Author's Chapter Notes:
A/N: Dark Fiction Warning: In case anyone missed the hints – Spike is definitely going to be continuing the sexual relationship with Buffy. It will be non-consensual…for now. If it helps, this chapter is R (implied).
~*~*~*~


Cordelia came back a few hours later, looking a bit battered. Buffy’s brow furrowed in surprise and she turned around to get a better look. Buffy’s eyes widened as she saw the fresh shallow cut spanning across her chest, and the bruised face she was sporting.


“W-What happened?” Buffy asked, almost afraid to know, her first thought was Angelus.


“Something went wrong with our plans tonight,” Cordelia replied, appearing as if the pain didn’t bother her. “We got ambushed and had to ditch all the money.”


Lindsay’s words flashed through her mind. He wants us to botch Spike’s two deals tomorrow, hopefully get his members caught in the process. Buffy looked back up to Cordelia, a bit of guilt flashing through her, knowing that she could have warned them and didn’t. But why should she? These people kidnapped her after all.


“Who ambushed you?” Buffy questioned, pushing her knowledge aside.


Cordelia sighed, obviously exhausted. “We couldn’t see them. They were masked like some rejects from a bad ninja movie. Anyway, whatever, nothing we can do now. Get dressed, let’s go.”


~


Her back was killing her as Cordelia dragged her down the hall. Buffy hurried her steps to keep up, but something wasn’t set right, and it felt like a sharp knife was cutting into her back each time she moved.


Realizing where they were going, she closed her eyes as she let Cordelia pull her by the arm down the hallway. She didn’t even want to think about what Spike would do to her. Thinking back on training, she remembered how angry he had been, and she had a sinking feeling that the ambush wasn’t helping his mood.


~


“You lost it ALL!?” Spike roared angrily to Faith, Darla, Gunn, and Lorne. They were all standing in his room, telling him what happened.


“I think it’s Rack and his chumps,” Faith suggested. “You know they’re always out to get us.”


“No, I don’t think so this time,” Gunn disagreed. “Those idiots aren’t smart enough to get into the building without us noticing.”


“Should we pay them a visit?” Darla suggested with a calculating look. Her cheek was bleeding and she hadn’t gotten to cleaning it up yet. But she appeared unbothered, just like Cordelia.


Spike pinched the bridge of his nose. 100,000 dollars a deal – both failed. “Look into it. See what he’s been up to lately,” Spike answered with an irritated tone.


Suddenly the door flung open and Cordelia came in, dragging a resistant Buffy behind her. All heads turned to see the intrusion.


Spike paused, looking at Buffy. With her face washed and her normal clothes on, she looked small and weak. The big bruise on her cheek was a deep brown, now not covered by make-up.


“Ouch. That looks like it still hurts,” Darla commented with a smile.


Instead of reacting, Buffy just forced herself to remain unfazed, staring at them with a calm but challenging expression.


“Aw, I think we broke her cheerleader spirit,” Faith added, amused.


Buffy turned to Faith and calmly said, “Bite me.”


Darla and Faith laughed at her, amused that this little girl dared to talk back even when she had just been ass-whooped earlier that day.


Spike demanded tersely, “Everyone get out.” He turned to glare at Buffy, “Except you.”


They started to leave and as Faith was passing Buffy on her way out the door, she whispered, “I won’t bite, but he will.” And with a big grin, she sauntered out of the room and shut the door.


Spike put his face in his hands, exhaling from his previous frustration. Dropping his hands and looking back at Buffy, he ordered, “Come here.”


She didn’t answer, but stepped back in response.


Spike raised a brow, “Are you looking to piss me off even more? I said, come here.”


Hearing the warning in his voice, she decided it would be best if she listened. She took two slow steps forward, wincing each time from the way the pain shot through her back.


Spike watched her move forward two steps and he saw the slight limp she had. He knew what it was from. “How’s your back?” he asked, trying to keep his tone expressionless.


She didn’t answer at first, but saw that he was actually waiting for a response. “Just peachy,” she answered sarcastically.


He started stepping towards her. Buffy quickly moved back, hitting the dresser, which caused her to groan in pain.


He brought his hand up, and she turned her head away from him and closed her eyes, thinking he was going to hit her. When nothing came, she opened an eye to look at him.


He was looking at her like she was crazy. “Relax,” he said, “I was trying to look at your bruise.”


She looked at him disbelievingly, but he reached out to lift her chin lightly, turning her face so he could look at her cheek.


Her brows furrowed in confusion as he stood there, inches from her face examining her bruise. And to top it off, his anger seemed to have disappeared. It wasn’t tender, but it was definitely not the bruising grip that he had used earlier. She still had the evidence on her thigh.


He slowly turned her around, and her confusion grew, “Wha...”


“Your back,” he replied.


She tensed as she felt his hands reaching underneath the back of her shirt. Buffy was about to struggle, but Spike leaned in close to her ear and whispered, “Just getting the kink out, princess.”


Buffy opened her mouth to protest, but his hands found the tense knot in her lower back and he pushed, causing her to let out a strangled noise. He was kneading it painfully and she gripped the edge of the dresser tightly, biting her lip. He grabbed her shoulder with one hand, and put his palm into the spot with the other. He pulled on her shoulder roughly and pushed at the same time, cracking her back. She muffled a cry at the initial pain.


Opening her eyes, she was surprised at the sudden ache-free-ness. Turning around to look at him with surprised eyes, she touched the spot where the pain had been, and it felt ten times better, even though it still hurt.


“It’ll be fine in a few days,” he stated referring to the bruise and her back.


“Aren’t I scheduled to get beat up daily?” she asked with a raised brow. She didn’t understand him, and resorting to her snarky defenses gave her the feeling of security.


At her tone, he tensed. Seeing the look in his eyes, she regretted opening her mouth.


“That’s all up to you, Goldilocks,” he leaned in dangerously close. He smirked and lowered his voice, “Behave yourself and I’ll take care of you.”


Her eyes widened incredulously and she shot him a hateful glare. “Go to hell.”


He curled his tongue behind his teeth and leaned in to kiss her. She struggled against his kiss, but he had one arm linked firmly around the back of her waist.


She pushed him away from her and spat out, “You’re disgusting.” She wiped her lips with the back of her hand.


“Are you sure?” he asked huskily as he grabbed her hands and held them down, leaning in to kiss her neck.


She tried to free her hands, but he wasn’t letting her. She twisted her body away from him, but Spike just wormed his arm around her waist, pulling her against him, and continued kissing her neck.


“Please, don’t,” she whispered, the feel of his tongue against her skin weakening her defenses.


He grinned against her skin, knowing exactly what he was doing and what effect it had on her.


“Stop me,” he said in a low, sexual voice as he captured her bottom lip.


She tried to resist his kiss and not react, but the way he was touching her was clouding her mind. Her mind was screaming at her to try harder, to push him off of her, but every time she put up an effort, he held her down and resumed the kiss.


Pulling back, he gazed at her hungrily. “You know I’ll make it feel good again,” he whispered into her ear, pushing her towards the bed at the same time.


She felt sick and her stomach sank at his words. “No,” she pleaded, but as soon as those words left her mouth, Spike smashed his lips to hers, silencing her.


She knew it was hopeless, and it hardened her heart a little more.


~


“Come on, Buffy. It’ll be ok,” Xander reassured her.


Buffy looked unsure and stared hesitantly at the front of the school.


“You’re going to have to go back sometime,” Willow reminded her softly.


Buffy exhaled and straightened her shoulders. “You’re right. One College-Buffy, coming right up,” she perked, but both her friends knew that it was just for show. It didn’t take a genius to figure out that her heart wasn’t in anything she did anymore.


She started walking, her friends protectively on both sides of her. They joked with her along the way, hoping to distract her and put her at ease. But all she saw, were the other students staring at her – some giving her looks of sad pity, and others slightly accusatory ones. She looked down, not wanting to make eye contact with anyone.


Buffy cut them off mid-sentence, “Do you guys mind if I catch you later?”


Xander and Willow gave her a worried look. “Are you sure?” they asked at the same time.


She gave them a small smile and explained, “Yea, I just need to go get a cup of coffee before I head to lecture.”


“Alright, well call us when you get out of class, okay?” Willow asked.


“Sure,” she replied. “I’ll see you later.” She walked off in the other direction, leaving behind her two very concerned best-friends.


She wandered aimlessly across campus, zoning out and ignoring the looks people were giving her. Buffy didn’t even know half of these people, considering it was a community college and not some small high school. But now practically the whole college knew who she was because a picture of her family before her mother’s death had been put in the school paper.


“Hey, Buffy, right?” a guy appeared in front of her, snapping her back to reality.


“Yea,” Buffy replied, recognizing his face from lecture, but not knowing his name.


“Dude, rough luck with your mom,” he added, shaking his head in some airhead form of sympathy.


“Um, yea. Do I know you?” she faked not remembering him.


“Yea, I’m in your Sociology class – I’m Todd. I was reading the paper about how you accidentally killed your mom, and I thought, dude, that just sucks.”


Her eyes widened, not believing what she was hearing, again. She pushed past him and ran towards the nearest restroom, deciding she couldn’t handle staying for classes today after all. She wondered how long this could go on, the burning guilt eating her up inside, and if she had enough strength to last.



~


Her eyes fluttered open, and she didn’t know where she was at first. Rubbing her eyes, she froze as she felt the arm that was draped across her stomach. And it all came back to her. Last night he had played with her mind, making her body betray her before he took what he wanted. At that point, she would have preferred if he had been a complete monster so she wouldn’t feel so disgusted with herself. Afterwards, he didn’t just roll over and let her go – his arm hugged her waist, trapping her as he slept. Hours passed, and all she could do was fall asleep.


Buffy pushed Spike’s arm off of her roughly and got up, running to the bathroom. Shutting the door behind her and leaning against it, she sank down to the floor and closed her eyes, tears running down her face silently.


~


Spike woke up when his arm was flung aside, losing the warm comfort of smooth skin beneath him. He blinked, and stared at Buffy’s fleeing figure through squinted eyes as she ran into the bathroom and slammed the door. A pained expression flashed across his features for a brief second, but he closed his eyes and suppressed it. He was beginning to hate the little chit for somehow bringing up past memories. But it was nothing a little violence couldn’t solve. He threw on some clothes and headed towards the training room, not the least bit worried about leaving her there alone.


~


“Darla,” Spike yelled when he entered the training room, sauntering over to her and Illyria.


The two girls paused, stepping back from the spar. Breathing deeply, she asked in an annoyed tone, “What? I was just winning.”


“You wish,” Illyria replied, relaxing her stance from fighting position. “I didn’t even break a sweat.”


Darla turned back to roll her eyes at Illyria. “That’s because you don’t sweat. You’re made of ice, remember?” Darla teased.


“I guess that’s why I always win,” she answered calmly.


“Whatever,” Darla replied as she turned back to look at Spike, who had a pissed expression. “What?” Darla asked defensively.


“No more bruises outside the training room,” Spike stated.


“Wha…” Darla looked confused for a few moments. And then she understood.


“Ohhhhh, this is about the girl, isn’t it?” She put her hands on her hips, smiling from amusement. “What’s the big deal? She’s alive, isn’t she?”


“I have to look at her, is what the big deal is,” Spike answered. “I don’t fancy myself a bruised shag, you nitwit. And couldn’t you have hit her somewhere besides her face? Bloody un-attractive.”


“Oh gee, Spike. I’m sorry I ruined your Barbie doll’s pretty face. Will you ever forgive me?” Darla faked dramatically.


Spike didn’t look amused as Darla laughed. She saw he wasn’t lightening up, and a question formed in her head.


“Are you sure her face is all you’re worried about?” Darla gave him a suspicious look.


“What else is she good for?” Spike asked with a raised brow.


The answer seemed to satisfy her, and she nodded. “True. Ok, fine.” She was about to go back to her spar, but she turned back to Spike, “Oh, but all’s fair during training.” She winked at him and smiled before turning away.


He rolled his eyes and started to head towards the punching bags, but someone came in front of him to block his path. Drusilla.


Face expressionless, he asked, “What do you want, Dru?”


She smiled at him. “Wanna fight for fun? Just like the good old times.” She took a step towards him, face inches away, eyes dark with mischief.


Spike shoved her back roughly. “Don’t think so. They weren’t that good now that I look back on it,” he pursed his lips in a cocky smirk.


“Oh, c’mon,” Angelus’ voice interjected from the side. He walked up to them slowly. “Dru promises not to stab you in the back this time,” he finished with an amused smile.


Spike glared at him. “Shove off.”


Switching subjects, Angelus asked, taunting, “So I heard you lost 200,000 dollars yesterday to that good-for-nothing trash, Rack.”


“I don’t know if it was him yet, and what’s it to you?” Spike asked defensively.


“You know what it is to me. That’s 50,000 fucking dollars for my cut, Spike,” he spat out angrily. “Don’t think you guys can just slack off and live off your 25% from our earnings.”


Spike scoffed. “We wouldn’t live off of you, you poncy git. You know we’re earning more than you are right now anyway,” he finished smugly.


“Yea, we’ll see,” Angelus warned, and strode away, pulling Drusilla along with him. “One of these days, you’re going down, Spike,” he yelled from across the room as he strode away.


Spike scoffed. “Yea, right,” he muttered under his breath.


“You think one of these days you two will kill each other?” Faith asked as she walked up to him, having witnessed the whole thing.


“I know so,” Spike replied. If not, they would just annoy each other to death.


Snapping out his thoughts of kicking Angelus’ ass, he remembered something. He turned to Faith. “Bring Buffy in here for training,” he ordered.


“Whoa, you remembered her name? Deep,” Faith commented with a raised brow, leaving to go get her.


Ignoring Faith’s comment, he turned towards his original destination. He really needed to work out some aggression.


~


After a long shower, Buffy came out of the bathroom. To her surprise, Spike was gone. She relaxed and walked toward the door. When she flung it open, Faith was standing right there.


“And where do you think you’re going?” she smirked as she crossed her arms over her chest.


Buffy rolled her eyes, mirroring Faith’s moves by crossing her arms as well. “Am I supposed to wait in here all day? There’s this thing called a stomach, and usually one puts food in it.”


“Yea, I’ll bet you worked up an appetite,” Faith said with a raised brow.


Buffy looked disgusted. The more and more this girl opened her mouth, the more Buffy hated her guts. “You’re severely demented.”


“Ain’t it hot?” Faith grinned.


Buffy had a look of revulsion. “What the hell is wrong with you?”


“Take it from me, blondie,” she replied, “the only way to survive in here is to embrace the dark side.” With that, Faith grabbed Buffy’s arm and yanked her out of the room, dragging her to go get some food before heading over to training.


What scared her, was she was beginning to see the truth in that.



~*~*~*~