Chapter 11

A few weeks went by and Buffy has gotten closer to Spike and Amanda. She would sometimes go out with the both of them and they would do stuff together. She realized that she loved spending time with them and she loved it when Spike would include her. She felt like a part of their family. She was on her way to Spike’s class one day when she saw a young girl trip and drop her books on the floor. The kids around her were laughing and no one offered to help her. Buffy felt for the girl and she reminded her of herself, so she walked over to her and picked up her books. “You okay?” The girl looked up at her and gave her a smile.

“Yeah, thanks.” She said as she stood up and Buffy handed her the books. Buffy then heard giggling and saw Harmony and her squad walk up to them. She just shook her head and walked by them.

“God, the freshmen this year are so lame.” She said as she walked away from them while the girls laughed and followed after her.

“Just ignore them; I’m Buffy by the way.” Buffy said as she held out her hand and the girl took it.

“I’m Dawn, thanks again for helping me. I was starting to think that no one was decent in this school.” Buffy nodded.

“We’re not all that bad, just stay clear of those girls and you’re good. My classroom is right here, so I should go. I guess I’ll see you around.” Buffy said and Dawn nodded.

“Yeah, it was nice to meet you.” Buffy nodded also.

“Same to you.” She said as she walked to her class and Dawn walked in the other direction. Buffy smiled when she saw that Spike was standing in his doorway and watching her.

“I thought I was the one that helped the damsels in distress.” He said as she walked by him and into the classroom.

“Yeah, you wish.” She told him with a wink as she headed to her desk. Spike smiled and shook his head as he walked back to his desk and prepared for the lesson of the day.


* * * * *


Buffy walked out of the school at the end of the day and headed for home. She was walking for a few minutes when she heard a car horn next to her and looked to see Spike driving by her. She stopped and crossed her arms over her chest. “Care for a ride?” He asked her and she shook her head.

“I’m not supposed to get in a car with strangers.” She told him with a smile.

“Well, it’s a good thing I’m not a stranger then. Come on, I’ll take you anywhere you want to go.” Buffy gave in and got in the car.

“What about Amanda?” She asked him as he started to drive.

“She’s with my sister today, so I’m all yours.” He told her with a wink and she blushed as she looked away. She didn’t know if he was flirting with her or just being really friendly. “So, where to?” She looked back at him.

“Anywhere but here.” He smiled and nodded.

“As you wish.” He replied as he drove to the beach. It was his favorite spot to just spend some time alone and do some thinking. When they got there he parked the car and they got out and walked towards the water.

“I didn’t know you were a beach person.” She said as he found a place to sit down and she sat down next to him.

“There’s a lot you don’t know about me, pet. What about you?” She shook her head.

“I’m not much of a water person in general. I kinda drowned when I was little and it was very terrifying. I can sometimes hardly take a shower without hyperventilating.” She said and he smiled and decided to lighten the mood.

“You in the shower? Trying to give me a good image here, love?” Buffy slapped him on the arm as he laughed.

“Don’t even think about that, mister. You’re my teacher, it’s way weird.” Spike grew serious.

“Right, no bad thoughts.” He then grabbed her hand and hoped that he wouldn’t get in trouble for it, but he was surprised when she didn’t pull away. “How is it possible that a girl like you doesn’t have a boyfriend?” He asked her and she shrugged.

“I don’t know, guys just don’t seem to be all that interested in me.” Spike shook his head.

“They’re bleeding idiots.” Buffy smiled at him.

“Damn right they are. The only guy that actually made me feel somewhat attractive was that friend Angel of yours. I have to say he’s a bit creepy.” Spike laughed.

“You don’t know the half of it. He’s had so many girlfriends it’s hard to keep track. The guy just can’t commit to one person, he has to leave his options open.” Buffy shook her head.

“Why are guys like that?” Spike shrugged.

“Don’t know, but they’re not all like that. I’m not, only looking for one girl here.” Buffy nodded.

“Yeah, you’re not like a lot of the guys that I’ve met. I definitely won’t be finding my soul mate in high school, that’s for sure. I think I need someone a little more mature, you know?” Spike nodded and smiled to himself.

“Yeah, I know.” They just continued to sit there in silence just watching the ocean and he was still holding her hand.