Buffy looked uncertainly at Willow who still stood in the doorway with an enthusiastic smile on her face

“Oh, Willow, I’m not sure about this”

“Buffy, you are miserable the way you are. It’s going to be ok. It will be fun” she promised

Buffy could see the hopeful look in her friend’s eyes and soon gave in.

“Alright, I suppose you can do the makeover” she sighed

Willow smiled widely and jumped up and down in glee,

“Cool Buffy this will be so much fun” the redhead squealed, hugging Buffy

“Yeah, yeah” the blonde grumbled

“Oh before I forget” Willow spoke up and Buffy saw someone else walk up the driveway “this is Harmony, she’s a hairdresser. So she’s going to do your hair”

“Great” was Buffy’s unenthusiastic reply to the news about the chirpy newcomer

“Hey, this is so cool. Willow was telling me how you want to be different and well can I just say that is such a great idea. And I am just the person to help you” Harmony told her

Buffy just smiled an insincere smile and tried to look excited, she stood aside to let the other two girls through the door before leading them towards the stairs

“I guess it’s probably best to do this upstairs. That’s where everything is” she said

“That should be cool Buff” Willow agreed
Harmony just followed behind the others looking around mentally taking in all of the flaws of the house as well as the flaws of the girl in front of her. As they walked into Buffy’s room, the bubbly blonde spoke up

“Hey Buffy, we should get started. There’s a lot of work to be done here” she chirped
Buffy groaned and nodded her head

“Well then we better get started. You can leave your stuff on the desk” Buffy indicated the desk on the far end of the room. Harmony shuffled to the desk and arranged all of her products while Willow went to Buffy’s wardrobe and sorted through her clothes as well as laying out the ones she had brought with her. Buffy was watching them nervously. It wasn’t that she didn’t want the change, because she did. It was just that she was worried, she was used to being the way she was. She was afraid f the change, but she wanted to do it.


After a few minutes everything was ready and Harmony spoke first

“Ok, we should start with your hair because that’s the part that takes the most time” she informed Buffy “you already washed your hair so I can just start cutting and styling, so sit on this seat and we’ll get started”

Buffy walked to the desk chair and sat down. She looked at Willow apprehensively, her friend looked back at her and gave her a reassuring smile. She was trying to make her see that everything was going to walk out ok. Buffy returned the smile and tried to relax a bit. She wanted to be different, so she was going to be different.


Harmony set to work and Buffy watched her once long hair fall at her feet. She knew in that moment that she couldn’t change her mind. Next Harmony highlighted her hair which Buffy found to be very boring as all she could do was sit and wait.

When that was done Willow started on the makeup. She was being careful in the colours she was applying, not wanting the makeup to be too heavy. She wanted it all to compliment her. Willow worked at applying the makeup for about 30 minutes until she was completely happy with the result. She turned her back over to Harmony who proceeded to blow dry and style her hair. While this was done Willow picked out an outfit for her. It was a mixture of Buffy’s and Willow’s clothes, but Willow did decide that they needed a shopping trip soon.

Harmony was finished within about fifteen minutes and Willow handed Buffy the outfit, ushering her to the adjoining bathroom, having removed the mirror so that Buffy wouldn’t know how she looked until everything was completely finished.


Buffy stood in the bathroom looking at the outfit in her hands. It was not something she would have ever worn, she was a bit nervous about going out in it. She had never really considered herself pretty, she never got the guy she had a crush on. She had always just been plain old Buffy, but in the back of her mind she knew that the whole point of tonight was to change that. So she quickly discarded the clothes she was wearing and donned the clothes Willow had picked. She put in her contact lenses and took a deep breath before opening the bathroom door.


Willow and Harmony looked towards the door when they heard the door open and Willow was surprised at what she saw, she had always known Buffy was a pretty girl, but standing in front of her she looked beautiful. She didn’t know why her friend had so little confidence in herself

“Buffy you look fantastic” Willow told her
Buffy looked uncertain but smiled at the compliment

“I really wouldn’t know, no mirrors” she responded
Willow laughed and pulled out a full length mirror from behind the curtain, it was the one that always stood in the room, but Willow had hidden it when she arrived. Buffy turned and looked in it and gasped at what she saw, while Willow grinned at the reaction

“Oh my God, Wills, it’s like looking at a different person” she gasped

“I know, but Buff, you look great” Willow smiled

Buffy took in he new appearance, her hair was shorter and lighter. It now sat on her shoulders, where it had once been half way down her back. It had been slightly curled and different shades of blonde highlights had been added. Her hair was left loose, framing her face brilliantly. Her outfit was made up of a flowing black skirt that sat just above her knee. Her top was a Chinese style halter-top. It was a deep red with a beautiful oriental design. It showed her belly button and a great deal of her back. Her bag was the same style and colour and style as her top, while her shoes were simple and black like her skirt. They had a three inch heel and strapped at her ankle. She wore simple jewellery, She wore a simple silver horseshoe chain and silver earrings. Her make up had been kept light, but red lipstick gave it a dazzling affect. She looked amazing. She couldn’t believe her eyes.



“It’s great Wills. I’m surprised” she turned to her other guest “thank you too Harmony. I love what you did with my hair. It looks great”

“It’s an improvement” the other blonde agreed “well I better get going. I have a date tonight. Bye” she said as she gathered her things and left the room.
Buffy looked back at Willow who was still smiling

“Well, Buff, ready to go the Bronze and knock them dead” her friend asked

“You know what Wills, I think 9 am” Buffy smiled happily taking her friend by the arm and leaving the room. As they left the house Buffy decided that she wasn’t just going to look different, for tonight at least she was literally going to be different. A different person.


Tbc...