Author's Chapter Notes:
For those who don’t know, I’m out of the country – hence, my incredibly slow updates. I actually write a lot, but it seems to be sub-par and I delete a lot of it. It’s also hard for me to get to internet access, so bear with me. Hope this chapter doesn’t disappoint. And thanks for all the support - incredibly flattered that a few of you have checked for updates so much that the last chapter has more hits than the first - lmao.
It had been a week since she saw Harmony get raped, and a week of trying to forget the image. The only time it was forgotten, was when her resentment towards Spike took over all thought.


“I hate you,” she spat at him as she wiped the sweat off her forehead, chest heaving.


“I count on it,” Spike smirked as he circled her, his own sweat slowly gliding down his body.


It was what they did, every day. He trained with her, in addition to the training she got from the other women. No one questioned it, not even Buffy. She figured that it would get her to her escape faster.


Wiping her damp hair back from her face, Buffy lunged at him and brought her right fist back to punch him. Spike anticipated the move, but she surprised him by suddenly throwing a left punch, catching him in the jaw. Giving him no time to realize she actually just hit him, she kneed him in the gut, only missing his crotch because he shifted down, seeing where she was aiming.


Grabbing her, Spike whipped her around in a loose choke hold, and she tried to elbow him, but he caught her arm. “Where’d you learn that, princess?” he asked, amused.


Struggling against his arm which was firmly wrapped around the lower half of her neck, she replied out of breath, “From you. I saw you fake a punch when you fought with Angelus.”


“Well, I’m flattered. I didn’t know you were watching me that closely,” he said in a low voice.


Ignoring the chills that shot through her body, she managed to retort, “Just collecting ways to eventually kick your ass.” Elbowing him, this time successfully, she pulled away from his grasp.


Spinning her body for more power into a backhand, she managed to make him stumble slightly as he caught her arm a little late. She wrenched her arm out of his grasp, and tried to punch him in the face.


Spike caught her fist again with a grin, forcing her arm down as he grabbed her by the waist and pulled her to him violently. Picking her up, he turned and slammed her against the wall, kissing her suddenly and demandingly.


“Stop, we weren’t even done,” she managed to choke out as he attacked her neck hungrily.


“I don’t care,” he whispered, only focused on the feel and taste of her body.


Feeling her body give in, she thought about how one day, she would kill him.


~


Knowing Spike was finally asleep, she quietly slipped out from under the sheets and searched for her clothes. Her hunger had gotten to her, since ‘training’ had started before dinner time, and lasted several hours, eventually making it into his room somehow. Bitterly, she tried feel around the room as the darkness prevented her from seeing anything clearly.


Finally finding her clothes – one of her many new outfits for that matter, she threw them on quickly and tiptoed across the room. Reaching the door and finding the handle, she paused before opening it to make sure he was still asleep. As she left the room, her stomach rumbled and she hoped she could still find some food at this time of night.


She wandered into the hall, much like the time she had tried to escape, except this time she wasn’t willing to risk a blackened cheek when she knew she would lose.


“What is it this time?” a male voice asked.


She halted, feeling a familiar sense of de ja vu.


“He wants us to embarrass Spike – let him lose face in front of his gang,” the other answered.



She recognized those voices. They were the same ones from the night she had tried to escape, ironically – Riley and Lindsay. How were they so predictable to be conspiring in the same place every night?


“Well, that sounds like fun, but how do we do that?” Riley asked.


“Well…”


“What?”


“We could…continue to botch his deals,” Lindsay began.


“Or?” Riley questioned, sensing there was more.


Lindsay gave him a calculating smile. “Or we could hit him where we know he’ll hurt.”


Riley looked intrigued. “And where would that be?”


Beginning to pace, Lindsay smiled, obviously enjoying taking his time explaining. “What’s the one thing that made Spike what he is today?”


Riley scoffed. “Hell if I know. I still think he’s a good-for-nothing jackass.”


Rolling his eyes, Lindsay said slowly, “Drusilla.”


“Drusilla? What do you mean? She joined at the same-,” Riley stopped, realizing what he meant. “Ooooh, you mean when she turned on him?”


Lindsay nodded with a smile, “When she picked Angelus. That’s when it all changed, remember?”


“Yea, then he developed his ‘don’t fuck with me’ persona,” Riley brooded. He stopped, remembering what they were talking about, “What does that have to do with hitting him where it hurts? He doesn’t give a shit about Drusilla anymore.”


“That’s the genius part. When Drusilla left him, he stopped being a loser, and actually made something of himself. Revenge, if you will. Now, he’s leading his own gang, and that requires respect, right?”


“Yea…,” Riley said, getting more and more impatient.


“I think, that just maybe, if the same thing happened to him now, it would have a reverse effect. We embarrass Spike by re-enacting the same thing that happened before. Make him look un-wanted, and he’ll lose his respect. A few more botched deals, and sooner than later, they’ll all stop taking his orders.”


Riley paused for a moment, thinking about what Lindsay was suggesting. “The girl, you mean?”


Buffy began to panic, knowing they were talking about her. She tried to even her breathing, hoping they couldn’t hear her.


“Exactly.”


“How do you suppose we get her to turn on him?”


Lindsay shrugged, “Maybe we’ll just kill her and make it look like she ran away because she loathes him. Probably not far from the truth. That’s even better because you know no one is allowed to get out.”


“Yea, but have you seen her? It’d be a shame to kill her before we even get to test-drive that body of hers,” Riley smirked.


Buffy muffled her reflexive sound of disgust, but a little too late. Both heads turned to look in her direction, hearing something. Heart pounding loudly as she held her breath, she plastered herself against the wall, praying they would ignore the noise.


“Did you hear someone?” Riley asked.


Lindsay thought he saw something. Giving Riley a pointed look, he said in a normal voice, “I think it’s just a rat or something.”


Riley gave him a questioning look, until he followed Lindsay’s eyes to the direction of the hallway. Knowingly, he replied with a smile, “You’re right. Let’s go train and we can talk about this later.”


Buffy heard footsteps descending, and then…silence. She waited an extra minute or more, wanting to make sure they were gone. After what seemed like forever, she slowly allowed herself to move off the wall, and step into the main room…only to be suddenly grabbed by both arms. Screaming, she panicked and began to thrash, but a big hand came to hold her over the mouth, muffling her protests.


“Looks like she decided to start our plan for us,” Riley joked, eyeing her up and down as Lindsay held her from behind, smirking as if he enjoyed her struggles.


“You wanna ‘test’ her first? I know how sexually frustrated you are,” Lindsay joked.


“Shut up. One of these days, Eve and Darla are going to realize you’re not worth shit,” Riley retorted challengingly.


“One of these days isn’t today, is it? Let’s just do this,” Lindsay said, referring to the killing. “Here, you take her.” He threw Buffy to Riley violently, and she fell into him, her protests muffled by his hand before anything could be heard.


Grabbing her, Riley purposely ran his hand down her body before tightening his grip around her waist, and the other over her mouth.


Suddenly, the sound of flesh could be heard and Riley yelled out in pain, letting go of her. Lindsay looked up, seeing a small knife embedded in Riley’s arm, blood beginning to stain his shirt. All three of them looked in the direction of the knife in alarm, and saw Spike approaching them, looking pissed.


As Riley cursed in pain, Lindsay played it cool. “Spike. Something wrong?”


Before anyone could register it, Spike whipped out another knife and held it to Lindsay’s throat as he stared him down. “What the fuck do you two think you’re doing? You know she belongs to me.”


Normally, Buffy would’ve glared at him, corrected him, maybe tried to hit him a few times for calling her ‘his,’ but right now, she kept her mouth shut as she backed away from Riley and the guys. She could do nothing but watch, and calm her rapid heartbeat.


“We didn’t do anything,” Lindsay said calmly, slightly smiling as if he held some secret.


“You fucker,” Riley spat, pulling the knife out of his arm and letting it clang to the ground. “You stabbed my arm!”


“I can re-locate that to your dick,” Spike replied with an angry-cold tone.


“What’s it with you and flinging knives anyway?” Lindsay asked with a squint, still calm.


“I’m only going to ask you one more time. What the fuck do you think you’re doing?”


“Relax, Spike. We didn’t do anything. Look her over, as I’m sure you will,” Lindsay replied with a smirk.


Riley got up, one arm clutching at his bleeding wound, as he glared at Spike’s back. Eyeing the knife on the ground that had just stabbed him, he reached down slowly to get it. Before he could touch it, the sound of several guns cocking could be heard. Everyone, but Spike, froze, looking around them at the new participants. As Spike still held the knife to Lindsay’s neck, Cordelia, Darla, Gunn, and Lorne stood around them, pointing their guns at both Lindsay and Riley, two on each.


Spike smirked at Lindsay, letting the knife graze the skin of his neck before he put it down. He turned to Riley and grabbed him by the neck, yanking him up. All Riley could do was stay still, knowing the guns were ready and aimed, and none of them were afraid to use it. Voice low as he glared at him, Spike warned, “Touch her again, and you’ll lose your limbs.” Kneeing him in the crotch painfully, Spike threw Riley back on the floor and walked away from them, grabbing Buffy’s hand and dragging her along. She didn’t resist, wanting to get away from the threat of a gunshot, or several, for that matter.


Not looking back because he knew they would take care of it, he dragged her down the hall and into his room, shutting the door.


Once inside, he whipped her around to face him and demanded with an intense glare, “Why the fuck were you out there?”


“I was hungry,” she replied hesitantly, not knowing why he seemed scarier than usual. His hands were gripping both her arms painfully, until he saw her flinch and his grip loosened slightly.


“Then why didn’t you tell me?” his jaw twitched.


“I didn’t know I’m supposed to report to you every time I’m hungry,” she replied evenly, but her words voiced her growing irritation. It seemed to be her usual emotion whenever he was around.


Letting her go and pushing her farther into the room, he ordered, “I don’t want you to leave this room until morning.”


Glaring at him, “I’m not a dog. I can’t just stay in one room forever and eat and drink once a day. In fact, even dogs have it better than I do.”


Teeth clenched, he replied slowly, “Next time, tell me. Unless you want those idiots putting their mitts all over you – and I don’t take leftovers from the likes of Finn.” The moment he saw her eyes widen incredulously, he wondered how it was that he was able to find the worst thing to say at all possible occasions.


She glared at him in fury. “Well, at least I’d be dead and then I wouldn’t have to look at your face anymore.”


“What do you mean - dead?”


Opening her mouth to retort something, Buffy realized he must not have heard everything. She contemplated whether it was a good idea to tell him about their plan to take him down. It made sense to tell him, considering Riley and Lindsay were the enemies, but a part of her still wasn’t sure, and no matter how you looked at it, Spike was still one of her enemies. The one who was making her life a living hell, and the one who kept inadvertently made it a little less hell-ish. So she told him the part that affected her. “They said, we’re going to…’test-drive’ me…,” she tried to word calmly, not wanting him to see how much it affected her, “and kill me.”


“And why would they do that?” he questioned, jaw tight.


“How am I supposed to know? You’re the expert criminal - you figure it out,” she lied. Buffy wondered for a brief second if these kept secrets would work for her or against her in the end.


“What else did they say?” he demanded, thinking he was going to gut those two soon and put everyone out of their misery.


“I don’t know. I tend not to hear much after I’ve been told I’m going to be killed soon,” she replied sarcastically.


Thinking about it for a moment, he had a ticked-off expression on his face. After a few moments, he looked back to Buffy and ordered, “Take off your clothes.”


She blinked a few times at his sudden change in attitude, and then glared at him as her angered dignity came to surface, “Go to hell.”


“Already going there. Take off your clothes or I’ll take them off for you,” he replied evenly with a serious expression.


It was one of those moments where she felt like she could never be angrier, or want to kill someone so much. As he took a step towards her, she took a step back and gritted out, “Get away from me.” Seeing his raised brow, she cursed him before she reached for the hem of her shirt, all the while picturing several ways to kill him in his sleep.


Lifting her shirt over her head, she looked back to him and threw her shirt at him, as if it would have any effect, “I hate you, you know?”


Catching her shirt, he said with the same even expression, “Pants too.”


Shutting her eyes, she tried to overcome the incredible feeling of utter embarrassment as her pride and dignity was completely shot to hell. She didn’t even know what the hell he was getting at. Reaching for her pants, she pulled them down without looking at him, not wanting to see his stupid smirk or that look he often had. When she opened her eyes to glare at him, she was surprised to see that neither of those expressions was there.


Instead, he examined her body, eyes scanning over her skin, but showing no amount of sexual implication, even though his growing arousal was telling him to do otherwise.


After what seemed like forever, she suddenly felt self-conscious and crossed her arms over her chest protectively, shuddering.


Seeing her tremble, he looked up into her eyes, “What?”


“It’s cold,” she lied.


He grabbed the sheet off the bed, brought her arms up and wrapped it around her. Not knowing where he was going with this, she could do nothing but stand there and wait with a confused frown. Standing up and beginning to walk away from her, he asked, “Are you still hungry?”


“No.” Her hunger had suddenly disappeared, and with good reason.


“Then go to sleep,” he said as he walked towards the bathroom.


He was telling her to go to sleep? Looking surprised and hesitant, she wondered if he was all the way there, and what the hell that was all about. Deciding not to question it any longer, she got onto the bed and lay down, eyeing him until he disappeared into the bathroom.


Finally putting down her head against the pillow, she let her confusion melt away as the exhaustion overtook her. She forced herself to sleep, because if she didn’t, she’d have to think about what had happened out in the hall, and also, what the hell just happened in the room.


~


She woke up at multiple sensations permeating her body. One, she felt a wetness at the back of her neck. Two, she felt something in between her legs. Blinking away the hazy fog from her eyes, she realized she was in bed, and a warm body was behind her: Spike’s. His lips were gliding over her back, as one of his hands traveled down past the flat of her stomach and dipped down in between her curls.


Trying not to react, she began to ask, “What are you doing?” When no answer came, she turned her head to look at him from her ‘spooned’ position, and her eyes showed her surprise as she realized he looked half asleep.


“Mmm,” he hummed in response against her skin. Before she could do anything else, Buffy felt him pull out his fingers and his cock slipped into her forcefully from behind, causing her to gasp at the sudden invasion.


She tried to pry his hands away from his body, but they just tightened their grip around her as he began pumping into her. “Wake up,” she said, beginning to panic. It wasn’t that he had never wanted sex in the middle of the night. It was the way he was holding her and kissing her that scared her most, and the fact that he was weirdly asleep, or faking it.


“Five more minutes,” he muttered.


Buffy wasn’t sure if he was actually awake or talking in a sleepy haze, but he was slowly driving her crazy as he moved his cock in and out of her, making her wet against her will. She was about to forcefully push him off, when his lips found that spot on the back of her neck. Rasping slightly, she closed her eyes and tried to reign in the control.


Spike’s lips continued to caress the back of her neck as his shaft pumped into her from behind, as they both lay on their side.


“Spike,” she tried to wake him, using his name – she rarely called him anything but an asshole.


Eyes still closed, he whispered lustily in her ear, “Buffy.”


Closing her eyes again, she realized he really was asleep, or else he wouldn’t have called her Buffy – and the way he said it made her stomach flip. Unable to take the pressure that was building up in between her legs, she bit her lip and fought to control herself.


Her breathing getting increasingly shallow, her body willed her to move – and after what felt like a tortured forever of resistance, she finally did.


Moving back against him as he pumped forward, she felt the sensation shoot through her body as his cock pressed deep within her.


All conscience fell away, and the only thing that mattered was what her body was feeling right now. Not turning around to look at him, she started moving back against his thrusts, her body demanding it. The whole time her eyes were closed and she muffled her involuntary responses into the pillow. If she didn’t have to look at him, it would be o.k. No thinking – just heat, rising, consuming her until all logical thought was gone.


The warmth that surrounded him was strangling him, and his body was humming with pleasure. Feeling something slam back against his cock, he slowly opened his eyes, blinking away the sensations of what he thought was a dream. But as the haze cleared, he became perplexed because it wasn’t – or didn’t seem to be. The searing heat around him was suddenly magnified as he slipped back into reality. Looking at Buffy’s face, he saw her closed eyes and open mouth, muffled half into the pillow as her body moved against him.


“So you like it when I’m asleep, huh?” he whispered into her ear, speeding up his movements as a wave of lust hit him.


She froze, snapping out of her temporary insanity. Trying to push him off of her, she found her efforts being slowed as he continued to let his cock glide in and out of her channel from behind. “No, don’t,” she begged ineffectively, conviction in her words lost as she found herself close to her climax.


It was too late. Lost in the feel of her around him, and the memory of the way she responded, even for the briefest of seconds, Spike rasped in her ear as he came spiraling towards his own release, “Fuck, you feel so good.”


Her body jolted at his words as a wave of wetness flowed in between her legs. As one of his hands let go of her waist to reach down for her clit, she didn’t fight him off, even though she probably could have if she tried. Gasping as he both fucked her from behind and played with her clit, pressing it in just the right way, she came with a pleasure scream.


Feeling her body convulsing in pleasure, he came soon after as her slick heat strangled him until he exploded.


They both gasped and panted for air, coming down from their highs.


As Spike looked over at Buffy’s flushed face, he felt overwhelmed at the idea that she had been fucking him in his sleep, even if it was probably initiated by his sleep-induced state. Maybe she was finally-


Thoughts interrupted, he felt Buffy push away from him and get up, running away to the bathroom like she often did. Sighing, he plopped down on his back and rubbed his eyes. Why should he care? …Right?


--------------------------------------------------------------


A/N: Next chapter: Spike gives Buffy a ‘present.’ Review please!