Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry if this is a bit late (yes I realise it's only like 10 minutes, but it feels late to me), I have a virus on my computer and it's being evil and not letting me open lots of programs...I really hope this posts right.

Thank you all of you for the super lovely reviews, I really truly do love them all....and once again there was something I was going to say, but I forgot it, sorry.
Chapter 32: Homecoming

Part I

Buffy had been up for several hours already, she’d told her mother everything—from sleeping with William all those years ago through what all had happened the night before.

William had offered to stay with her, to help explain, to just be there. Buffy knew how much he wanted to stay; knew he wanted to make sure she was alright, but she wanted to just tell her mom on her own.

And she kind of needed some time on her own.

But here it was, several hours after she’d gotten up, nearly eleven in the morning now and Angel still hadn’t called. Buffy figured either he hadn’t come home yet…or he really was a complete idiot and hadn’t noticed they weren’t just on a ‘field trip’.

Buffy had about given up hope of him calling at all, not that she really wanted him to call, when the phone finally rang at a quarter ‘til twelve.

”Buffy?” It was William.

“William? Why are you calling? I mean, not that I don’t like it or anything, but well…why are you calling?”

“Just calling pet to let you know that Angel called me and wants us to have a little talk. Wants me to come over there in about ten minutes or so. Think he plans on talking to you later, but I thought I’d fill you in.”

“Why would he want to talk to you? And god am I sounding horrible this morning, I’m sorry.”

”It’s alright, kitten. I know what you mean. And I’m not sure why he wants to talk to me. Maybe he’s figured out you left and wants to fill me in, maybe he wants to shoot me for stealing you away…not really sure.”

“Don’t say that!”

“What? That he’s going to shoot me? I was just kidding, pet. He more than likely has no idea that I know about any of this. And it’s not like he even has a gun…Does he have a gun?” William asked anxiously.

“Actually he has quite a few. He has a few collector’s pistols, some handguns, and a pistol or two,” when she saw that he was believing her, she upped it a little, “And possibly an Uzi or two.”

“Ha ha, very funny, luv,” William said, finally catching on.

“Well, you sounded so worried. I had to have a little fun with it. Don’t worry though, you’ll be fine. He probably just wants to tell you something about how horrible, slutty Buffy ran away and took Sam with her so your services will no longer be needed.”

“Oh, but you’ll be needing my ‘services’ in the near future, won’t you, luv?”

“Yeah, yeah, who’s the funny one now…get going so you can tell me what he wanted so I can stop worrying already.”

“Alright, alright, I’m going. Talk to you soon, kitten. Love you,” William said as he hung up.

‘Great, now I have to worry about that too!’ Buffy thought, hoping she could talk to Angel soon so that she could explain things to Sam soon. She knew it was crazy, but she wanted to talk to Angel and get this divorce started before she told Sam what was going on.

It was nearly an hour and a half later when the phone rang again. She really wished her mother would get caller ID, at least that way she’d know who it was.

“Hello?” she said, hoping it wasn’t some telemarketer or friend of her mother’s.

“Hey, pet, it’s Spike. Angel and I just had our talk. He was hoping you’d stop by for a few minutes.” Buffy was worried by how calm he sounded.

“William,” she said quietly. “Are you okay? I mean, you and Angel just spent over an hour together and you seem awfully calm.”

“Let’s just say I found some things out from him and I’m calm right now to stop from screaming at him and doing something that will hurt you in any divorce proceedings. So, yeah, I’m calm, but it’s a little misleading luv.”

“Is it anything I need to worry about? Anything with Sam?” Buffy asked, her voice full of concern.

“No, luv, there’s nothing you need to worry about. Just some stuff he said that’s got me ‘bout ready to blow a gasket. But you think you could come round soon, don’t know how much more ‘alone time’ I can handle with the poof.”

“I’ll be right over, just let me tell Mom and see if she’s alright watching Sam.”

“See you soon then.”

“Bye.”

William sat in the living room---he’d told Angel to keep his ‘bleedin’ idiot of a self’ in his office until Buffy got there—and thought back on his conversation with Angel.

”William so nice of you to stop by on such short notice.” Angel said coldly. “Though I guess you’re here usually, so it’s not really anything new. I’m guessing from the fact that you were the one to tell me you and my wife and my daughter were going on a field trip and the fact that they’re obviously gone for a little while longer—I’m guessing based on that information that you had something to do with whatever it is Buffy thinks she’s doing.”

“That law school education tell you that?” Spike asked mockingly. “And before we even get into this, it’s Spike now, not William.”

“Yes, sure whatever…and don’t get smart with me, you’re the one who’s now out of a job and possibly looking at legal trouble—as soon as I can come up with what exactly you did.” Angel answered coldly.

“You think I care about the job? All I’m losing is the money and that was never why I was here. I’ll tell you whatever you want, but first you’re going to answer some questions for me.”

“Oh I am, am I?”

“You want out of this with your reputation intact? Because I know
plenty of things to bring you down, boy. And believe me, mate,” he spit out, “You don’t want to test me.”

“That so Willy boy?”

“Oh ho ho…big boy wants to be smart huh? Well, you ever consider that the little bit about sleeping with your secretary might not go over so well in divorce proceedings.”

“And why should they believe that, all you have is me telling you about it.”

“And phone records showing that you were at her house
very late at night, I’ve got neighbors of hers willing to testify to your comings and goings,” he bluffed.

“So, you’ve got proof I had an affair. Big deal. I’ve got proof Buffy had one.”

“She did not!” William said indignantly.

“Well I’m Liam O’Connor, best known lawyer in the city and she’s my trophy wife who’s at home all day with you—who do you think they’re going to believe. And I’ve got spying neighbors as well.”

“You can’t prove anything and you know it. Plus, I know about the hooker.” William was completely grasping there.

But it paid off when Angel blanched. “How do you know about that?”

“Told you, mate, I’ve got connections.”

“Fine! What do you want?”

“You’re going to let Buffy go and you’re going to let her keep full custody of Sam, Lord knows you don’t give a shit about either of them. Just let them go.”

“And if I do?”

“Your little bit of a ‘problem’ stays private, along with your little, indiscretions shall we stay. And your reputation stays intact.”

“I’ll think about it,” Angel said, not willing to give in just yet, at least not visibly.

”You do that. And you’re going to answer me a few questions,” Spike said, not pausing to give Angel a chance to continue. “Why did you marry Buffy in the first place?”

“Well obviously she’s hot, you’ve noticed that. And think about it, she’s the perfect wife. Not too bright, insecure enough to not put up a fight, and she’s got the ditzy blonde look down pat…You know I’m the envy of everyone at work? They all want to fuck her.”

“And little do they know you’re not,” William said, his voice mocking and full of venom. “Does it make you feel like a big man to know that you took advantage of her? Prayed on her insecurities and made sure they stayed intact, grew…does that make you feel like a man to be so unsure of yourself that you have to prove it by trying to keep her down?” When Angel didn’t say anything, Spike got in his face, just inches away, “Does it make you feel like a man?”

“You’re so sure of yourself, but she’s not going to leave me. She knows she can’t do better. And she values family too much. She’s not going to take Sam away from her father.”

“You really don’t know do you?” Spike asked, glad that he had a one up on Angel.

“Know what?” he replied angrily.

“Not my place to tell you. Guess you’ll have to wait to find out.”

“Fine. But let’s get Buffy over here so you can see that she’s not going to choose you. She may like you more, but I can give her more.”

“That’s where you’re dead wrong. But yeah, let’s get Buffy over here. Want to get this over with for her.”

“Well aren’t you the noble knight?” Angel said condescendingly.

“And aren’t you trying to be the big, bad wolf.”

“Trying?”

“You’re not enough of a man to succeed.”

“Sing me a new one would you? And go call Buffy, I don’t feel like talking to her just yet.”


He hoped Buffy got there soon.

TBC………….




A/N: I told you Angel was going to get it eventually, didn't I? And because I think I forgot to say so earlier, let's pretend with the blue eyes thing that neither of Angel's parents had blue eyes either :-)


Oooh, now I remember the thing I forgot to tell you: Anyone who thinks Angel has had alight go of it, remember, it said Chapter 32 Part I which means there's a part II ;-)

I know this is after a lot of you have read this, but i also wanted to thank whoever added me as their favorite author recently (or ever) the list won't let me see who it is, but thank you .