socks and a pair of heeled shoes. Her hair was tied in bunchies at either side of her head. Her make-up was mostly natural, but a red gloss set off the look. She was amazed by the transformation.

"So what are you going to call yourself?" Chloe asked her

"I dunno, i hadn't thought about it" Buffy shrugged. The excitement was growing.

"Personally i think the name you have is fine, it's unusual"

"Yeah i guess." Buffy bit her bottom lip, she may have been excited but she was also really nervous.

"We should go, he'll be calling you in a minute. He's going to make an introduction for you"
Buffy looked even more worried then as she was ushered out of the dressing room towards where she would go onto the stage. Chloe told Buffy to wait while she went and spoke to Angel. She saw her whisper something in Angel's ear, he looked over his shoulder and with a smile he got up and stood at the side of the stage. When the current dancer finished he went onto the stage and picked up a microphone which was sitting at he side.

"Ok everyone. Tonight i have something very special for you. We have a young woman here tonight and it's her first time onstage, so i want you all to give her your support and attention. Enjopy the very forst performance by Buffy"

Chloe pushed Buffy forward towards the stage. When the music started Buffy started to move her hips to the beat. She was a little awkward at first but then she closed her eyes and did what Chloe said. She wasn't the same Buffy and she wasn't stripping on a stage, she was back in The Bronze the previous week. And with that she allowed herself to let go. She danced sexily, moving to the rhythm she found in the song. She opened her eyes and looked out into the audience as she slowly undid the buttons of her shirt.

The audience was loving it. All of a sudden Buffy was an enigma. She was mysterious and free and beautiful and having a great time. As she danced and thought of what she was going to do next she turned her back to the audience and slowly lowered the zip on her skirt, turning around again, she swayed her hips to the song, the skirt fell from her hips and pooled at her feet.She was now standing in her thong and bra. She continued to move, in the same sensuous way as before. When the music ended she almost wished it would go on. Chloe had told her it would be ok just to strip to her underwear for the first night. Buffy was happy.

She picked up her discarded clothes and headed backstage again to put her own clothes back on. Being on stage had been invigourating. For the time she was on stage, she was who she wanted to be, she was beautiful and confiden and people were looking at her. She was only just finished getting dressed when Chloe and Angel came in

"So?" Angel asked as soon as he closed the door behind him

Buffy's face broke into a wide smile "It was so great" she gushed "when i started dfancing it was like i was a different person and it was great"

"So, does that mean you'll accept my offer of a job?"

Buffy thought it over for a moment before happily agreeing "Yeah, ok"

"Good. You'll work four nights a week. Your tips are your own plus what i pay you weekly but we'll discuss that later."

"What nights will i be working?" she asked

"Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday" he told her. Buffy nodded listenoing carefully to the details "Be here for 7 on those nights" he instructed

"Ok, great"

"You start, on pay from next Monday" he told her. That was fine with her. She would need that time to prepare for her first night. Get used to the idea, and make up an excuse for where she was going to be if Willow or the others asked.

"Great. See you then"

"Before you go, you forgot the tips you made tonight" Buffy had been in such a daze she hadn't even thought about the money that had been thrown on the stage. She took the bundle of notes from Angel and started looking through them

"There's about $250 there. You'kll make even more once you officially start"

"Thanks. See you next week"

Buffy was happy and shocked and amazed all in one when she left the club. She walked home with a smile on her face.

TBC...