Chapter 9

Buffy walked to Spike's house on Saturday night and knocked on the door. She noticed that there were other cars in front of his house and wondered what was going on. Spike opened the door and let her in. "Buffy, I'm sorry about this. I didn't have a number to reach you to tell you that my plans for tonight were changed." He explained.

"Oh, that's okay. What happened?" She asked him.

"Well, I decided that I wasn't going to bother getting dressed up for another date that would only end up badly. So, I called her and told her about my daughter over the phone and that way she wouldn't have to reject me to my face." Buffy felt bad for him again, it wasn't fair.

"I'm sorry, they're all idiots." Spike smiled at her.

"Thank you, actually I have a few friends over right now and you're welcome to stay for a bit if you like. I know Amanda would love to see you." Buffy shook her head.

"I don't want to intrude." Spike waved his hand in the air.

"Think nothing of it, the more the merrier. Come on in and I'll introduce you." Buffy nodded and walked into the living room with him where she saw a few older people sitting around and talking. They stopped to look at them when they walked in. "These are my friends, Xander and his wife Anya. My sister, Tara. And the broody one over there is, Angel." He said as he pointed to all of them. "Everyone this is, Buffy." They all said their hellos and shook hands with her. Anya gave her a big smile.

"It's nice to meet you. Has Spike given you many orgasms yet?" Buffy was surprised by the question and a little embarrassed. Spike rubbed his eyes.

"Xander," he said as Xander nodded and pulled Anya away to talk in private.

"Anya, we talked about this. There is a time and place for everything." Buffy had to smile a little, she liked this group already. Spike looked back at her.

"I'm sorry about that, love. Anya's a bit blunt, she's not afraid to say anything." Buffy nodded.

"Yeah, it's fine." Tara then walked up to Buffy.

"It's really nice to meet you. Spike and Amanda have told me a lot about you." Buffy was flattered by that.

"It's nice to meet you, too." She said and Tara smiled at her. Then Angel walked over to her and something about the way he was looking at her made her uncomfortable.

"So, you're the Buffy I've been hearing about." He said as he looked her up and down. "Definitely like what I see, if you're not doing anything tomorrow maybe we could..." He was cut off as Spike grabbed his arm and pulled him away from her.

"We'll be right back." He told Buffy as he walked away with Angel. When they were out of earshot, Spike let Angel go and glared at him. "What the hell are you doing, mate? You can't hit on her." Angel smiled at him.

"Why not? She's hot, it's what I do." Spike rolled his eyes.

"She's one of my students that's why not. She's also Amanda's babysitter." Angel smiled at him again.

"That just means she's off limits to you, not me. At least she's legal, so I don't see what the problem is." Spike sighed.

"That's not the point." Angel then laughed.

"Oh, I get it. You want her, don't you?" Spike looked surprised by that.

"Of course not, I just don't want her to get hurt and that's exactly what would happen." Angel shook his head.

"Yeah, like I'm gonna believe that's the only reason you want me to stay away. Are you in love with her?" Spike glared at him.

"Just don't, alright? She's not your type anyway." Spike said avoiding the question and Angel crossed his arms over his chest.

"How would you know that?" He asked him.

"That's easy, she's not a slut." Angel put his hand over his heart.

"Ouch, hit me where it hurts." He said with a smirk on his face and Spike rolled his eyes and headed back into the living room. He would be keeping an eye on Angel.